Get to Know a Gamer: Tofurkey

Who do you Want to "Get to Know?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moondoggy23

Welcome to another edition of "Get to Know a Gamer!" Last week we got to know a little bit more about ConroD. You all chose to learn a little bit more about Tofurkey this week. Remember to vote on who you would like to get to know for next week. Without further ado, here is a little more insight into the teddy-bear voiced Tofurkey:

1. You're one of the oldest known members of T9K How long have you been with T9K and what brought you to the community? Furthermore, what keeps you here? I found Team9000 shortly after someone mentioned looking to jtv for some watchable content. Previous online etiquette helped me to avoid a lot of newbie mistakes and helped me become familiar with the group. What kept me here? One: I'm basically a game junkie. I've loved gaming for as long as i can remember. The sense of community and camaraderie were major factors influencing where I could hang around and put in my two cents every so often when i had questions/opinions on games and entertainment.

2. What gave you the inspiration for the username Tofurkey? Would you believe it was as simple as looking at a box in a hipster grocery store and liking it THAT much? I just added an 'e' as that spelling felt more comfortable to me http://t9k.me/G2

Tofurkey name.jpg

3. If you could only play one game for the rest of your life (real or not), what would it be and why? As much as I like the question, and pose it to others every once in a while, I've found that a single flavor of anything proves to be a setup for boredom, failure and disuse -- can i choose a supercomputer? from there, I suppose I'd never have to upgrade my hardware ever again in the foreseeable future, but realistically and honestly i don't have a definitive answer for those particular reasons (also why i don't have tattoos).

IBM-watson-Jeopardy.jpg

4. What are your top 5 favorite movies? An impromptu list of movies off the top of my head that i would likely leave in a video player and leave on repeat would very probably consist of the following: 1. The Princess Bride (R.I.P. Andre the Giant) 2. The 5th Element 3. Serenity 4. Hulk vs. (Wolverine/Thor) 5. Army of Darkness -- (if i were to go by series, they'd likely include Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens, Indiana Jones, LOTR, Terminator, Conan the Barbarian ... and a lot more. Very heavy in the sci-fi/fantasy genres).

5. Let's say you play a game where you are given the ability to craft your own weapon to your liking and you can name it. What would the weapon be, and what would you name it? The one game object I'm looking for is a Minecraft laser. Primarily I'd use it for mining and just completely kerplode a fixed linear zone ahead of me, but would probably use it to insta-kill mobs. Ya hear me Wooty? (Haha, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I'm okay either way)

Tofurkey laser.jpg

6. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear/read "delicious"? Wait, in a food-related way, or a giggity way? Yeah, go with that (that's why i wear the devil suit).

7. Where in America are you from? What do you enjoy most about that area? Wow. i've lived an almost equal amount of time between the South (GA, AL), the Pacific Southwest (CA, NV), and the Pacific itself (HI, Phils.), all of these places have their own unique environments from which a person can potentially glean a great amount of knowledge and experience. My recommendation would be to get out there and see the world for yourself. You'll find that people are people no matter where you go, it's all a matter of having the patience to communicate effectively with one another that we can all share life experiences.

8. What is the worst game you have ever played and why? Believe it or not, I was gifted a fabled copy of E.T. for the Atari 2600 when it first came out. It was so ridiculously unplayable/understandable/wtf-able, that i just roamed around, died a lot, died a lot more, sat there puzzled and grumbling while avoiding impending death and so on. Eventually, i just shelved it and never played it again (well, that's what i recall of the game).

ET.gif

9. If you could choose between invisibility and the ability to morph yourself into anyone around you (like Mystique), which would you choose and why? That's an easy choice. I would choose the shape-changing ability. For example, if you'd lost an arm, you could potentially grow yourself a new one. Probably far fetched, but i kinda like the potential for that kind of thing. Also, if a person were invisible, imagine how long they'd survive if they had to cross the street -- I'd bet not very long. Food for thought right there.

10. If you could meet any one person that ever existed, who would it be and why? Amongst anyone who's previously lived, I suppose I would like to pick the brains of someone like George Washington. Of the less-mentioned things Washington did were owning and operating a plantation and distillery -- both of which took considerable skill, knowledge and multitasking abilities. I'm sure a person of his era could very probably offer similar life lessons. Aside from that, it'd be a bonus to meet the proclaimed"Father of our Country." (I'm blaming Bugdave if I'm getting my history wrong)

george-washington-picture.jpg

11. What is your earliest gaming memory? My earliest gaming memory was kind of a combination day. The apartment complex i was living in at the time had a couple arcade games and an Atari 2600 in the rec room. My most vivid recollection of that day, was that a: i had discovered I was (and still am) terrible at Pac-Man, and that Space Invaders (yes, the Atari version primarily, but really that AND the arcade version) made me a little ''Tweak-y" playing them.

Anyways, I hope that answered your questions reasonably well. If anyone has any other questions, i'm fairly open about most things.
Ok, have fun out there -- probably even join you in a game sometime *waves*

~Tofu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember if you have any questions you would like asked for the next gamer, feel free to post them. Also, if you would like for others to get to know you, or if there is someone you want to get to know, post their names and I'll be sure to add them to future polls.

Moon, this is, and always will be, a brilliant idea. I loved this interview with Tofu, fantastic bit of insight into the person behind the voice.

Moondoggys has done it again. I enjoy reading this and learning more from the other players, I'll look forward to the next edition. :mays:

i'm thinking every1 on the ticket stays on 'till they get voted,so whomever gets voted for gets replaced with another name -- just a thought. also love the reactions to the brief interview there. hope to see many more of us here at Team9000 participating in this kind of thing.

later, all *waves*

i'm thinking every1 on the ticket stays on 'till they get voted,so whomever gets voted for gets replaced with another name -- just a thought. also love the reactions to the brief interview there. hope to see many more of us here at Team9000 participating in this kind of thing.

later, all *waves*

Basically, yes. Names on the polls will be recycled at a later date. I think future polls will be a bit more competitive in terms of the names on the poll. This one does seem a bit one-sided. So, those of you who don't get chosen this week, don't worry, it's not your only chance to be in the spotlight.

Awesome ConroD and 'Furkeh! Though, I think it's unfair to put Casham in with them. I think it should've been Casham, ConroD, Woot, and Ozy on the first ballot, and then Put Rsmv, Gurw, Magic, and Scooterboo/someone else on a different one :p

Back