• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

JerzeyLegend & Friends Present.... Build Contest III [Now with a Theme]

JerzeyLegend

Contest is over now.

Guess who won? xXProtoslash! Congrats proto.

Want info on this contest, open spoiler.

Curious about Contest 2? Check out www.t9k.me/Bf

Well.. here we are already. Contest #3. The previous two were a success. With the 2nd contest being even more amazing than the first.

Alot of great builds and ideas were created on the contest world. If you didn't get to see it yet, head on over to Contest2 before it gets removed from the list.

Now its time to start gathering contestants for the 3rd contest. This time, we have a theme.

I put some thought into this (not really), and said to my Co-Judge Sideboom, how about a homage to 8-bit video games. Then i thought to myself, that's too limiting. How about a full blown homage to video games of all bits?

So here it is folks... this build contest has a theme: VIDEO GAMES!

Mario Sprites?
Samus Temple?
How about a full scale tank from Metal Slug?

The choice is pretty much yours.

Rules are under some discussion, but basics are in place:

1.) You must be cool+ rank in classic on the Team9000 server. We are not opening to guest for obvious reasons. If you participated in the last contest (but did not win) you may do so here. *No previous beta winners*

2.) You can not have a beta account already, we will check beforehand, however, just be honest.

3.) You must be in good standing with the Team9000 community, both forums and classic.

4.) Submissions for contest can not be one previously built, it must be a brand new build, done within the time constraints.

5.) Submissions for contest must be built solo. No group builds. This is so there is no fighting over who gets the prize in case your build wins.

6.) ONLY 1 build. Do not build a sprite next to your finished house or boat or whatever have you.

7.) Grief in any shape or form shall result in automatic disqualification. We will act accordingly as it is grief in any other world.

8.) NO offensive builds, including but not limited to genitalia, swastikas, curses, or insults towards another player(s).

9.) If you want to submit your build for promotion, you may do so, but do not expect promotion as a reward for the contest.

Prizes: Prizes will be relative to the number of players, however, the prize will now and forever be MC Beta. No more non-MC related prizes as this is the vision i had in mind originally.

Judges: PLEASE DO NOT HOUND ME ABOUT BEING A JUDGE! Currently it is myself and sideboom. We both will put together a reliable and available (STREAK! Y U NO BE AVAILABLE) committee.

Date: Friday May 20th - Monday May 23nd. Judging will take place on Tuesday May 24rd.

To enter, simply state your name & rank on classic:

Anish94
Dualking

Kingjok3r
that_taco_guy
Shadow829
Stargunburst
Vincent2128
LetsVoltin
WIINNIIEE
Snowww
NinjaDavid
xXProtoSlash
BoyHimas
TheAnarchist

Name: Shadow829

JerzeyLegendz said:
If you participated in the last contest (but did not win) you may do so here.(under discussion)

Oh! Please approve that one. I really want Beta :sackboy:

Name: Vincent2128
You're on Stargunburst!

Jerzey can we have more than a weekend this time?

Dimensions of My Sprite: 500 (length) x 128 (height) x 1
64000 blocks...

Not anymore, reduced the background size

Hey, I've got two designs to choose from now:
Should I make a 28288 block big sprite, or a 13493 block big sprite? :p
I resized the sprites, and now I've decided on a 27904 block big sprite :D

Back