• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Is a creative server possible?

I believe that the creative server would be very similar to the current build world on the survival server, rather than similar to classic how some people are imagining it.

The exact same system with voting for credits and buying plots for towns that can only be edited by members would make grief impossible. The entire map would be protected from editing by anyone except inside of plots.

Griefers would have to spend time to either join a town or make their own before they could manage to do any damage. As long as people don't invite random noobs into their towns, grief would be non existent. Just make sure to get to know people before adding them to your town.

A server set up in this manner would not even need a team of moderators. Just 2 or 3 like we have in survival to monitor chat and deal with complaints on the forums.

That is exactly my viewpoint and are the reasons why I support having a creative server. However, I also like survival; so IF a creative server suggestion were ever brought up again, I feel like we would either be given the ultimatum of having either survival or creative again. Or if the ultimatum were not given; it would just take more money and processing power and other possible resources to have both servers up. That is the scenario going on in my mind.

I know this might be hard for the admins, but here are my suggestions on setting up a creative server: (and please without erasing survival)

To stop grief:
I. I say! A plot system seems very practical in a creative server! Since people can fly in creative, it would be much easier to reach outer plots when the server's full. There won't be the need of a credit system though, since every person already has unlimited blocks of every type.

II. Since plots may exist, and like stratadon said probably won't be like classic, people are allowed to use TNT and other destructive things INSIDE (obviously) their plots.

III. A wild world, I suggest a world in creative that is simply just completely free from plots. In that world, people are allowed to use spawn eggs, TNT, and destructive potions outside their plots. After the world is close to getting completely destroyed by said objects, it can be reset. This may keep griefers away from the normal world.

Ranks:
If there are gonna be creative ranks, pweeaaase let me choose the names. Ouo

Moderation:
I'm sure we have enough trusted members now a days to moderate the creative server.

I know this might be hard for the admins, but here are my suggestions on setting up a creative server: (and please without erasing survival)

To stop grief:
I. I say! A plot system seems very practical in a creative server! Since people can fly in creative, it would be much easier to reach outer plots when the server's full. There won't be the need of a credit system though, since every person already has unlimited blocks of every type.

II. Since plots may exist, and like stratadon said probably won't be like classic, people are allowed to use TNT and other destructive things INSIDE (obviously) their plots.

III. A wild world, I suggest a world in creative that is simply just completely free from plots. In that world, people are allowed to use spawn eggs, TNT, and destructive potions outside their plots. After the world is close to getting completely destroyed by said objects, it can be reset. This may keep griefers away from the normal world.

Ranks:
If there are gonna be creative ranks, pweeaaase let me choose the names. Ouo

Moderation:
I'm sure we have enough trusted members now a days to moderate the creative server.

Only thing with the wild world, if someone lets loose a let's say 100x100x10 TNT explosion, it's going to cause the server to probably crash; (If that is not the amount of TNT needed to cause a crash; please do correct this.)

I like the idea, but it seems like it could cause problems like that. If you want to build in an area you don't already own around your other plots, simply buy it when you get enough credits. The only potential problem I can see with the normal creative world is land claiming issues. In the survival server, we've had a few land claim problems in the past; they could also happen in the creative server.

The Wilderness is for Mining. In Creative, there's no need for mining, ergo no need for a Mining World. Therefore, there would be no Wilderness, and in any case TNT would be nerfed like it is in Survival, I would assume.

I believe we have concluded at this point that grief would not be an issue (including tnt, etc.).

The real issue that has been brought up is the fact that 2 servers requires more processing power, more bandwidth, and just another thing that Wooty has to deal with and update, and this and that.

That being said, I would like to hear from wooty what his stance is on running two servers at the same time, one for survival and one for creative, with his custom plugins on both for plot purchasing/protection. In the end, however, it is his money, his time and his equipment that is making this all possible.

I love how everyone seems to think we have enough trusted people these days to moderate a creative server... I disagree. It's not just a matter of taking people who have been around the forums a few weeks and giving them ban abilities. There's a lot more to it than that, and I'm afraid we'd be spreading get our moderation team too thin between classic and creative.

I don't like the idea of plots, but I would probably play on the creative server anyway, I don't build much in Classic. It's all Woot's decision in the end. But this would be a perfect time to have one set up in my opinion, with Classic dying off and all.

I don't like the idea of plots, but I would probably play on the creative server anyway, I don't build much in Classic. It's all Woot's decision in the end. But this would be a perfect time to have one set up in my opinion, with Classic dying off and all.

I like the idea of plots. Let's say, everyone gets a small plot to start off with. And they can pick a place on the map to do what they please with it (withing the constraints of the rules of course). The plot owner has the ability to invite/allow others to build on their plot if they desire. Someone could expand their plot by receiving credits from minestatus and MCSL like survival. The chaos could be controlled on a plot by plot basis, and make grief difficult. Not sure if this idea is applicable, but it's an idea.

I love how everyone seems to think we have enough trusted people these days to moderate a creative server... I disagree. It's not just a matter of taking people who have been around the forums a few weeks and giving them ban abilities. There's a lot more to it than that, and I'm afraid we'd be spreading get our moderation team too thin between classic and creative.

I am not sure if you have seen classic recently, but there is not much to moderate :p

For the creative server, we are really just looking at 3 or 4 people who are available often enough to get on and kick trolls. It would be no different than the current survival server. We don't have a team of moderators there either and it seems to work great. Woot's plot system has effectively done away with grief as a whole. There is no need for a team of admins to ban for grief left and right. Just a few people to keep chat in line, that is all.

The Wilderness is for Mining. In Creative, there's no need for mining, ergo no need for a Mining World. Therefore, there would be no Wilderness, and in any case TNT would be nerfed like it is in Survival, I would assume.
Since there is no mining in creative, there is no need for wilderness. People can only build in plots they own and are not able to touch ANYTHING in random "wilderness". I guess that would fix the problem. And like in survival, they need more members for more plots, just make the plots a little bit more large because it is creative.

That is why many people seem to suggest the plot system. Maybe there aren't enought trusted members, so the plot system will forbid griefing. Also, about the trolling thing..... Well, in classic, there are trillions of occasions when a troll enters with no moderators. So maybe creative can handle a little trolling. (sorry of I sound wrong in anyway)

I believe we have concluded at this point that grief would not be an issue (including tnt, etc.).

The real issue that has been brought up is the fact that 2 servers requires more processing power, more bandwidth, and just another thing that Wooty has to deal with and update, and this and that.

That being said, I would like to hear from wooty what his stance is on running two servers at the same time, one for survival and one for creative, with his custom plugins on both for plot purchasing/protection. In the end, however, it is his money, his time and his equipment that is making this all possible.
Yes, I will bow to his feet and mow his lawns and be his slave (no, not sex slave) if he does it. Though I will feel bad for making him even more busy...

Since there is no mining in creative, there is no need for wilderness. People can only build in plots they own and are not able to touch ANYTHING in random "wilderness". I guess that would fix the problem. And like in survival, they need more members for more plots, just make the plots a little bit more large because it is creative.

Why on earth would you quote me and then say exactly the same thing? I'm putting you back on my ignore list, you're just too immature for me to be reading your posts.

Back