Minecraft Classic Shutdown Announcement

Wooty

Staff member
To make room for new projects, Team9000 Classic will be permanently shutdown at midnight, the morning of March 1, 2014. It's been a long adventure, but it's finally time for classic to be laid to rest. If you are interested in saying your final goodbyes, I believe Charged Miners as well as a few modded versions of WoM are still able to connect to the server.

Keep an eye out for big changes to website performance and features soon.

Finally, the server has been getting at most 3 guests a day. There are many times when I get on and I am the only one on.

I'm going to really miss Classic ;( Technically, I was born there, and I think the same could be said for most people, when it has been the greatest being there and all the wonderful experiences good and bad. So, to that, I finally accept the inevitable and bid adieu to Classic formally. Thanks Woot for an awesome server like that. For if not, I would not be here with all you wonderful people :)

I look forward to the new experiences to come and more fun times with y'all :D

I'd probably feel a lot sadder about this if I didn't think it was shut down about a year ago, so I've came to accept this a long time ago.

That being said I want my feels hit like everyone else, so I'm going to post this to get in the right mood.
29d.gif

On one hand it is rather saddening to see the thing that I personally joined the site on get shut down.

On the other it has been dead for ages and this needed to happen.

I look forward to seeing how the site changes and evolves (if that even happens) and I wish for the best in this next stage of t9k

T9k "Farewell to Classic" Game Night 2/28/14 6PM CST! :)

I'll put it up on the FB and thread tonight at work.

~Bored

P.S. Sad to see classic go, but as it has been 'generally' inactive it's just been wasted resources that could be used for so much more. Memories of classic will always linger, but it's time for something new. To the moon T9k!

NOTE: I like how this thread was started 4 mins after the Xec thread was closed :D.

Even though classic became the bane of my very existence in the end, I can't help but be kicked right in the feels.

Yet another end of an era mang.

The memories, and I came into it pretty late. Guest 98 I believe.

I hope we can find something else that brought us all together like that, and put Team9000 on the map.

to be truthful, if it wasn't for classic, I would not be here. and to see it go will be truly saddening.

Dude you like, summed up pretty much everyone's feelings; to add my own thoughts:

It's totally the end of an era, and regardless anyone's thoughts, there won't be another game to unify us all as much as Minecraft did/still does; it's a universal game that lends itself to be an easy game to pick up, while at the same time be a very strategic piece of gaming that can last hours or even days just planning something out (i'm lookin at you redstone. >_>)

Minecraft has brought us all together, and i don't think we'll ever fall apart without it; albeit we came close a few times, not gonna lie.

You've been mad awesome Classic; it's where i made all of my friends, and i can't be any happier because of you.

Thanks for all of the fun times and memories classic; Rest in peace you glorious bastard.

Back