Team9000 Classic Map Files

Pillow_Ninja

Hi everyone,

I've been a member of Team9000 since 2011 (just on a different account - amermelstein). Over the years, I became a regular player on the server and have met a wide range of folks. T9K had a significant impact on my small, but existent gaming life and late childhood, and it is now that I have come back with the possibility of a re-opening.

With the only available classic system around being ClassiCube, I was wondering if it would be possible to re-establish Team9000. My only request is as follows: would it be at all possible to obtain server files (namely spawn and a guest world) from the old Team9000 classic server? Giving all credit to the Team9000 community, starting a server with these maps would serve more as a means of remembering the good 'ole days of classic, while still allowing new members to enjoy the server almost as it was half a decade ago.

Are Team9000 classic map files at all possible to obtain?

Thank you so much,
Pillow

Even classicube is basically dead at this point. I'm reluctant to release maps, since there's very little for anyone to gain aside from claiming credit for things made within them.

In this thread I posted a few maps and someone posted details about a server which now hosts them.

Wow, that was fairly recently. Funny I never even noticed someone else had the same idea as me haha. I've found your upload link, but it appears the file has been removed due to inactivity? I don't wanna seem bothersome, but would it be too much to ask for a reupload? Don't feel obliged by any means; I just think it would be nice to at least have backups spread among multiple people and also to have a few set up on ClassiCube soely to pay homage to the old days ;).

Even classicube is basically dead at this point. I'm reluctant to release maps, since there's very little for anyone to gain aside from claiming credit for things made within them.

Unfortunately, even ClassiCube is struggling, but I wouldn't by any means call it dead. As a matter of fact, people still register on the daily. I think a lot of people join after looking for a free version of Minecraft.

I get that you wouldn't want to release maps as a "copyright" or use of intellectual property issue, but I can certainly say that I wouldn't use them to try and re-establish a popular server off the remains of T9K, insomuch as they'd be used to reminisce. If DOS622 would be willing to provide a couple guest maps, would you be able to put up one of the main levels / spawns? That was a true signature of T9K.

Thanks guys! Don't feel obliged, but I'm just shootin'.

I've found your upload link, but it appears the file has been removed due to inactivity? I don't wanna seem bothersome, but would it be too much to ask for a reupload?

Sure, I'll do that soon.

I just think it would be nice to at least have backups spread among multiple people

Agreed!

would you be able to put up one of the main levels / spawns? That was a true signature of T9K.

Yeah, I'd love to see that first world again, although it wouldn't be the same without 50 other Steves in that starting area :D

Back