Get to Know a Gamer: Squeebz

Which Gamer Do You Want to "Get to Know?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moondoggy23

Salutations! Welcome to the next edition of "Get to Know a Gamer!" Last week's voting had the highest amount of votes, yet, hopefully you guys will keep participating and choosing who you want to get to know. Squeebz was the winner of last week's poll. Squeebz is one of the female members of Team9000, and is also an awesome ranked member on Minecraft Classic. Without further interruption, here is the parrot-loving, emasculating Wonder Woman, Squeebz:

1.Where did you get the idea for the name Squeebz? Anyone that knows me knows I am truly a sucker for animals. Sometimes valuing their life over my own (I’ve risked my life for some stupid animals, like running into traffic to save a turtle/snake/squirrel/etc.) Godlib was the one to notice a certain quirk I have that whenever I see something that I absolutely adore (this could range from animals to inanimate objects) I tend to let out a…..Squee of affection.
How could you not when there are things like THIS *Points down*

asqueeb.jpg

All over the internet.

The Urban Dictionary defines a Squeebz as a couple of things, and a baby Squid is one of them.

2. Rumor has it that you're married to Godliberator. How big is his controller, and how often does he use it to play games?

best_video_game_controller_ever.jpg

This is the only controller that matters.
This controller controls all of the things that Godlib loves and holds dear.
The thing that makes this controller different from the others, it has mind control powers that will make Godlib do all of his chores that he is supposed to before he can play any games. It controls the very fabric of Godlib’s time on this earth, without it he will perish.

Squeebz.jpg

3. From what I've gathered, you own a parrot? Really? Does it poop on your shoulder? Why yes, I do. His name is Pedro, he is a Blue and Gold Macaw and I’ve had him since he was a couple of months old so I got the enjoyable task of syringe feeding him every four hours. So you can imagine that I have been vomited and crapped on, it’s not so bad, at least he’s not a buzzard.

This bird isn’t really a bird he’s got such a personality that if a shrink were to listen to a recording of him he could confidently diagnose him with multiple personality disorder/Schizophrenia/ and insanity.

He will hang upside down and scream until he gets all of the dogs howling and then turn around and yell at the dogs to shut up and go outside. He clucks like a chicken, crows like a rooster, and does perfect imitations of human bodily functions. He also makes some noises that would make you think his head is about to rotate all the way around. This is the bird that broke my little finger after I went away for the weekend and then started kissing me and saying “Awwww, don’t cry.” I wouldn’t trade him for the world. Enjoy this video.

When I said, “I don’t want your food.” What he was trying to do was regurgitate his food in an attempt to feed me. It’s an odd thing to most people but in Macaw this is a very special thing that they do to the ones they are the closest with, sharing food is the ultimate display of trust and affection. He shares too much sometimes.

4. How did you find T9K? What do you enjoy most about it? Well, I was in my WoW phase (I say phase because I’ve escaped its death grip) and I was so tunnel vision-ed/cracked out on sugary sweets for those late night raids to acquire gear that I didn’t even see Godlib start to play Minecraft. He attempted to pry me from the depths of hell by explaining the game to me and I saw potential. I waited a few months to see if he’d actually go anywhere with it and I saw him start to get into a routine with playing and using the Forums to which he would tell me stories about stuff that happened which made me curious and want to become a part of all this fun he was having, and it turned out to be the best decision I have made in a while.

I enjoy everything about this community, the atmosphere is so intoxicating. The diversity is what I think makes it great, nothing and nobody is really the same and yet we all mesh together.

5. Aside from cleaning the house and making dinner, what other things do you enjoy doing? Well what I call my “Bitch Work” takes up a lot of my time, being domesticated isn’t as easy as it looks. (Godlib never takes his socks off in the same place so I have to fight the couch monster to get one back and call out a search party to find the other). I love to cook so the whole (Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich line doesn’t really work on me because in the end, you’ll get a sandwich and you’ll fucking like it.)

