• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cities of the Server: Phoenix Peak

TheXraptor

Hello everybody and welcome to episode 2 of "Cities of the Server" and this week I'm going to be wandering around my home town like a brainless fool ;)

Introducing: Phoenix Peak

2je73hi.jpg

Risen from the ashes of Eagle Pass, Phoenix Peak is the soul successor to my favorite city of all time. They both have the same feeling, but look totally different. Unlike Eagle Pass' historic Euro theme, Phoenix Peak is set in the future. Unfortunately in the future Rebecca Black is singing about Saturday, and Justin Bieber wears completely bullet proof armor.

I first visited this city when it was nothing but an empty field and a bunch of hills. Why? I'm one of the builders of the city, and one of the three original founders. The city has done nothing but grow into a beautiful metropolis.

This city is very different looking than other cities, why? Almost every building is made from smoothstone, glass, and stone slabs (to fit the futuristic theme). The theme could be better followed than just gray buildings, but it really doesn't matter, because this city is beautiful none the less.

You may notice it's coordinates and think "Wow that is far from the spawn". It is not in the least bit. Believe me, its a very short walk that should not take you more than 5 minutes to complete. There ARE other cities that are ridiculously far from the spawn though.........*cough* *Sanctum *cough*........ but that is another episode. The location is actually a good balance between short walk time and walk distance to deter griefers.

When you look at the skyline you see nothing, this city has no skyscrapers. Moving on...

Phoenix Peak is very well organized, with most houses being aligned and balanced well, along with streets connecting basically everything. The streets all eventually end up at the town square/plaza. This makes accessing your home a lot easier than in New Creeper City where you would have to go through alleyways and through grass fields to reach your own home. The streets are also not your average cobblestone roads going in random directions, these streets are made of glass, stone slabs, and clean stone. This is much more preferable over the street mentioned before. The town was not really "planned" like Eagle Pass was, but Phoenix Peak is still very well put together. One problem that plagues this city at the moment, is plot shortages. If you want to live here, you are going to have to get permission to make your own plot, or wait until a plot opens up.

Phoenix Peak has many citizens and is a fairly active city. You will notice in the screenshots our friend Xizzdot is fixing the streets in front of my house!

Attractions: There are not any at the moment (for the most part). There IS a public swimming pool and an empty field labeled "town park", but those are not exactly going to entertain you in town. I do have plans to make a challenge dungeon though.

Here are the pros and cons of the city:

PROS: Very unique, very well organized, well planned, very well built, almost every house in the city is beautiful and well built (no cobblestone boxes), good walking distance, the city is moderately large (this is bad for some people, so it is also a con).

CONS: Plot shortages, no real attractions in the city, lack of entertainment, city is moderately large (some people like this, so it is also a pro).

Original beta city equivalent: Eagle Pass

Verdict for the city: Phoenix Peak is a great city that is very well organized, built, and planned. The city has beautiful houses and has a great walking distance. It is also active and moderately large. The good outshines the bad in this city, and if you can get a plot, I would recommend you live in this city.

1z1helv.png

Town plaza and town hall

14ctt7a.png

Town hall (currently incomplete)

25gxmp2.png

Train station exterior

2cqz8r9.png

A postage from the hedge: I'M A PHOENIX!

2elcscj.png

Public swimming pool (recently re-opened after an AIDS incident!)

5aqfs2.png

Welcome to town park

24kwl7p.png

DutchCheese just got SHROOMED! (this happens alot in Phoenix Peak)

33nag0m.png

:hax:

Thats it for this week. Stay tuned for important updates and polls

POLL: Should I use the LB Photo Realism texture pack for future episodes?

NOTICE: Eden DID win the poll last week, but the Eden episode is delayed so they can finish their build projects.

Hello everybody and welcome to episode 2 of "Cities of the Server" and this week I'm going to be wandering around my home town like a brainless fool ;)

Introducing: Phoenix Peak

2je73hi.jpg

Risen from the ashes of Eagle Pass, Phoenix Peak is the soul successor to my favorite city of all time. They both have the same feeling, but look totally different. Unlike Eagle Pass' historic Euro theme, Phoenix Peak is set in the future. Unfortunately in the future Rebecca Black is singing about Saturday, and Justin Bieber wears completely bullet proof armor.

I first visited this city when it was nothing but an empty field and a bunch of hills. Why? I'm one of the builders of the city, and one of the three original founders. The city has done nothing but grow into a beautiful metropolis.

