• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cities of the Server: Sandy Beach

TheXraptor

Welcome all, to episode 3 of Cities of the Server. This week I visited Sandy Beach, and I must say, I really like this town. Your probably already thinking though: "Xraptor, it hasn't been even close to a week, why are you doing this episode now?". I just happened to announce the city that would be featured this week, and it turns out, the mayor was on at that moment! So obviously there was no better time to visit his town than then.

In honor of Shark Week, I bring you: Sandy Beach

2mebbdt.jpg

Located on a small quaint island north-east of the spawn, Sandy Beach is a small, beautiful, tropical paradise, home to a select few lucky people. Unlike most cities though, it is completely an island, and you must either take a swim, or take a boat (they have a little bay to park your boat in at the gate that is sealed in by a piston door). Its like Hawaii!

I first went to this town earlier today with low expectations. After walking past several less-than-desirable cities, and me seeing the town had only a few residents, I thought it was going to be a small version of New Creeper City. The mayor and I reached a lake and I was confused, as the town was called "Sandy Beach". When he began swimming across the lake I just went along with things, beginning to expect a desert island with a few shacks on it. When I reached the town's gates however, I was pleasantly surprised.

The first I saw of the city was it's skyline (which consists of it's hotel) and it's front gate (boathouse). I was shown a pretty cool redstone gate that allows you to keep your boat inside the boathouse securely. Then I entered the city. I saw tons of flowers and buildings, with almost every utility you need to survive in Minecraft. The city is just beautiful, and that is just so hard to stretch. It is a beautiful little island, and a tropical paradise.

When you walk around this town, you will see many flowers and cactuses, along with a few houses and shops. The shops are fairly priced, with some nice wares available (such as iron, gold, multiple types of swords, and more). The houses are very small, but very nice, and well built. That is something you will notice though, this town definitely does not cater to people who want a big house with tons of land and a farm. I also only really saw one member of the town roaming around while I was in the city. Probably because it was late at night, so I am not going to say the town is inactive, because it might have just been the time of day.

The town was pretty well organized, with the houses on one side of the island, stores and public services on the other, with the hotel and water tower in the middle.

Attractions: The city itself, seriously, this place is worth touring around because it is down right gorgeous. The town also has a hotel, which will hopefully one day be usable to people who don't live in the town and are only on vacation.

Here are the pros and cons of the city:

PROS: Beautiful, well organized, quaint, nice place to live.

CONS: Does not cater to players who demand large houses with huge plots of land and farms. Not very much land, so it is difficult to get a plot for a house right now.

Original Beta city equivalent: Pleasure Island (sort of, this town is more unique than that)

Verdict for the City: I love this city, it has found a place in my heart. It is beautiful, contains all your needs, is well organized, it is just looks like a great place to live. There is not much bad I can say about this town at all. I would recommend you pay this place a visit, and I would also recommend you live here if you want to, because this place is very nice, and completely grief free at the moment.

IMAGES

doqwj9.png

Aerial view of a lot of the town

10dwjsh.png

Front gate (Boathouse)

2h3omxf.png

Welcome to Sandy Beach

2cxz4gm.png

Exterior view of the hotel (sorry, no interior photos! You will have to visit the town yourself)

34iisty.png

R.I.P

2cws80p.png

A house and the public mine entrance

123sihc.png

Mayor's house

2rpsgow.png

Town notice board

iveu75.png

A part of a neighborhood in the city

28k0dip.png

Town water tower

2ywiyw6.png

Town hall

28722w5.png

View of the hotel and water tower

wsai40.png

This town has so many flowers and cactuses....I love it (I'm not a man anymore am I?)

ibgcg5.png

This mine payed for the entire town!

s3mr7d.png

Visitor board (I'm on it! :D)

That wraps things up for this week, I hope you have enjoyed the episode, peace.

STAY TUNED FOR IMPORTANT UPDATES!

UPDATE 1: There is a hurricane out in the Atlantic ocean that might hit Florida, if this happens, I will not be on for a LONG time (time gone depending on the damage dealt by the storm if it hits)

UPDATE 2: Tropical Storm Emily hit the mountains of Hispaniola and is very weak at this point. Not very worried about it.

UPDATE 3: I am leaving Phoenix Peak to build my own private estate. I would greatly appreciate donations so I can claim land. Right now I have not yet left Phoenix Peak as I have not moved my stuff yet. The mansion is still in heavy planning, as I want this house to be the greatest I have ever built.

Awesome job Xraptor! :) I've passed by SandyBeach a few times and always did think it looked really nice.

I fear Woodkeep will probably be delayed (We finished the church and skydive. im still drawing up the plans for the town hall

Lets just hope Emily stays away! Even if we just get skimmed on the East Coast, us in Jacksonville may experience some power outages. :/

Sandybeach is awesome!!! In the bulliten board u can read that i was banned from the town...but im back :D the mayor is strict and serious but you'll get used to it HAHAha ps.I live there too O_O

UPDATE 1: There is a hurricane out in the Atlantic ocean that might hit Florida, if this happens, I will not be on for a LONG time (time gone depending on the damage dealt by the storm if it hits)[/quote]

I'm more worried about getting robbed. This guy comes to our house in Orlando everyday and looks into the window and walks away.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I do enjoy doing this series, and with this kind of feedback, I will definitely be doing this series in the future (even after the 1.8 wipe). I am wondering what city I should do next. I did get a ton of requests, but I never wrote them down (like a fool), and I don't remember all of the cities that made requests.

First city to request gets featured next week.

Nice. I was free-floating one time, and happened to come across it. And I was like-ooohhh pretty.

There will be a new episode this week, but there are NEVER members of Robur online! I am considering skipping the city.....

Back