Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky/darkness

Cpt__Duck

Recently I've been replaying the original pokemon mystery dungeon games.
This thread is for you to say ANYTHING related to the original pokemon mystery dungeons.

Personally, mystery dungeon explorers of ________ is my favourite so far.

Explorers of Sky is the only one I've played, mostly due to an in-joke with my brothers involving Shaymin. I've always admired the series though, since it really gets you more involved with the Pokemon than in the main games, where they could just as well be generic faceless grunts.

Not only that, but the gameplay is unique to Pokemon, the story and characters are well done and the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard for a long time.

I started playing through red rescue team again not too long ago but I put it down for a bit. Gotta get back into that...

The first ones are my favorite, always so much fun to just sit down and run through a couple dungeons.

For all it's flaws (and it has a lot of flaws), I've really loved the series. I don't think it made a very smooth transition onto the 3ds, however. The camera angle and animations don't really sync up with the rigid top down perspective dungeon crawlers benefit from.

For all it's flaws (and it has a lot of flaws), I've really loved the series. I don't think it made a very smooth transition onto the 3ds, however. The camera angle and animations don't really sync up with the rigid top down perspective dungeon crawlers benefit from.
Except for being unbearably easy, I actually really liked Super Mystery Dungeon.

I hit the post game a while ago and I've kinda stopped playing it after that but I still pick it up once a week or so to get some more missions done.

(Although the first ones are still my favorite)

Except for being unbearably easy, I actually really liked Super Mystery Dungeon.

I hit the post game a while ago and I've kinda stopped playing it after that but I still pick it up once a week or so to get some more missions done.

(Although the first ones are still my favorite)
Also Super Mystery Dungeon taught me that you can stop entropy by headbutting it.

Back