Votes: 4 9.8%
  • tshinotu145

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Godliberator

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moondoggy23

So, I'm trying something new here and I'm calling it "Get to Know a Gamer." It's going to be a weekly-ish thing where you guys can vote on the Gamer and I will ask them a series of questions just to get to know them a bit better. The idea behind the whole thing is for the community as a whole to learn about their fellow T9Kers and form a better, friendlier community, and maybe even branch out to other parts of gaming, movies and music that the community, as a whole, can enjoy together.

With this being the first GKG, I chose to interview ConroD, being that he was there when I mentioned it, and he spoke the least of everyone else at the time. Without further ado, Get to Know a Gamer: ConroD

ConroD is a Epic rank player on the Team9000 Classic Multiplayer Server.

1. So, you're English. What's that like?
Not going to lie, being English offers little more than a decent selection of accents. An abundance of under age drinkers, chavs and bad politicians makes for a pretty strange place to grow up. But hey, what ever takes your fancy.

909567e3-d698-4a0c-849e-c8befb5677ce.jpg

2. What is your earliest gaming memory?
My most vivid, and earliest gaming memory was picking up a Nintendo 64 controller and playing Diddy Kong racing. This, and the occasional Mega Man release, were enough to draw me in to the gaming world, and to this day I am still hooked.

647307-diddykongracing_na_large.jpg

3. If you have favorites, which is your favorite game ever and why.
I can almost honestly say I don't have a favourite game. I prefer certain genres to others, will always love First Person Shooters and RPGs, but too many games have taken my eye over the years to choose. The original Doom, and Borderlands come fairly close though.

4. What brought you to Team 9000?
I was randomly introduced to Minecraft back in August, which eventually lead me to exploring Classic Multiplayer. After playing the Classic Server for a few days, Casham introduced me to the website and Mumble.. And I have been on regularly ever since.

5. What games are you currently playing?
As of the past couple of days I have been playing Portal 2 for all it's worth. As expected, Classic is a regular part of my day.. Aswell as a little bit of Borderlands, here and there. Terraria is a brand new indie game which has also taken several members eye.
Portal2logo.jpg

6. If you could have the choice between the ability to fly and super strength, which would you choose and why?

Hmm, that is a tough one.. But super strength takes the cake this time. You can get a plane if you want to fly around, but you can't pay to pick up a bus.. Even if you do roll first class.

7. Aside from gaming and banning people in Minecraft Classic, is there any other hobby you enjoy?
There are several hobbies I enjoy, including; Drinking, Alcoholism, Drinking, and attending the pub. Not to forget the regular gym visits, followed by a pick-me-up pint down the local. Oh! I also used to do Mountain Bike Trials, but leaving school pretty much ended that one.

8. What gave you the inspiration to choose the name ConroD?
Well.. My brother (one of them, anyways) was always obsessed with cars, which ended in him dubbing me 'ConroD'. For anyone who doesn't know.. ConroD is short for Connecting rod, details of which can be found here.

9. If you were stuck on a desert island, what three items (people included) would want with you and why?
I would take a magnifying glass, for an almost constant means of making fire. A dog for company, assistance when hunting etc, alerting to danger etc. And.. Hmm.. As much alcohol as a human can carry (totally counts as one item).
ConroD Island.jpg

10. What is the one place you want to go see before you die?
Short and sweet.. The Kármán line. For further details click here.

11. What do you most enjoy about Team 9000 and why?
The community, the feeling of being part of something, and the endless laughs we have is what I enjoy the most, and what makes me proud to be a member of Team9000.

I hope that gives you a little bit of an insight into what makes me, me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote who you would like to see in next week's installment. If your choice wasn't the top pick, don't worry, they will get another chance. If you wanted to be one of the choices, let me know, I'll add you in a later vote. If there any questions you have for next time, please post them. I'll try to use them if they will fit in.

moondoggy23 said:
There are several hobbies I enjoy, including; Drinking, Alcoholism, Drinking, and attending the pub. Not to forget the regular gym visits, followed by a pick-me-up pint down the local. Oh! I also used to do Mountain Bike Trials, but leaving school pretty much ended that one.

Hahaha
Leaving school=perms to buy goon=no more mountain biking :(

It makes too much sense

:trollface:

Why would anyone want to get to know Conrod?

He reeks of 60 year old flanges, and bum crumpets.

I love this Idea, I will be willing to be a part of this, however I voted for Tofurkey, because that is the only reson I need.

He's already got the tiger blood:p
He also needs to dress like a wannabe gangster and obtain awkward social skills, then he can be Bi-winning!
Actually, no one should want to be Charlie Sheen, disregard those first comments.

@Cap What do you mean?! Everyone wants to be Charlie Sheen a drunk who sleeps with ever women alive. Whats not to love!

@ConroD I'm not sure I want to know.

I would like to know tofurkey more because he rarely talks on mumble when I am there. Also, if possible, if people could get to know me, for I am barely known by most.

I would like to know tofurkey more because he rarely talks on mumble when I am there. Also, if possible, if people could get to know me, for I am barely known by most.
Yes, tofurkey is a quiet one. But personally I'd like to know about Creeper :D

Who are you? Never saw you before :trollface:

Back