• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I didn't do anything sonic! Please unbanned me!

G
ya so u asked for the idea and they let u build it so theres no problem there. but seth x-ray.... really? i think sethro34 should be unbanned for 1 month. in that month he will work till he gets $6000. if he does not get $6000 in one month he will be banned. i think you sould give him a chance to get the money.
We have money but we need like 1500 more to pay him back.

I think sonic's issue was more to do with trust than money.
He pointed out the other city's player told the truth and his town offered to go into debt to have him back.

I doubt the problem has ever been paying for the diamonds you got by cheating, because if that's why anyone gets unbanned, being banned for anything would be just a matter of paying a fine.
I'd say the reason sonic asked for input on the server chat was to see if you're a good player, and a friendly one, that would have been worth unbanning you for.

It can be very hard to tell if someone if using an x-ray hack.

I mean, I see it this way:
There's a lot of evidence to support that he has used an x-ray hack. I mean, that's an astronomical amount of diamonds.
I also doubt that he got a friend to find him diamonds. I mean, it could be harmless. But was the friend using x-ray? Not to mention, it's a massive amount of diamond just lying around, and as if you would leave it or someone else.

Maybe he could have been very lucky, and found numerous veins, or had sufficient knowledge of the diamond spawning algorithm to track diamonds. Maybe he even (somehow) got the map, and found the diamonds offline?

However, it's a sketchy outcome in any case.
its is very possebly you can copy the map ip (or what ever you call it) thats quiet easy though is that cheat then?

its is very possebly you can copy the map ip (or what ever you call it) thats quiet easy though is that cheat then?
It could be considered an unfair advantage, which is what I was saying. However, it's a far less incriminating alternative to using x-ray. Really, I was just suggesting things other than x-ray to be bi-partisan, but it doesn't matter, because he did, and so on.

I think this thread needs closure. Woot has already stated his opinion on the matter, and we really don't need any more pundits walking in. Seriously, all points here have been covered ad finitum, and this thread is a mess. If Sethro and Co. want to continue their chat in a conversation, let them be. Apart from that, I recommend this thread to be closed. Please?

I think sonic's issue was more to do with trust than money.
He pointed out the other city's player told the truth and his town offered to go into debt to have him back.

I doubt the problem has ever been paying for the diamonds you got by cheating, because if that's why anyone gets unbanned, being banned for anything would be just a matter of paying a fine.
I'd say the reason sonic asked for input on the server chat was to see if you're a good player, and a friendly one, that would have been worth unbanning you for.
So since I am banned forever that mean no one cares that I'm being banned and I'm not a friendly player?

So since I am banned forever that mean no one cares that I'm being banned and I'm not a friendly player?
Sethro, you're right. No-one cares if you were friendly, if you still cheated. Just because you showed exemplary behavior does not let you off the hook for breaking server rules. stop going around in a circle, and don't try and kid yourself. You have broken the rules, and that's that. You could have been a model player, and we still would have banned you.

TheGurw was a senior and well-respected member of the community. Like you, I guess, he was a friendly guy. But he was banned for (supposedly) using x-ray. Woot doesn't play favourites because he is a good admin.

I think this thread needs closure. Woot has already stated his opinion on the matter, and we really don't need any more pundits walking in. Seriously, all points here have been covered ad finitum, and this thread is a mess. If Sethro and Co. want to continue their chat in a conversation, let them be. Apart from that, I recommend this thread to be closed. Please?

You will remain banned. I'm sorry sethro, you were really a dedicated player -- but cheating and lying are not things I look on favorably.

Back