• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Goskidsmark

DutchCheese

Goskidsmark,

There is an unfinished building in los angeloxy (towerbay)
Could you decide wether you remove the locks and give it to someone else
Or start finishing the building within 48 hours

We don't want unfinished buildings in this part of the city ;)
I post this so we wont have another disagreement (like some remember)

Ps: if we dont get an answer in 48 hours, the building will be removed

I believe he's currently busy.
So it would be best to contact him via PM or mumble rather than just destroying his house.

Goskidsmark,

There is an unfinished building in los angeloxy (towerbay)
Could you decide wether you remove the locks and give it to someone else
Or start finishing the building within 48 hours

We don't want unfinished buildings in this part of the city ;)
I post this so we wont have another disagreement (like some remember)

Ps: if we dont get an answer in 48 hours, the building will be removed

That all sounded fine until 'the building will be removed'. Not everyone has every day free to play minecraft, so statements like that will appear alot more pushy/blunt than intended. People with less time that others need equal oportunity to build, and to have their build where they wish. He has as much right to occupy space as anyone else and.. to me.. it isn't your place to tell people where/if they can build.

Just thought i'd get that out there. Some of that will sound more blunt that intended, my bad. :)

Two days seems more than decent to me, but I have no life. Having said that, the half structure has been standing there for a day already; and it is detrimental to the general relaxed but professional feel of Los Angeloxy. I think 72 hours is more fair; but it's not my place to decide. If a Beta admin could comment, that'd be great.

By popular vote, HawkeTech was placed in charge of Tower Bay before the rollback, with (correct if I'm wrong) DutchCheese in charge of building locations. With the number of residents that live in the area and agree with those 'quasi-rules', DC sort of can decide who can build where, in that suburb. It's not final, but it is supported by a large number of players.

#Whambulance. Your current mentality and unaranged player hierarchy isn't very friendly, nor is it welcoming. It is coming across very selfish, the point is for everyone to be able to have fun whilst abiding to the rules, if people can only get on several times a week, they shouldn't be singled out for it.

Seriously? A person can't go on vacation and leave his house safe for two weeks? it's spring break in the majority of America. Also, by deleting someone else's house, you render your home open to retaliation from the other party. On top of that, you might consider the possibility of a megaban from both our beta and classic servers -- the equivalent of griefing. Thanks for considering this.

It's cool that you guys are roleplaying and all, but when it starts impacting other people's enjoyment, that's when you've taken it too far. Skid will finish his house when he has time, and trying to force some arbitrary roleplay rules on someone that hasn't agreed to them is BS.

This is a very cool idea and I am all for the idea of reclaiming unoccupied structures. I think we need to take these first examples of it and start to develop a system of rules to go along with abandoned buildings.

Not everyone has every day free to play minecraft, so statements like that will appear alot more pushy/blunt than intended. People with less time that others need equal oportunity to build, and to have their build where they wish. He has as much right to occupy space as anyone else.

ConroD's point is very valid. Not all people have free time every week to worry about their structures in Minecraft. We need to strive to find a way to differentiate busy people from vanished players.

I think 72 hours is more fair

I think we should consider extending the response time to one business week (five days). This gives ample opportunity for the original builder to respond. We also need to generate a method for notifying the builder of their structures petitioning for reclamation. A standardized system would be nice.

Here is what I am thinking: Signs should be placed on visible surfaces near entrances on the building stating that the building is thought to be abandoned and that the original builder should take action. After that a forums post should be made (In a section yet to be determined) with the following information: A screenshot of the front of the building (or a couple easily identifiable shots) and a screenshot of the approximate building location from the map (http://map.team9000.net). Every attempt should be made to contact that person via Minecraft mail, the Team9000 forums or any other known method of contact. If the original builder fails to respond for 120 hours or okay's the reclamation the person making the claim may absorb the building.

Now please hear me: This system is a work in progress; go slow with it. Maybe start by waiting a week or seeking confirmation from one of the admins or highly respected players until we have a solid method for doing this. The point is not to take peoples property, merely to reclaim what has been left behind.

As far as the GoSkidMark building situation goes, he has been offline for well over a week due to the PAX trip we just took. He literally just got back to Oklahoma yesterday and I am sure Minecraft Survival is the last thing he wants to deal with. He will be back, do not take his building.

It is my understanding that Skid is currently playing catchup from the large amount of time he spent at pax, and is currently busy with work things at the moment.

lots of words
I like this. For me, 3 days is fair, like I said. However, I know I'd be pissed if I came back and everything I'd built was gone. The biggest issue is that we're recovering from the rollback, and we want to speed the recovery along. The point of this particular building being that since he hasn't been on since the rollback, it's unknown if he even knows that his building is reduced to it's unfinished state. We won't delete it, now we know what's going on, but we would appreciate it if he'd come check it out and decide if he still wants it.

My house was complete... I guess the revert went back too far. I just got back from PAX, so I have alot to catch up on. Thank you guys/gals for defending my build space. Do I still want it? No. If anyone needs the space they can have it. I have fun building in the beta server, but role playing is way too far involved for me.

P.S. I'm sure Ozy would rent me out a room if I really needed it. :freshprince:

My house was complete... I guess the revert went back too far. I just got back from PAX, so I have alot to catch up on. Thank you guys/gals for defending my build space. Do I still want it? No. If anyone needs the space they can have it. I have fun building in the beta server, but role playing is way too far involved for me.

P.S. I'm sure Ozy would rent me out a room if I really needed it. :freshprince:

I am a good builder, dedicated player. I have been looking for a space for hours :) ur my angel bro. I will build a specific thing if u want me too.
in game user is:azamy250

I agree with the terms suggested by Ozy. Unfinished builds should be questioned and if noone responds in a week or two, removed or repurposed.

After reading all this, i feel a bit Guilty...
I didn't mean to be blunt.
Thanks for replying goskidsmark

So... I dont know what to do actually :p

And: i tried to say 48 hours to reply, not 48 hours to build it ;)
If your busy and you still want that spot, we won't touch it :)

if you don't know what to build there, dutch, I can think of something. i'll be on in about 14 hours. if you can think of something in the meantime, go ahead.

Back