• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Old T9K World Download?

You're kidding. :eek:
(I really hope you are)
For the online map to work properly....you need to have the world loaded on a Bukkit server with Dynmap. It's fairly easy to set up on your own machine as a localhost server, you don't even have to open any ports.

EDIT: Unless, of course, you're referring to this map, in which case I am kidding.

For the online map to work properly....you need to have the world loaded on a Bukkit server with Dynmap. It's fairly easy to set up on your own machine as a localhost server, you don't even have to open any ports.

EDIT: Unless, of course, you're referring to this map, in which case I am kidding.

Wow. That map for the Sanctum world was gigantic. Why can't we have a bigger world with modified terrain generation to limit the amount of ocean generated? I think that's one of the reasons why those maps were so much more fun than the current ones; there was more land to build on in addition to having larger boundaries.

I'm going to go with the fact that our world is tiny so that we don't have to have a wipe when terrain generation updates....the map just gets expanded.

I'm going to go with the fact that our world is tiny so that we don't have to have a wipe when terrain generation updates....the map just gets expanded.

Of course, maybe even change to large biomes for new terrain?

And make it so fewer biomes generate with each expansion? Why?

That's actually not true. Within a 2k block radius in another server I have ALL the biomes essentially. I'm more interested in increasing the amount of land generated over how much ocean is usually around. I've also noticed some very interesting, unusual terrain with the Large Biomes generator.

Large biomes = fewer biomes in each expansion. Keep in mind the map is only expanding by about 500 blocks each time

Large biomes = fewer biomes in each expansion. Keep in mind the map is only expanding by about 500 blocks each time
Perhaps, but perhaps not. There will still be a diverse amount of biomes to look into and may make it easier to share a biome in a prime location this way. Though, all I really care about in terms of generation is reducing the amount of ocean.

If that's all, I'm in full agreement. But modifying terrain generation is a bitch

Well, changing the terrain code now to large biomes would most definitely (I believe, if indeed the biomes are merely extended and not abruptly changed) to the west would become VERY large masses of land. :D

Well, changing the terrain code now to large biomes would most definitely (I believe, if indeed the biomes are merely extended and not abruptly changed) to the west would become VERY large masses of land. :D
Or an insanely large ocean.

Back