• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion for the Future: Initial Spawn City

V_Five_V

The theme is an inner city subway station. The station would contain the following: initial spawn, tutorial room, general store, MCC station, CE station, Bank (public storage), health sign, disposal sign and portals. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Five

P.S. The Design:

To-scale Model in Classic server on Guest142.
Special Thanks to JerzeyLegend, LlewelynB, zAdVaNtaGe, thaprofessor and everyone else!

Current Design Layout:
Microsoft Excel 2010 File:http://www.mediafire.com/?39ix3flx3qzy6rv
Microsoft Excel 97-03 File:http://www.mediafire.com/?064p38td19eb2h2

Top Cross Section View
TopView.gif

Front Cross Section View
FrontView.gif

Side Cross Section View
SideView.gif

perhaps in the suggestion box forum?

also, i personally like the way we have it now. makes it hard for griefers to actually do anything seriously damaging, even in minetopia.

Anyway, i wholeheartedly agree with this idea. A substation hub, with portals to Minetopia, Oxytown, and Eaglepass. You can have a door out to the outlands for those who want to build, explore, mine, and whatever else goes on out there.

An information board for tutorials, info, advertising, website info, latest news, etc.

a store or trading posts. whoever opens one there i guess is up to the committee who builds it. I would put mine there if it was allowed. Offering tools and such for beginners.

I hope it happens. It could be made as a spawn world, so no worries of wipes.

we basically had that last beta short of the store. ask Wooty or some of the gang for pix of what was there. kthanx

I agree with Gurw!
To many people log on just to grief things. Might as well make their life harder.
As far as any development in the Outlands is concerned...we should have it for us established residents to mine. Their by making their lives easier. I would almost prefer all transportaion be built around the portals, not the spawn.

Just my opinion.

BMW

All worlds except Minetopia are whitelisted, so what additional grief would be caused? Everyone already knows where minetopia is, there is a walkway that takes you there, which basically makes their life easier. Only difference is the amount of time it would take. What about those who don't log on to grief, why make it hard for THEM?

A spawn world would be grand, the info wall would give them info on what to do, rules, and Team9000 information. The portals would allow quick transportation to other worlds, and an option to go to the outlands for mining.

the path will not be there after the wipe, and the original builder will not be rebuilding it.

But someone will rebuild another one.... its only a matter of time.

You have to make the game accessible to everyone, and throwing them straight into the wild the way we do know is ok, but leaves alot of player bewildered.

A spawn world (meaning a place NOT in the outlands) would allow players to get acquainted with our servers, pick up some tools (at the store), and get some info. Give them access to the outlands via a portal, as well as all the other worlds.

Why are you so opposed to the idea? im just curious.

All that is necessary to tell players what's happening is a list of rules (which we already have) and a message saying to read the wiki, with the wiki address. Other than that, it's really their own fault for not knowing what's going on.

EDIT: just looked at that image. just so you know, minecarts don't go through portals.

The image is to scale....those tracks are about six times the size of a normal track...its mostly for looks. The subway cars will also be for looks.

Worst case, we can take out the spawn part; Have people spawn in the outlands; take an epic journey to a portal that leads to this terminal.

I like this idea and I'm all for it. If you're saying that you want to deter griefers by forcing them to walk for 30 minutes before reaching a town I would agree. But we have whitelist towns now. Forcing potential regulars to walk 30 mins to any city at all would be bad for the server's popularity.
Personally, if I were to just join a server that forces me to trek across the whole map to get to a portal and I really want to play in the server, it would be quite a huge turn off for me. With the portal station mentioned above, the people who really want to play have easy and convenient access to worlds they can build in, while at the same time, with the whitelisting in effect, it will prevent grief from happening in any of the cities. With this system, the only worlds that currently are FFA are Outlands and Minetopia so those are the only worlds that need to be patrolled.

Back