Music Composition / Production / Mixing / Creation / Tutorials Thread

This is what happens when Don and I get on TeamSpeak for music tutorials.
tuXA

So much fun.

So I'm kind of new to this, and I just wondered what software to use. Maybe a noobish question, but I would really appreciate some help or advice/tips etc. Thanks all, and keep up the good work! :D

So I'm kind of new to this, and I just wondered what software to use. Maybe a noobish question, but I would really appreciate some help or advice/tips etc. Thanks all, and keep up the good work! :D
There are quite a few software you can choose from, every single one of them pretty much equal to any other, it's all just a matter of taste.

I wrote this huge block of text a few days ago, forgot to write more.

FL Studio
Fruity Loops is quite a fine piece of software, used by the majority of the electronic producers of today. The interface is intuitive and it has so much to offer out of the box, having probably the highest amount of instruments and effects to choose from upon getting the software out of any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). I myself use FL Studio mostly because the loading times are quick and it doesn't crash as often as Ableton Live. Some things I don't like about FL are its live capabilities and the general workflow. I think Ableton Live is so much superior in those aspects. Personally I find editing audio and using samples in FL to be quite tedious. It's an excellent program for people who want to be "basement producers", with their only tool being a computer, but not for people who like to have real life sounds in their electronic music, or for people who want to make stuff on the fly.

Ableton Live
As you can derive from its name, Live is pretty much made for live performances although that doesn't mean it's a bad sequencer. Out of all the DAW's, I like Live the most (although this is just purely a matter of taste). Live can be quite intimidating at first, having quite a complicated UI at first glance, but once you got the hang of it, this is probably the fastest way to make electronic music. Once you understand the interface of Live, it becomes the easiest DAW ever. The workflow of Live is also something that I love, simply because of the amazing Session View. This makes putting together a song a breeze, since you can pretty much get the song structure down quickly, while also being able to improvise. Ever seen Madeon's Pop Culture? That's done with Ableton, although you don't have to do complex shit like he does.
Recording and editing audio in Live is also a breeze, so if you like to play guitar or piano or whatever, you can jam easily with Ableton.
By yourself.
Alone.
:foreveralone:

Reason
(Too lazy to write atm, will complete later)

ok. i'm using massive in FL and in this song, i need to slowly decrease the wubs on the channel. I have tried recording, but that doesn't work. i need to set and automation clip to the performer LFO so that the wubs will be gone. the wubs are needed for effect, but if there isn't a way to do it, i'll just remove them. if you know a way to do this, please help!

ok. i'm using massive in FL and in this song, i need to slowly decrease the wubs on the channel. I have tried recording, but that doesn't work. i need to set and automation clip to the performer LFO so that the wubs will be gone. the wubs are needed for effect, but if there isn't a way to do it, i'll just remove them. if you know a way to do this, please help!
I don't hear any wubs in the song o u o

Also, you should be able to automate it by moving the button around, then clicking the little arrow in the top left corner, press browse parameters and the LFO speed should be highlighted there

This is a different song... But i did originally do that. I'm talking about slowly taking the lfo off the scream filter

*edit* sorry i didnt mention that the lfo is on filter 1. I have it on the cutoff. I have the cutoff rise from about 45% to 100%. I know how It should work, i just can't find how to make it work.

Put the X-fade seq thing all the way up, then drag the bottom row of the performer down, then automate the X-fade seq thing

Edit: Or you could automate the Amp knob, which is a lot easier now I think of it : P
wait... which amp... there are many...

*edit* never mind... i found it...

i'm debating whether or not i should post a wip i was talking about in derpchat. its a remake of the veldt. yes or no?

PS its already on soundcloud for azn

Back