Ingress Thread

So where I live the resistance pretty much rules. But there happens to be on open portal at a park just down the street from me
That's the exact same situation I'm in here. I capped the uncapped portal for the Enlightened, and there was another one nearby that I capped. But there are also 3 Resistance portals next to those.

So yeah. I did a bit of digging - this seems to be another of Google's "free labour" apps - they're using the data from this to rapidly improve the walking paths and landmark positions of Google Maps.

I'm OK with this.

Also, rumour has it that the IOS version of the game will introduce two new factions (yellow and red), which will also be in opposition of the current Resistance and Enlightened. Possibility of an NPC faction (black) that will help level the playing field in areas with an overly dominant faction, just to keep people interested. (I don't have solid sources for anyone, it's all based on hints dropped by the developers, very sparse and very subtle.)

I'm very much OK with this.

So yeah. I did a bit of digging - this seems to be another of Google's "free labour" apps - they're using the data from this to rapidly improve the walking paths and landmark positions of Google Maps.

I'm OK with this.

Also, rumour has it that the IOS version of the game will introduce two new factions (yellow and red), which will also be in opposition of the current Resistance and Enlightened. Possibility of an NPC faction (black) that will help level the playing field in areas with an overly dominant faction, just to keep people interested. (I don't have solid sources for anyone, it's all based on hints dropped by the developers, very sparse and very subtle.)

I'm very much OK with this.
I have also heard of the new factions. The only issue with an NPC one is that it can take the fun out if it just starts taking over all of the major cities that tend to be always in dominance fray.

I have also heard of the new factions. The only issue with an NPC one is that it can take the fun out if it just starts taking over all of the major cities that tend to be always in dominance fray.
eeh, i could see this going both ways if the factions have to work together on occasion to defeat this "NPC team". *shrug* could be a new event, like the anomalies

eeh, i could see this going both ways if the factions have to work together on occasion to defeat this "NPC team". *shrug* could be a new event, like the anomalies
It's supposed to start with an anomaly.

New info: the faction will likely be called "Interitus" and the "patron saint" (AGA for the Resistance and Jarvis for the Enlightened) will be Loki. Interitus means chaos and destruction - it will likely have a backstory along the lines of "forget creating things with XM, forget trying to block out the Shapers...can we weaponize this shit?"
Pretty sure the NPC faction would just be for balancing.

Ingress1.jpg

some work I did at my University over the last couple of days, with some help from the older toads in town...

the local Smurfs be mad, yo.

Got to love it when the factions work together and make this kinda stuff.
The factions in my area are more like a friendly rivalry than a military conflict. You get the rare diehards but they don't really last long.

The factions in my area are more like a friendly rivalry than a military conflict. You get the rare diehards but they don't really last long.
Where I live, its like a Smurf Police State. Any 'resistance' (hehe) we try and put up to take aback the area is quickly killed off.

Where I live, its like a Smurf Police State. Any 'resistance' (hehe) we try and put up to take aback the area is quickly killed off.
Unfortunately, areas dominated by either team are like that. You need a dedicated team of level 8 frogs to pay you a visit.

Unfortunately, areas dominated by either team are like that. You need a dedicated team of level 8 frogs to pay you a visit.
Oh, we have a strong team of L8s. Buuut there are waaay more smurfs here than frogs.
Take a look.
Smurf zone.png

(The entire town)

Niiice! I've been busy with a lot of stuff so i haven't maxed my level yet. If i put a dedicated 4hrs for a couple days at my campus, i can finally level up to 8
I've been collabrating with local ENL, there are three people that are my enemies.

EDIT: If you see a green control field spanning the entire nation, its the mark of thattimelord.

A few co-workers were playing this, and I checked on my home town of Sedalia, MO. Can't get the map without an account, but the entire town is surrounded by this giant, green, 50-mile wide donut. I don't entirely understand it, but I am impressed.

Back