• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft.jar

PhantomC

Well, I screwed up my original minceraft.jar with a mod that I now cannot remove. Where can I get a new minecraft.jar file?

You should be able to just delete the minecraft.jar from your .minecraft folder, then run the exe again. It'll redownload.

Nope, I ran the .exe and it opens up the minecraft window and says updating minecraft. Below, it has a little loading bar that is nearly loaded and it says done loading, but it's stuck like that.

delete your entire .minecraft folder (except for your saves, if you have any)

Well, it re-downloaded everything, but unfortunately I ended up with the exact same minecraft.jar I had before. :O

It also creates another minecraft.jar, which is great but when I put the mod files I want into it, and replace it into my bin folder, minecraft does that stuck loading screen again. :eek:

Maybe try reloading the mods one at a time and figure out which one is fuggin' the whole thing up?

Do you have Vista? If you do, disable something which backups the files automaticly. Vista has one originally and must be disabled to not make the new one exactly the same as earlier. I don't know the name of the feature, i have a Finnish computer :confused:

I cant delete the minecraft.jar at all, it just keeps giving me this error when i try:

The action can't be completed because the file is open in Java(TM) Platform SE binary
close the file and try again.
What do i do?

Hmm, maybe try exiting java if it's open in any form? When you do delete minecraft.jar, you need to delete everything in your .minecraft folder except your saves, then open your minecraft client and it should redownload everything.

Yeah it says to me that I can't delete it (all of the .jar files, though) and when I tried to install a mod, when I was deleting that folder, it said it can't because it was being used by something, and nothing was up that used minecraft.jar. It gave me an option to 'BREAK OPERATION' but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. Now how am I suppose to get the 'Too Many Items' mod? Please help!

i deleted my entire .minecraft folder, but when iredownload it and go into the launcher, it says not downloaded at the bottom after i sign in.

Back