• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Bandits

Well I guess if you are a victim kinda person, it should be fine.:confused: Also I think that it will still boil down to everybody mining for their own resources, so why not have a few apposing cities (I think this has been said) and if you see a member of another city in the wild u kill em. If you want to be a bandit just run around other peoples cities, no need for a bandit city etc.

then quit existing if you dont understand its value
Cool story bro.

This could work ok, but it's sorta stupid if there is just the average people who have to go out and mine ores etc if they want to make something, while bandits can just kill for stuff and mercenary's will usually do nothing and get payment easily. It's sorta like, who wants to be the people that are preyed on by everybody else (nobody does).

No one said that they couldn't kill people to get stuff as well.

Well I guess if you are a victim kinda person, it should be fine.:confused: Also I think that it will still boil down to everybody mining for their own resources, so why not have a few apposing cities (I think this has been said) and if you see a member of another city in the wild u kill em. If you want to be a bandit just run around other peoples cities, no need for a bandit city etc.
Not all of us are paranoid loners :p

bandit city?
even though i think bandits wont make the game better, i'd prefer a bandit guild (hidden in city) then a bandit city
bandits should hide>attack>hide etc...

Personally if I go out and mine for a good while and go to return to the city to build, and a group of people come up to me saying "Give me all your stuff we're official bandits!" How am I to beleive them? I'll just screen capture them and report them as griefers if they kill me when I refuse to give them anything. There's so much room for people to abuse a title of "legalized greifer", and what if it get's to the point were people don't even want to play on the server cause they figure they're just going to get robbed after some hard work?

Personally if I go out and mine for a good while and go to return to the city to build, and a group of people come up to me saying "Give me all your stuff we're official bandits!" How am I to beleive them? I'll just screen capture them and report them as griefers if they kill me when I refuse to give them anything. There's so much room for people to abuse a title of "legalized greifer", and what if it get's to the point were people don't even want to play on the server cause they figure they're just going to get robbed after some hard work?
No one ever said it would work like that. PvP shouldn't == griefing.

i just read somewhere that people would have designated plots of land where their chests would be safe from these sneaky bandits. so then the problem becomes getting those mined minerals safely to your chest

i just read somewhere that people would have designated plots of land where their chests would be safe from these sneaky bandits. so then the problem becomes getting those mined minerals safely to your chest
TBH I think someone wouldn't take the effort to randomly kill you if you are wearing some sort of armor and they don't know for sure that you just made out with fat loots. I mean at least I wouldn't, I'd need to know my risk of losing my weapon and armor is a good risk to make for actual loot, and not just the 52392 cobblestone you just mined for your castle.

TBH I think someone wouldn't take the effort to randomly kill you if you are wearing some sort of armor and they don't know for sure that you just made out with fat loots. I mean at least I wouldn't, I'd need to know my risk of losing my weapon and armor is a good risk to make for actual loot, and not just the 52392 cobblestone you just mined for your castle.
then it would just be a dick move instead of a business decision

Everyone makes a dick move once in a while. And sometimes their business decisions end up being a dick move in the eyes of others.
but if you make a business decision to rob somebody and they only have 52392 cobblestones, then it's a dick move x2

But is it a dick move on the person carrying around that much cobble stone? Or my fault? I mean really it's pretty dickish if that's all their carrying, seriously cut a bandit some slack.

Back