• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

HELP HELP HELP...Cannot connect to ANY classic servers.

SilentPower

In the last few days, I have been completely incapable of connecting to ANY minecraft classic server. It wont connect from minecraft.net (tried multiple browsers), WOM (tried Direct Connect too). I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, redownloading, resetting, unplugging, restarting, reconfiguring EVERYTHING. I have made sure my Java is completely up to date. I've added exceptions in my windows firewall, antivirus, and router. Nothing. Tried fully opening all three of those. Nothing. It is always the same error, "Failed to Connect You failed to connect to the server. It's probably down." Yet the server has players on and is clearly up.

But here is the weird thing.

I have multiple computers in my house. I was able to log into a classic server ONCE from each of these, and only once. Immediately after disconnecting, I got the same error as always when I tried to connect again.

Also:

I can connect and play on SMP servers...just not any classic server.

Error 404: Minecraft Not Found. Please Try Again Later.

Seriously though, try connecting a bit later. Minecraft has its mysterious ways....

Your problem is beyond the scope of my limited technical skills. I am sorry.

However, I can theorize that your problem is probably stemming from an issue with your local network, since you were able to connect once from each computer. I would suggest checking your list of internal IPs for irregularities, duplicates, or fewer/greater numbers than you would expect to be connected to your network, as a start. What you would do with that information, I have no idea; but it might help.

Read the OP again, oh great Taco.
Ah. Nevermind then.

In the last few days, I have been completely incapable of connecting to ANY minecraft classic server. It wont connect from minecraft.net (tried multiple browsers), WOM (tried Direct Connect too). I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, redownloading, resetting, unplugging, restarting, reconfiguring EVERYTHING. I have made sure my Java is completely up to date. I've added exceptions in my windows firewall, antivirus, and router. Nothing. Tried fully opening all three of those. Nothing. It is always the same error, "Failed to Connect You failed to connect to the server. It's probably down." Yet the server has players on and is clearly up.

But here is the weird thing.

I have multiple computers in my house. I was able to log into a classic server ONCE from each of these, and only once. Immediately after disconnecting, I got the same error as always when I tried to connect again.

Also:

I can connect and play on SMP servers...just not any classic server.
You sure Minecraft.net isn't blocked by your ISP somewhere, or on a router?

Five bucks says your parents blocked Minecraft on the router.
lol, i get blocked...but when i do i get this funky thing...

block1-png.79519

Back