• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

CALLING ALL COOL+!!!!!! READ FOR BIG PROJECT!!!!!

You shouldn't have an avatar that looks that cute.
Some people might try to rape you.

EDIT:
Alright, here are the dimensions
Total length of Bridge including approaches from abutment to abutment: 1.7 miles = 8,981 ft = 2,737 m

Total length of Bridge including approaches from abutment to abutment, plus the distance to the Toll Plaza: 9,150 ft = 2,788 m

Length of suspension span including main span and side spans: 1.2 miles = 6,450 ft = 1,966 m

Length of main span portion of suspended structure (distance between towers): 4,200 ft = 1,280 m

Length of one side span: 1,125 ft = 343 m

Width of Bridge: 90 ft = 27 m

Width of roadway between curbs: 62 ft = 19 m

Width of sidewalk: 10 ft = 3 m

Clearance above mean higher high water: 220 ft = 67 m

How much do you want to shrink these. I'm thinking x/3 if x = each value in meters.
This may actually need its own map.

It also has 6 lanes...
Source

1211px-Golden-Gate-Bridge.svg.png

I'm in, but you realize now that with this many people, this had better be epic....

Which it will!!! 'Cuz I'm helping too :p

EDIT:
Total length of Bridge including approaches from abutment to abutment: 1.7 miles = 8,981 ft = 2,737 m

Total length of Bridge including approaches from abutment to abutment, plus the distance to the Toll Plaza: 9,150 ft = 2,788 m

etc.

lol, off topic but I read that as Troll Plaza XD

EDIT:

Length of suspension span including main span and side spans: 1.2 miles = 6,450 ft = 1,966 m

Length of main span portion of suspended structure (distance between towers): 4,200 ft = 1,280 m

Length of one side span: 1,125 ft = 343 m

Width of Bridge: 90 ft = 27 m

Width of roadway between curbs: 62 ft = 19 m

Width of sidewalk: 10 ft = 3 m

Clearance above mean higher high water: 220 ft = 67 m

How much do you want to shrink these. I'm thinking x/3 if x = each value in meters.
This may actually need its own map.

It also has 6 lanes...
Source

1211px-Golden-Gate-Bridge.svg.png

I think if you just use /measure from one side of a cool world, to the other, you can find the length and width of the map (It's a square) and then you find out how much we should divide it by. Then, after dividing it, just round it to ones place.

We have to be careful, though about dividing and rounding, because we don't want to end up with something too large.

EDIT: I almost forgot, we have to think about height, so that's one more thing to think of. Don't want the bridge to be cut off at the top

What about the other people who aren't in this? Is this map only going to be for the golden gate? Or can other people build around?

I think we're gonna have to have a special area dedicated only to this, or maybe have a map where we only build World Wonders, and call it "Wonders" (but that's for another time, gotta think about the bridge right now).

Hmm, sounds good. Suppose i'm in :).

Ah btw, cool island is 512 x 512 x 128 i believe.

ok thnx ConRod, I believe 128 is from the top of the sky to the bottom of bedrock right? Then that means, if we want to to make the bridge go from sea level to sky, that'll be around 64 blocks, give or take. But we could make a well, downwards.

Of course, the easiest way to solve this problem would be just to have a specially modded map, complete with san francisco peninsula, marin country, and part of the pacific

About the math:

The real bridge is about 1970 x 27 x 230 m (lwh)

If we made it smaller three times it would be about 657 x 9 x 77 (rounding the decimals)

We still have room to make it 2 times smaller, but we'd have to dig a well about 50 blocks deep to have space for height : 985 x 14 x 115 (rounding the width)

Again, the easiest thing would be to have a modded map.

i already built one in cool 9! sorry to be that guy lol but its what got me from cool to builder
incase u wanted to go see it, it is in right hand corner after u spawn in. Near the big starwars walker

Back