• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Beta "Kingdoms" (Final Version)

MinerJuco

Beta PVP ‘Kingdoms’

A world is divided into five different Kingdoms.

This could be 1 map with defined borders or 4 different maps , (North, South, East, and West) linked by a Portal Map (Barbarian Outlands) Each Kingdom is ruled over by a Moderator.

The middle Spawn Kingdom is that of the Barbarians. Anyone may build there with no land ownership rules or architecture laws. The Outer Reaches of the kingdoms are also lands of the Barbarian Horde.

The other four Kingdoms are divided again into 5 different Nations with different architecture laws.

PVP is enabled in specified areas around the map.

People may join and leave nations as they wish.

The currency of this map will be GOLD INGOTS. A barter trade is preferred because economies are hopefully built on speciality.

The King/Moderator has the final say as to who runs the Government of a Nation. Votes should be held to determine the Presidents of the Nations.

A Governments main goal is to ensure the safety and success of their people by building roads and walls.

If a new city wishes to be established the President of the Nation must first show the proposed land to the King/Moderator for approval.

Land is first owned by the government then sold to people who wish to build. Any land that is built upon will be demolished by the government unless the land is owned by the player. (Land should usually be gifted for good service to country)

If a player’s dwelling/shop/factory is not built aligned to the Nations guidelines it will be judged accordingly and demolished unless changed.

The architecture and land ownership restrictions are in place to ensure the economy grows due to the different materials needed for different cities. Also it helps define different Nations and keeps the creatives and capitolists happy.

The Kingdoms and Nations restrictions are in place to ensure a harmony is kept. The Nations will never change (Kind of like the Races of WoW) so that there will never be any quarrelling and people can make a choice depending on their tastes rather than who is running the nation. This keeps the power struggle even and fair.

The Barbarian Land is there for the people who want to build whatever they want.

BETACONCEPT.jpg

*This is an old image, dont take notice of text on the right side.

Kingdoms and their various nations.

NORTH
SAXO: The people of Saxony settle in forest lands fringing on snow. They are renowned for their schools and monarchy. The architecture is medieval British (around Elizabethan), French and Germanic. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: European Castle.
SCAN: The people of Scana settle in and around snow and are the most northern inhabitants of the Northern Kingdom. They are renowned for their coastal fortress and lavish temples. The architecture is ancient Norse. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Viking Castle.
ROME: The people of Romelas settle on low lying grassland. They are renowned for The Coliseum and their cobble roads. The architecture is that of ancient Rome. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Roman Villa.
GREC: The people of Greco settle on low lying grass land near arid areas and also islands. They are renowned for the beauty of their temples and their twin states (Athens, Sparta). When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Grecian Villa
SPAN: The people of Spanol settle on low lying grassland and desert. They are renowned for their great Cathedral and their hunt for gold. The architecture is that of medieval Spain. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Spanish Fort/Villa

WEST
EAST: The people of East State settle on grassland near snow. They are renowned for their technology and capitol buildings. The architecture is of colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Sky-Scraper.
WEST: The people of West State settle on grasslands or desert. They are renowned for their great mines and economy. The architecture is of western colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Sand Fort.
SOUT: The people of The South settle on grasslands or desert. They are renowned for their ranches and hospitality. The architecture is based on southern colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Wood Fort.
MEXI: The people of Mexila settle on desert and rarely on grassland. They are renowned for their Stone Pyramids and Festivals. The architecture is based on colonial Spain. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Spanish Fort.
STHA: The people of the Ameras settle in jungle and mountains. They are renowned for their remoteness and mountain villages. The architecture is based on ancient Americas. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Mountain Village.

EAST
INDI: The people of Indius settle in grassland and desert. They are renowned for their Indian Palaces and slums. The architecture is based on ancient India. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build an: Indian Palace.
CHIN: The people of Chintsa settle in grassland. They are renowned for their Great Wall and Chinese castles. The architecture is based on ancient China. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Chinese Castle.
JAPA: The people of Japana settle in coastal grasslands and islands. They are renowned for their beautiful gardens and craftsmanship. The architecture is based on ancient Japan. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Japanese Castle.
KORE: The people of Koreya settle in grasslands near snow. They are renowned for their architecture and trading. The Architecture is based on ancient Korean. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Korean Castle.
INDO: The people of Indoni settle in coastal grasslands. They are renowned for their above water villages and volcano temples.

