• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest News + MCA Live Maps

Wooty

Staff member
Two big points of news today:

1) You may notice there was no contest last week. You may notice there was no contest this week. There may not even be a contest next week. However, we're preparing for the most bestest contest ever, so don't worry :). Check back soon for details!

2) Yes, I've been promising live-updating MineCraft Alpha maps for quite a while now. It's not quite finished yet, but here's what I've got going so far (and yes, it is awesome):

As a time-lapse experiment, can you cache snapshots of the live maps so we can do a chronological evolution movie? I would love to compile this - they could be sized to video resolution at 1920x1080 or something before being placed somewhere so we're not killing storage requirements. I'd like to get 2 minutes worth of footage. Doing the math:

2 minutes x 60 seconds per minute x 24 frames per sec = 2880 frames.

2880 frames x 15 minutes elapsed per frame= 43200 minutes of total elapsed time.

43200 minutes / 60 minutes per hour / 24 hours per day = 30 days of recording.

Seeing the world evolve over 30 days would totally be worth it!!!!!!!

Nice map! Tells you where they live and where they are going. Oh wow I can be a complete stalker now!! Dreams do come true =D

Back