• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Charged Miners Doesnt work.

DarkMalfunction

Hi,

I read somewhere that WoM doesn't work for connecting to classic, and that I should try Charged Miners instead. When I launch Charged Miners, it says OpenGL2.1 isn't supported or something. Fair do's, I have an old laptop, but it used to run Classic so it should still.

So, I tried a different launcher. Found out about XWoM. Could log in, showed me the server list. Tried to reach both Team9000 public servers, got the message "Can't connect to server, it's probably down". Arse.

Next up, launcherX. "Can't connect to server, probably down." Arse.

Trying through Minecraft.net doesn't work. Trying the Wom.team9000.net direct address doesn't work in browser or any of the above methods, "still get can't connect to blahdiblah."

Any ideas on what I could do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

homerdrool2.gif
<- your avatar

I was having issues with classic before and wom would give me a java error. After a few weeks messing with java things I tried updating my video card drivers and everything worked again.

So if you have a video card it might be a good idea to update the drivers.

I got a new laptop for christmas, however its faulty, so im gonna have to return it. In the 3 days it did work, it did run charged miners, so its al good now (except my laptop, that thing's fucked.)

I have an old laptop, but it used to run Classic so it should still.

Fortunately (and also unfortunately), Charged Miners is actually technically an entirely different game from normal "classic." They rewrite it from the ground up without using java, which is why is runs so smoothly, but also why your old laptop didn't support it.

Back