SOUTH
TURK: The people of Turkza settle in grasslands and desert. They are renowned for their great buildings and temples. The architecture is based on the Ottoman Empire. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Turkish Fort
CANN: The people of Cannea settle in grasslands and desert. They are renowned for their walls and their Temples. The architecture is based on Babylon. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Sand Fort.
EGYP: The people of Egypz settle in grasslands and desert along a river. They are renowned for their great temples and pyramids. The architecture is based on ancient Egypt. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Tomb
PHON: The people of Phoneci settle in coastal desert. They are renowned for their reclaimed land cities and temples. The architecture is based on Phoenicia. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Coastal Fortress
AFRI: The people of The Afri settle in grassland near desert. They are renowned for their strange rituals and good dancing. The architecture is based on Africa. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: African fort.

This sounds really good - I'm a little dissapointed there isn't an Australia :)

Lol I know Vorsprung, I am a fellow ANZAC from New Zealand. If Australia was going on there, New Zealand was too! And what kingdom would they go in!!! We will just have to invade the southern Barbarian Outland and name new Nations after our own! I am also thinking that Fantasy nations such as Dwarves, Elves and Orcs could be introduced in some areas of the map.

Go ANZACs! We are the bossest countries in the world!

Fast fact: during WW1, on the Western Front, ANZAC forces accounted for less that 20% of all Allied forces, but were responsible for over 80% of all land, weapons, intelligence, prisoners-of-war and other spoils gained by the Allies?

And rugby is good.

If there was a country for everyone's nationality on this beta server, there would just be too many problems to count. You would have all of the Australians going against all of the Germans and that would be really weird, even on a game like Minecraft. It's a good idea, but could use some work. Have you presented this to Wooty/Wooty yet? He might be interested in it.

Also, Vorsprung, Rule #2.2 in your signature: :facepalm:

Hey, Rule #2.2 is a very valid rule that can be applied to many situations in life.
I don't think that would happen - and the Australians fighting the Germans? No way. We would fight among ourselves, that's the Australian way. Or we would have a friendly match with New Zealand. Stuff like that.

The idea of the creation of the different nations were for them to be more based on ancient civilisations anyway. Racism is something that touches every person. Come to New Zealand, I am an indegenous person who have a Ratio of 1:40 to Koreans. To me the world is a melting pot. To all the people I have talked to about it, they like it and it gives them a chance to build some architecture from their homelands in places that may resemble their homelands. It is a small man that brings his problems to the gaming field anyway. But thanks for your input Ginyu, it is much appreciated. I have presented the old versions of this map to the higher ups. Most seem very un-interested in anything at the moment. I suppose they have better things to do than listen to players wanting change, when they have already changed so much for the players.

I see this map as a benchmark that has the ability to grow. The current world has nothing but a mix mash of cities with no unity and no goals. I see no in-depth communication of any kind of what people want. All I see are people still squabbling over the old map. All I want to see is achievement and ever-lasting pride. I'm sorry I havn't even been to EP, I still can't find the fucken portal. But in all honesty, with what I have heard about it, I can't be bothered anway. EC wasn't worth it (No offence, I can understand the technical side of the build but honestly WTF.) Beta is more a Castle-Medievaly game anyway. Yeah you may be able to get away with Future Builds, but thats if you have a shit-ton of wool, iron and dyes. But Sorry, I ain't here to bitch because everyone who sticks around on this game are epic builders anyway and we should all respect that, this is why I have come up with this concept:

TO LET EVERYBODY HAVE SOMETHING THAT THEY WANT

How could people not want this? I ask myself.

Oh and Vorsprung, bring back the biff!!! Cook me some eggs!!!

Where I live is pretty diverse, but sadly, there are no koreans living near me...

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that the higher ups wouldn't be interested it. It presents a ton of change, all in which could take place in a couple of days. This server isn't ready for a ton of huge changes yet, but doesn't mean it ever will. EC and EP all have their goals, but they kinda seem to remain invisible to the average minecrafter. You should try and check both of them out, both being very unique with tons of creative builds. I also posted exactly how to get to both of these cities on a different thread, try finding it sometime, I forgot where it is. If you still need help, check the wiki or you could go to spawn and follow the man-made roads that remain prevalent to the whole outlands.
Hey, Rule #2.2 is a very valid rule that can be applied to many situations in life.
:facepalm::facepalm:I'm still not convinced...

Well, I would go into detail, but there are children around (coughcoughcough Coolkidfreake).

I don't get want you mean by 'cook me some eggs', Juco, but one of the few meals I can actually cook is omlette or scrambled eggs.
I do have problems with two-minute-noodles - I don't know how long to cook them for.

