• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cities of the Server: New Creeper City

Which city would you like me to visit next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheXraptor

Allow me to introduce you to a new series I am starting called "Cities of the Server". In this series, I will travel the world visiting major cities, cities who want me to do a thread on them, and cities that are flat out awesome.

For the first episode, I find it very fitting to feature the first major city on the server. New Creeper City.

I first visited this city the day of the beta wipe, when it was the richest, most populated city on the server. Things have changed a lot, some for the better, some for the worse.

The city has a pretty impressive skyline, with multiple massive skyscrapers blocking out the sun, making the city look prestigious. If you noticed the coordinates, the city literally borders the spawn region, which is convenient for a PvP happy player, but unfortunately, also very convenient for griefers. Like the spawn region from the original beta world, there is grief to be found in most parts of the city. The city is also pretty unorganized, and very random. I found many builds to not even be connected to a road, the town hall was basically connected to the memorial tower, and the town didn't seem to be planned, with most parts of town being placed randomly. Another thing I noticed in town is that it was a ghost town. I walked through every part of town I could access, and there was nobody. Only after I started to review the town did somebody show up, but he had no intention to show me around.

Attractions: There are multiple attractions to this town. There is a spleef arena (to my knowledge the only functioning spleef arena on the server), the memorial tower provides a pretty nice view of the town (too bad the render distance is a big bag of shit), and many skyscrapers that are fun to explore around.

Here are the pros and cons of the city:

PROS: Located very close to the spawn (this is a good thing and a bad thing), decent sized, and it has a SPLEEF ARENA!

CONS: Located very close to the spawn, the city has a bit of a griefer problem, it is built randomly and a lot of the town is poorly built, the town is pretty inactive, and the housing in some parts of town are very small, while the houses in another part of town are way too large.

Original beta city equivalent: A mix between Oxytown and the spawn.

Verdict for the city: I would not recommend you live in this city at the moment, as the bad in this town outweighs the good. I would however, recommend you visit this city yourself, due to the location of the town being easy to access, and the city is pretty fun to explore (but I warn you, some parts of town are so bad you will basically laugh at it).

2qdwx6r.png

Skyline and front gate

2cg1l3r.png

Welcome to New Creeper City (notice I am still in the spawn at the front gate)

1z2j6f7.png

New Creeper City Hotel

xf90zl.png

A skyscraper (don't remember exactly what it is)

6zm2hf.png

A nice view from the Memorial Tower

30uy1cn.png

Town hall

14tni2q.png

A neighborhood in the city

u8q2u.png

Another neighborhood in the city

2rh7nuh.png

Entrance to the spleef arena

Would you guys like to see more threads like this? I would love to visit more cities, so please, leave feedback!

UPDATE 1: I think that there should be a "Cities of the Server" episode every 9-10 days. That way I can count the results of the poll, get to the selected city, learn about the city, and explore the city. All while not flooding the forums with episodes, not dominating my time on the server, and not making these kind of threads too rare.

UPDATE 2: After this episode, I will try and interview the mayor of the towns I feature.

NOTICE: I only put 4 options available to vote for per week, to keep things easy. PLEASE STOP ASKING WHY YOUR CITY IS NOT IN THE POLLS. Thank you.

Lol, I like the sign in the second picture:
"You are ow entering: NEW CREEPER CITY"
Stupid snowflake, it ruined the picture!
Also, what is your texture pack, I have a feeling I know what it is...

I got invited into the city a few days before it turned into a total ghost town, the city has quite a distinct Flavor that not many are able to grasp, and yes, it may be quite unorganized, but that is the magic that makes the city unique and a good place to visit, due to its inorganization, you can see the true inner builds of its inhabitants and how they make this city a place they can call home. When it is night and you walk around those dark, snowy alleys, it may give you a light reminder of Christmas, well, atleast that happens to me, and if you ever felt like rooftop racing, this is the perfect plce to try Minecraft Parkour. n_n Im not from that town anymore due to griefers that griefed my outer cave, which it is true, griefers are rampant in that area but other than that, the place is a great town, and if people still had the courage to live there, i think the city would've had gone to a different direction than to the one it is currently going through, and frankly, I think the mayor shouldve tried to be online more often or give mayor rights to an trustworthy, active citizen from that city to take control and fix the city's major flaws like the lack of a eastern wall or properly made sidewalks that wont confuse the visitors or the townspeople, sadly i think the town has officially died, unless the mayor actually tried to do something about it and atleast changed the mayor's rights to someone else who would see a good, proper use for the town that will remodel, repair, protect and attract new people into living or visiting this great town of NCC, well thats my opinion and most of you will most likely say sh** about my opinion but idc, to me my opinion counts more.

:D

I used to live in NCC, but for those exact reason... I moved out. Afterwords, I moved to WoodKeep, which is very close to NCC. I am looking forward to see how you are going to evaluate WoodKeep! ^u^

If you do decide to visit us in Eden, I advise to wait. We are nearly done with the major building projects.

If you do decide to visit us in Eden, I advise to wait. We are nearly done with the major building projects.

If Eden wins as the city I should visit next, and you guys are not finished with your major building projects, I will visit the second place winner and Eden will be episode 3.

What about Sanctum? Of course, you'll need approval of the founders...

Sanctum was originally in the polls, but I removed it simply because:

A. There are still epic builds under construction in the city, so the city should be visited later

B. It is extremely far away from my current location, so the idea is I am going to work my way there

Sanctum is DEFINITELY a city I want to visit though, and I do hope I get permission from the founders.

If you are working your way across the map... visit WoodKeep! It is literally a 30 second walk from NCC and it is also one of the bigger cities of the T9K Beta server!!!

If you are working your way across the map... visit WoodKeep! It is literally a 30 second walk from NCC and it is also one of the bigger cities of the T9K Beta server!!!

Alright Krinzler! I will be sure to do an episode on Woodkeep. Since I have gotten a clear invitation, Woodkeep will be episode 3 (unless Eden wins this poll, in which case, Woodkeep will be episode 4)

I used to live in NCC, but for those exact reason... I moved out. Afterwords, I moved to WoodKeep, which is very close to NCC. I am looking forward to see how you are going to evaluate WoodKeep! ^u^
woodkeep ftw, the gate is prob one of the best things in the city, good building and the only way in and out, so if theres a war ppl cant get in

Alright Krinzler! I will be sure to do an episode on Woodkeep. Since I have gotten a clear invitation, Woodkeep will be episode 3 (unless Eden wins this poll, in which case, Woodkeep will be episode 4)
I will tell everybody you are coming! BTW, you may not want to come so soon... I just realized, because WoodKeep is still working on some unfinished projects... You can check it out though! Stop on by whenever you like ^u^ (but watch out for ihackhahalol or zachshadey sometimes) In the meantime... Great job and keep up the good work! :D

Oh yes, just a question, will you re-evaluate certain towns? The first time around might not be very polished...I mean we just extended the walls after all! Ex. You evaluate Bio-Dome, but after the evaluation, they build ANOTHER dome! Will you go back to evaluate another time if they so please?

its funny, i used to do a thing called minecraft tours where i would go show builds that i thought were kinda cool, origanal, or creative. i might start doing them again soon

I am slightly offended by the fact that Woodkeep does not show up in the poll. Woodkeep has a fully functioning pvp arena, advanced security systems, and almost everything is ran by redstone and pistons, from turrets and gates, to automatic doors and custom cobble generators. We are currently planning a spleef arena and we have a nice rail station for trade. We hope you will tour us soon.

Back