• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cost of towns

Something akin to "nerfing". Like anything new, there's tweaks to be made to the system once it goes from concept/theory to the real word. I'd imagine it's to help skew the constant spawn of new towns that everybody and their grandmother are trying to create.

Something akin to "nerfing". Like anything new, there's tweaks to be made to the system once it goes from concept/theory to the real word. I'd imagine it's to help skew the constant spawn of new towns that everybody and their grandmother are trying to create.
This, although the cost is preventative to steady expansion, it does help prevent unorganized social expansion and promotes properly planned projects on the same level as Haven from the last map, what I'm sure Bastion will be on this map, and what WorldHub is in progress to become.

CondoBlocks were put in to reduce the effects of the price increase.

This, although the cost is preventative to steady expansion, it does help prevent unorganized social expansion and promotes properly planned projects on the same level as Haven from the last map, what I'm sure Bastion will be on this map, and what WorldHub is in progress to become.
I disagree. Haven wasn't a planned project per se, and with current methods of gaining money progress on these kinds of projects is slowed down greatly by the claiming system. The World Hub project could have progressed a lot faster without the artificial time limits the current pricing system (with voting for money) imposes.

I disagree. Haven wasn't a planned project per se, and with current methods of gaining money progress on these kinds of projects is slowed down greatly by the claiming system. The World Hub project could have progressed a lot faster without the artificial time limits the current pricing system (with voting for money) imposes.

Hawke, are you trying to say that worldhub cant even use the land they have until all of their plots are claimed? You guys can work on the 8 million plots you already have while you wait for the money to buy the next 8 million. I would be stunned if you guys had finished all the work you can do on the plots you already have. I guarantee that it will take you longer to build whatever it is you are building than it will take to buy the plots to protect it.

Hawke, are you trying to say that worldhub cant even use the land they have until all of their plots are claimed? You guys can work on the 8 million plots you already have while you wait for the money to buy the next 8 million. I would be stunned if you guys had finished all the work you can do on the plots you already have. I guarantee that it will take you longer to build whatever it is you are building than it will take to buy the plots to protect it.
I don't know about you but I don't usually build in chunks, but rather from the bottom up.

Ehhhh not really. We still need to mine for materials, this just gives us an excuse to do so. Honestly, the last thing preventing us from progressing faster is the plot purchasing; the main one being the insane amount of materials required, the other big one being that we need a lot of materials from the Nether, and are waiting on the spawn store.
Hawke isn't part of WorldHub. You're actually very correct.
Speaking of WH.... Why does it look like a mass of overlapping circles? It reminds of pie, which I only moderately enjoy. You guys should make it look like a giant cake. Or a parfait. Everyone loves parfait.
Ask quazymoodo. The Hub Market (the phase of the design we're working on right now) is 95% his design. The main part of the build (Hub Castle and Hub Station) are going to be built South of our current location.

Ehhhh not really. We still need to mine for materials, this just gives us an excuse to do so. Honestly, the last thing preventing us from progressing faster is the plot purchasing; the main one being the insane amount of materials required, the other big one being that we need a lot of materials from the Nether, and are waiting on the spawn store.

Please refer to https://www.team9000.net/threads/is-the-end-going-to-be-enabled.21989/#post-263091. There is not likely going to be a store, but more likely there will be a world similar to the current wilderness mining world but nether only, so you will be able to mine all your nether stuff for yourself soon! Just be patient!

Having a nether is more likely than having an end. I've been considering enabling the nether on a "one-portal" basis. Basically, user-created portals wouldn't do anything, and there'd be a portal near spawn for entry -- sort of like the wilderness.

Hawke isn't part of WorldHub. You're actually very correct.

Ask quazymoodo. The Hub Market (the phase of the design we're working on right now) is 95% his design. The main part of the build (Hub Castle and Hub Station) are going to be built South of our current location.
Wow, you guys are really slow then.

Hawke...really?

Just stop. Just look at the map. Do you have ANY idea just how big of a build worldhub is trying to make? How about you collect all of their materials for them by yourself and then tell them that they are slow. It would probably take you the better part of a year so just be quiet.

Please refer to https://www.team9000.net/threads/is-the-end-going-to-be-enabled.21989/#post-263091. There is not likely going to be a store, but more likely there will be a world similar to the current wilderness mining world but nether only, so you will be able to mine all your nether stuff for yourself soon! Just be patient!
Oh, I'm aware of that. Either way, we're waiting on Wootybooty.
How fast can you collect 15,000 obsidian? ;)

How fast can you collect 15,000 obsidian? ;)
That is a particular case then, as not all large projects need to mine obisidian. The rest of us don't need this much time to gather resources.
Hawke...really?

Just stop. Just look at the map. Do you have ANY idea just how big of a build worldhub is trying to make? How about you collect all of their materials for them by yourself and then tell them that they are slow. It would probably take you the better part of a year so just be quiet.
That's not much if you don't use obsidian.

That is a particular case then, as not all large projects need to mine obisidian. The rest of us don't need this much time to gather resources.
That's not much if you don't use obsidian.
Kindly buzz off about things you have no idea about. Your nose doesn't belong in our stuff. You have absolutely NO IDEA how much material is required for our project, but let me give you a number to help you understand. For Phase III alone, we require 65,168 stonebrick, 5,442 stonebrick stairs, and 11,602 stonebrick slabs. Keep in mind that that is just 1 item, for 1 phase, in a 5-phase project, that requires almost every block in Minecraft.

Don't belittle us by saying you could do it faster, because even if you had someone constantly cranking out efficiency V tools for you, we're still going faster than you could.

Parfait...anyone?

chocolate-parfait-sl-1654595-l.jpg

I'd like to express my annoyance with the cost of towns as well. Specifically the fact that even after more than a week of voting to get 500 credits to name a town (which I had already named, but for some reason it was removed), you have to pay an additional 250 for your first actual plot. I seem to recall woot saying, when diamonds could be sold (pre-wipe), that prices would go down if the only way to get money would be by voting.

Back