• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft - We have it!

Wooty

Staff member
This week's game of the moment is MineCraft Classic (no, not WarCraft).

This sandbox game is 100% free, 100% fun, and 100% addicting (did I mention it also runs in your browser, requires no install, and takes up almost no resources?). We are running our own Team9000 dedicated server, and you can join up by simply clicking on this link and making an account (bookmark it):

Team9000 MineCraft Server

You MUST make an account, or it will put you in a game by yourself!

Here's how you play:
  • Right click to create a block
  • Left click to destroy a block
  • Middle click to select the block type you are looking at
  • Scroll to choose between your block presets
  • Press T to chat or enter chat commands

Here's some protips:
  • You can make an easy elevator by jumping and placing blocks under you
  • Type /join <worldname> in chat to swich between our Team9000 server worlds:
    Main (This is the primary building area)
    Fun (Build whatever you want here! No Rules!)
    ProHills (Explore all you want, but only VIPs have build access)
  • If someone breaks something of yours, let an admin know ASAP! We may be able to restore it from a backup for you
  • If you complete an elaborate masterpiece, you can nicely ask Wooty to build-lock the area for you

And lastly, here's our IMPORTANT server rules:
  • Building is disabled in all spawn areas, near the Team9000 logo, and in the ProHills world
  • Don't destroy other people's buildings or work (this is known as "griefing")
  • If you're going to make something crazy, build it in fun world, main world is for more sophisticated buildings (such as your house).

Have fun building! Here's some screenshots of main world:

mcshot2.png

mcshot1.png

Any plans to start up a SMP server when he fixes all the memory leaks and actually makes it work? Or are you all too cheap to spend $13 on an epic game? =P

Any plans to start up a SMP server when he fixes all the memory leaks and actually makes it work? Or are you all too cheap to spend $13 on an epic game? =P

I bought it a long time ago, but I'm not going to put up a server at LEAST until items actually save.

I've been toying with the idea of running an Alpha server. I just need to work out the details of the access levels and such. And yes, I bought the game and have been doing quite a bit of spelunking as of late. Took me forever to find enough spiders to craft my bow, but that's taken care of now.

Wooty, what program are you running to admin your Classic servers? Just curious.

lol. i kinda tried this, and i couldn't figure out how to set off the TNT, so i just kinda made a pattern with it, and then roamed around aimlessly :p

I bought it a long time ago, but I'm not going to put up a server at LEAST until items actually save.

That works for me then, I wouldn't actually play until then either. I might mess around with the classic server some when I get a chance.

I've been toying with the idea of running an Alpha server. I just need to work out the details of the access levels and such. And yes, I bought the game and have been doing quite a bit of spelunking as of late. Took me forever to find enough spiders to craft my bow, but that's taken care of now.

Wooty, what program are you running to admin your Classic servers? Just curious.

This actually changed yesterday Zach (since you've played on it). We have multiple worlds and zoned permission areas now. It's running fCraft (a replacement classic-only server). There are no replacement ALPHA servers at this time (there's too many changes going on).

lol. i kinda tried this, and i couldn't figure out how to set off the TNT, so i just kinda made a pattern with it, and then roamed around aimlessly :p

You should come build yourself a house in our Main world, there's plenty of room ;)

No speedhacks :( It makes it harder to build stuff. Flying makes it so much easier to build.

HEY nice thing that you made a server, but you forgot the basic rules, ALLWAYS have a mod/admin at hand ALLWAYS. so now my 2 hour work was just destroyed by a flyhacker. and noone was there to notice it or even care, so he did whatever he wanted! i'm just mad right now, and i hope you can get the mods needed, wheter they find out shifts, or soemthing, just get it fixed mkay, i worked 2 HOURS on that fraking thing! underground, above ground....screw it all

No speedhacks :( It makes it harder to build stuff. Flying makes it so much easier to build.

That's only restricted on guests ;) you should'a let me know you were in there!

HEY nice thing that you made a server, but you forgot the basic rules, ALLWAYS have a mod/admin at hand ALLWAYS. so now my 2 hour work was just destroyed by a flyhacker. and noone was there to notice it or even care, so he did whatever he wanted! i'm just mad right now, and i hope you can get the mods needed, wheter they find out shifts, or soemthing, just get it fixed mkay, i worked 2 HOURS on that fraking thing! underground, above ground....screw it all

If you mean your castle... I fixed it almost instantaneously, zoned the area, and promoted you \_(:confused:)_/

Back