I love to draw

000_2605.jpg

(This was like 5 years ago)

I love to practice Photography

IMG_4532.jpg

(Have you ever seen a Pelican do that?!)

basridb_1.jpg

(Took this with a regular Point and shoot from the 25th floor at a Resort in Daytona Beach, FL)

And I love to “Stumble” which is how I find some of the stuff I post on the forums here.
www.stumbleupon.com

6. What's the best game you've ever played and why? I absolutely love Lion Head Studio’s Black and White 1&2, it pretty much started my obsession with playing god/giant lion that eliminated armies and then played with a giant teddy bear in his pen. This eventually led me to the Sims, I love being creative and games that utilize that will always have a place in my heart.

7. What sort of music do you like to listen to? I do have a variety that I listen to; it’s just not centered on a specific genre. I’ll start out by saying that I am a die-hard Breaking Benjamin fan and have followed them since they started doing cover songs in Bars around 2004-ish. Really any song that will give me goose bumps is good music to me.

8. Do you enjoy cartoons? If so, what's your favorite? I don’t really watch much TV, so I will give you the next best thing, I enjoy reading the blog/drawings of Allie Brosh called Hyperbole and a Half.
www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

I enjoy reading, lately it’s been The Walking Dead Comics (in fact those who have been around when I joined might remember my previous Avatar was an illustration from one of the comics)

9. Where are you from? And what do you enjoy most about it (the place you're from)? I currently reside in Jacksonville, Florida. I hate Florida for its weather. But Jacksonville has etched a place in my heart. We live less than 10 minutes from the Zoo. (I have a fear of an animal escaping and eating me as I walk to my car at night) Downtown has a plethora of Museums for Art/Science and the first Wednesday of every month they host an event called Art walk where all of the local artists come out and display their works and sell things and they open the museums to the public for free, it’s great to walk around and listen to the music and enjoy downtown without getting robbed in a back alley.

jax-downtown.jpg

10. What do you suppose was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread? The Camera; It is the eyes for people who couldn’t be there, a memory/dream capturer. You can’t get any better than that!

11. What is the worst movie you've ever seen? The Tracey Fragments with Ellen Page…..I can’t even explain it….MST3k couldn’t even make this funny. I have no clue how I even stayed awake through it.

12. Finish the sentence: Do, or do not, there is no______

Do, or do not, there is no try. XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. Hopefully everyone learned a little bit more about Squeebz. If there is anyone you'd like to see in the poll in the future (including yourself) please feel free to let me know, I'm always welcome to suggestions for players, including any I may not have noticed myself. If you were in the poll and were not chosen, fret not! There will be future polls, and so you will have another opportunity to be in the spotlight.

Anyways,
I love animals too Squeebz.

But if my dad see's a deer passing a road he'd go straight for it.:fuuu:
My dad's a animal killer :mad: -ragequit-
Nice GTKAG again! Can't wait for the next one!

I love your photography Squeebz! Epic sunset... :nyan:

Was the pelican on the bottom doing an epic sideways forever-alone stance? :D

Im kinda dissapointed that Moondoggy didnt ask this so I will do it. Squeebz, how did you and Godlib meet each other? was it love at first sight? slow paced? odd encounter? Thats a story I'd really like to hear.

Well I could lie and make up this fantasmic story about how we "Met", or I could give you the real story....Which may not be all that interesting....>.> Choose. XD

Well I could lie and make up this fantasmic story about how we "Met", or I could give you the real story....Which may not be all that interesting....>.> Choose. XD

The one with rainbows and unicorns and Libby in the golden sunshine with nothing but a silver thong riding a stallion... ... totally not gay :doy::nyan:

The one with rainbows and unicorns and Libby in the golden sunshine with nothing but a silver thong riding a stallion... ... totally not gay :doy::nyan:
Preposterous, I would never wear a silver thong.....it's black with a bedazzled rose....you have been fed false information.

That was an awesome read :)
Love your bird and MST3K is awesome, we don't get much American Tv down under but I found it through JTV, someone is casting 24/7 and I love it -> http://www.justin.tv/mst3k2 :D

MST3k hands down one of my favorite shows to ever exist and when it cancled they continued with Riff trax you can find the works and the samples here ---> http://www.rifftrax.com/ basically its mp3's that you sync with a particular movie you are watching and the hilarity ensues. The ones to go with the twilight movies had me laughing hysterically.

Wanna pit my chicken and your parrot into a fight with each other?
DSC_0169.jpg

Or my guinea pig.
DSC_0139.jpg

Back