Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Toonami

That is all.
(Ok, maybe more later)

EDIT:
So ya... Toonami

That awesome programming block that aired between '97 and '08 as hosted by a compendium of TOMs. It featured a number of teen-oriented anime. DBZ, Rouroni Kenshin, Yu yu Hakusho, and Gundam were my favorites. I don't remember if the new episodes for Teen Titans aired during Toonami.
tom.jpg

...then came Migoozi (what ever it was called). It's shows were too kiddish to my taste compared to Toonami, although I do admit that Code Lyoko was pretty interesting.

This thread is to discuss, post, or simply slap someone in the face with nostalgia from Cartoon Network (the CN that had the good shows, not today's shows).​

Ill start us off...
Hmmm... I was planning to make this thread in the past, Mcfar had a similar one to it also... Oh well... posted a lot of links over at McFar's thread called "90s Kids"

Also, more recent ones like are pretty good.

Chowder was one of my last favorites. One of the last few that I was able to experience back when I was in Middle school before that channel started showing this shit

And who can forget...

Hmmm... I was planning to make this thread in the past, Mcfar had a similar one to it also... Oh well... posted a lot of links over at McFar's thread called "90s Kids"

Also, more recent ones like are pretty good.

Chowder was one of my last favorites. One of the last few that I was able to experience back when I was in Middle school before that channel started showing this shit

And who can forget...

I can honestly agree with you on the chowder one.

Johnny Bravo, anyone?

Johnny_Bravo_312.gif

Granted, I think I was in high school at the time when this came out. Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls were launched about the same time, as well. If I remember correctly, they all got their start on a cartoon vareity show on Cartoon Network called That What a Cartoon! Show. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy may have even started there, as well as Courage The Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd and Eddy.

When I was younger, I remember when CN first launched in my area and it was nothing but Looney Tunes cartoons and old Hanna-Barbera cartoons and random shows like Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Chowder was awesome. My dad saw this episode:
and now whenever ANYONE says anything remotely amusing he goes "Comedy gooooold". It's really annoying@_o

Also, I happen to know Mariolink42 loves Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, so be prepared for me to yell CALLED IT if (when) he posts about it.

Maybe I'm too old for this thread. Aren't some of these shows you guys are talking about 2-3yrs old, at most?

/grabs walker and leaves thread
Chowder was one of the last good ones, although to be honest the previous ones you mentioned were even better. Too bad when they aired some of us were kids, and weren't fully able to get the humor of some of those shows, but now when I look back at those episodes I can catch more than I did in the past and have a better appreciation for them.

To be able to watch these as they aired during High School... wow, there's nothing good left on Cartoon Network anymore... so lucky.

Chowder was one of the last good ones, although to be honest the previous ones you mentioned were even better. Too bad when they aired some of us were kids, and weren't fully able to get the humor of some of those shows, but now when I look back at those episodes I can catch more than I did in the past and have a better appreciation for them.

To be able to watch these as they aired during High School... wow, there's nothing good left on Cartoon Network anymore... so lucky.
My mother fucking childhood in a nutshell.

Back