Anyway, the civilisation thing sounds good. Being a narrow-minded fool and a lover of megastructures, I'd probably want to be in the 'America' region. But we'll see. All good ideas take a while to get rolling. We just have to see.

I have been to EC. I haven't been back there since because it lacked any warmth and I got lost real easy. I can understand the technical side but again I am not convinced that there is any goal towards it except look-at-me and my air-ship. I would rather say "Come to my town me and buddies made (not some dude I don't know), be sure to check out Ginyus Food Market and Vorsprungs Diamond Tools Emporium".

I suppose what I am trying to say is that; a ground structure should be established to let all of the new people coming onto this server play the game in a way that they want to play it, whether that be doing what they want as a Barbarian or taking a more civilised approach where you must earn your way before you can build. It just gives people more options. Something that EP and EC do not do.

These are the options at the present in BETA:
Live in the outlands and get robbed by somebody now PVP is enabled.
Move to a Whitelisted city (which I am not whitelisted for even though I have been with T9k for 5 months established myself on classic and asked woot and applied via forum). And either build in EP (which I would do if I could find it and get whitelisted to it) or build a floating house in EC. I couldn't see that ending well as my favourite build material is sand!
No Economy options.

I don't know man. I am just trying to open peoples eyes to what a world could be with a bit of ground structure. I suppose as I am a creative I get frustrated at the lack of different themes that can be achieved. I wish I was part of these builds, every idea that flashes into mind is more epic than the one before. Gold Mines of the Wild West, The Coliseum of Romelas, The Subway System of New Cydon. And is this not what MineCraft is about? People coming together to create crazy ass builds? I said this in a previous thread about zone11 in classic when I was plugging it to the "Higher-Ups":
why not showcase the teams talents?

And this is a team, is it not?

That sounds good - perhaps it could be even more flexible, where a player could ask for a permit where they can make an area for a theme they want to build. I know that's not phrased very well, but hold with me:

If, for example, I want to build to an 'Australian' theme. I could aks MinerJuco for a permit to have a certain area of land where I can have my own theme.
To go even further - you could have one half of the whitelist world themed, and have it divided up into different theme areas. The other half could be unthemed... But still whitelisted. There will be experienced players or even just creative players who won't want to build to a theme. I think that may be a good way out of it.

Just some thoughts.

The initial architecture guides were mainly a pictorial to inspire people to try out different themes, it also gives people the choice, and I have always been for more nations to arise. I have always liked the idea of Fantasy nations aswell (Dwarves, Elves, Orcs) imagine a huge dwarven city with huge "deep roads" like Dragon Age.

I completely agree Vors. What I tried to do when I came up with the concept was to let everybody "PLAY HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY"

If they wanted to build anything - they can
If they want to start a successful shop - they can
If people want to fight - they can do so at battle arenas.
If they want to start their own nation without hinderance of authoritive figures telling them how it should be - then they can have a go at building a city.

ATM I have only 1 option, build with no point to it, no ones going to see it or have fun playing in my builds, so WTF is the point building them? If I want to build for no point I will go and play fucking classic.

Yeah... Even if you have a great idea, or in this case, founded a great server, it's a completely different ballgame to get people to play.

Two questions:
  • Is Zone11 whitelisted yet? (Have you got a response from the admins?)
and if not,
  • Is Zone11 going to be transferred to Survival once it is completed?

I'm not pressuring you, I just want to know.

I think this idea is good, but 'Afri'-Africa seems a bit ignorant of the fact that Africa is made up of many countries.

By the way, shouldn't it be 'Greek' villa? Easier for the average person to comprehend than 'Grecian'.

Zone11 - No word from admin. And wholly fuck can you actually transfer from classic to beta? If you could wholly fuck. Sorry for the wholly fucks, but wholly fuck! (I Just noticed I don't blaspheme even when I try)

Vincent:
Sorry about my mistakes. I wouldn't call it ignorance, as I am very aware that there is more than one country in Africa, I localised the architecture and named it after the general area where you may find buildings like that. They arn't countries as such, more like Building Races.

And true that Vorsprung, different story to get people to play it. But I think if you get a small core playing who really give it some good backbone then some people will just naturally be interested in it and start playing within the ideas of the group. Especially if it works well and the core group can offer great ways to entice people (ie paying people GOLD to do stuff for you etc) to join the dynamic new play styles.

I see it all as marketing, offer people more variety and they will find it more interesting and stick around for longer.

Endurance is another key word. Make a map that has so many layers and people will not tire from it resulting in no more people crying about shit anymore.

Back