This city is very different looking than other cities, why? Almost every building is made from smoothstone, glass, and stone slabs (to fit the futuristic theme). The theme could be better followed than just gray buildings, but it really doesn't matter, because this city is beautiful none the less.

You may notice it's coordinates and think "Wow that is far from the spawn". It is not in the least bit. Believe me, its a very short walk that should not take you more than 5 minutes to complete. There ARE other cities that are ridiculously far from the spawn though.........*cough* *Sanctum *cough*........ but that is another episode. The location is actually a good balance between short walk time and walk distance to deter griefers.

When you look at the skyline you see nothing, this city has no skyscrapers. Moving on...

Phoenix Peak is very well organized, with most houses being aligned and balanced well, along with streets connecting basically everything. The streets all eventually end up at the town square/plaza. This makes accessing your home a lot easier than in New Creeper City where you would have to go through alleyways and through grass fields to reach your own home. The streets are also not your average cobblestone roads going in random directions, these streets are made of glass, stone slabs, and clean stone. This is much more preferable over the street mentioned before. The town was not really "planned" like Eagle Pass was, but Phoenix Peak is still very well put together. One problem that plagues this city at the moment, is plot shortages. If you want to live here, you are going to have to get permission to make your own plot, or wait until a plot opens up.

Phoenix Peak has many citizens and is a fairly active city. You will notice in the screenshots our friend Xizzdot is fixing the streets in front of my house!

Attractions: There are not any at the moment (for the most part). There IS a public swimming pool and an empty field labeled "town park", but those are not exactly going to entertain you in town. I do have plans to make a challenge dungeon though.

Here are the pros and cons of the city:

PROS: Very unique, very well organized, well planned, very well built, almost every house in the city is beautiful and well built (no cobblestone boxes), good walking distance, the city is moderately large (this is bad for some people, so it is also a con).

CONS: Plot shortages, no real attractions in the city, lack of entertainment, city is moderately large (some people like this, so it is also a pro).

Original beta city equivalent: Eagle Pass

Verdict for the city: Phoenix Peak is a great city that is very well organized, built, and planned. The city has beautiful houses and has a great walking distance. It is also active and moderately large. The good outshines the bad in this city, and if you can get a plot, I would recommend you live in this city.

1z1helv.png

Town plaza and town hall

14ctt7a.png

Town hall (currently incomplete)

25gxmp2.png

Train station exterior

2cqz8r9.png

A postage from the hedge: I'M A PHOENIX!

2elcscj.png

Public swimming pool (recently re-opened after an AIDS incident!)

5aqfs2.png

Welcome to town park

24kwl7p.png

DutchCheese just got SHROOMED! (this happens alot in Phoenix Peak)

33nag0m.png

:hax:

Thats it for this week. Stay tuned for important updates and polls

POLL: Should I use the LB Photo Realism texture pack for future episodes?

NOTICE: Eden DID win the poll last week, but the Eden episode is delayed so they can finish their build projects.
Every day I get shroomed >_<

All the buildings look perfectly executed and looks very nice... I normally don't like when people use stone, BUT I like the way you made everything and I hope to visit the town soon enough. Also, everything looks perfectly placed and is a town of WIN. However, I will not be joining the town, though it does look nice, BTW, keep up the great work :D

This sucks, I just realized that half the screenshots that were originally in going to be in the episode never were uploaded and are now lost in the abyss. /killme

Totally not biased or anything...
im not sure you're the one to complain about biased opinions.

Oh and about the town: We're still polishing and finishing the big builds, we recently opened a new shopping district and we're working hard to pave the streets and make them look fancy. We're also planning on implementing a subway system. Another landmark not mentioned here is the nearby Harbor-Island being managed by Xizzdot, which is a nice small district.

UPDATE: Maple City (Echonia) will not be featured on Cities of the Server due to the atrocious behavior of their mayor and other leadership. When things are smoothened out, I will put them in the polls again, but they will not get an automatic visit.

Awesome! Keep up the great work! Also work fat to avoid being cut off by a wipe. Do woodkeep soon!

Awesome! Keep up the great work! Also work fat to avoid being cut off by a wipe. Do woodkeep soon!

1.8 isn't coming any time in the near future. I have plenty of time to do every important city. Also, I was advised by Pyro to wait to review Woodkeep because they are doing a massive expansion.

Also the next city I am visiting is Sandy Beach. I'm going to need the city's coordinates and I am going to need access into the city.

Back