• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Maridia Rail System Minimum Safe Operating Parameters

bhamwildcar

From the office of the Director of Public Works, City of Maridia

All railways must be a minimum of three blocks high to prevent accidental death. No objects, save for torches, should protrude anywhere near the tracks from any direction.

All powered rails must be equally distributed among both tracks for dual rails. Single rails carrying two-way traffic should be avoided alltogether.

Dual rail systems should be considered as two one-way tracks, for instance, if you are going to Maridia from Sign Island Station Outpost, you should use the rail to your right (when you are facing the railway), as traffic coming from the main town will be on the left hand track. This will avoid mid-trip collisions.

All modifications to existing rails MUST be approved by either the staff of the Public Works Department or the Mayor. Rails under construction must be inspected and approved by the Public Works staff before being opened to the public.

These regulations are for everyone's safety, be they citizen or visitor. Thank you for your cooperation.

Note- all unauthorized modifications (ESPECIALLY to the main rail line connecting the city with the outposts) shall be reverted upon discovery.

So you guys are following the left hand traffic or right hand traffic? Because the two rails you mentioned :
Dual rail systems should be considered as two one-way tracks, for instance, if you are going to Maridia from Sign Island Station Outpost, you should use the rail to your right (when you are facing the railway), as traffic coming from the main town will be on the left hand track. This will avoid mid-trip collisions.
are on the same side. I suggest using the left-hand traffic as it makes much more sense.

When you face the rail, you use the one on the right, whereas oncoming traffic will be on your left, regardless of whether you're to or fro...

On a side note: Please remember to return minecarts to the chest provided at the end of the track. Public works official as well as other assistants will try to maintain carts being returned to the sign island outpost (bulk returns :p) Duinbergen and Bhamwildcat are assistants responsible for the subway/transport within the main city (by that I mean other resident railways are totally fine, but just please inform either of them if tieing in a personal railway system to the subway or outpost line :)) And I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with the improvements residents are making for the town. Feel free to ride the roller coaster once it's setup :D

Message to bham and duin: Please speak together on the matter of the railway structure and come to a reasonable terms on areas of operation and railway setup. Oh and for the height limit please don't mess up the above ground roads >.<

Sounds good Bham,

Btw, you already saw the assistant island? its south-west of Maridia.
Please leave a comment on the board :D

Nooooo! not the right-hand traffic system, that system is messed up.
There is no messed up system. Both left and right are virtually the same
This^

Also, more places drive on the right than the left.

1000px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.png

The three block clearance rule will have to be applied to the subway system, and I am aware it currently is right up against the surface roads in some places, which means only one thing: They must be lowered at least one block.

Back