My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

I'll be honest. I fucking loved the movie. Watched it a few days ago. Songs were high quality, and it wasn't as "Oh now I have to deal with teenage girl problems!" as people were assuming. Also animation was wonderful and well, everything. Defiantly did the franchise good.
Thank you for the honesty and added input. I want some of those songs in full quality and I can't wait for some remixes to come out.

Thank you for the honesty and added input. I want some of those songs in full quality and I can't wait for some remixes to come out.
I loved the remix intro that they did in the main intro
But yeah, can't wait to get a full quality rip of the full thing. Some guy was coughing in the one I was watching

If you know what's band this is,I love you.
pony_system_of_a_down_by_darthtater342-d56pkq7.jpg

Maybe more people would watch it (Equestria Girls) if they accepted it as really good animated fanfiction. Not every episode has to be canon until we accept it yea?

Just watched Equestria Girls... and need to say it isn't awful at all, though I thought it's going to be horrible only from what people wrote and after having seen the trailer. All in all the movie is very well made, but in the end I still cannot stand the dressings, and like I already disliked in the series, I think the villain cannot be taken really serious, the final showdown ends again with a one shot hit filling the screen over and over with rainbows and there's too much singing... just my opinion.

If there are still "bronies" and other fans out there still just hating the whole idea of the movie, though you may just have seen the trailer and not the movie itself, you should seriously reconsider calling yourself a brony (or elselike) and think through what thee_pro wrote a few posts before me.

If there are still "bronies" and other fans out there still just hating the whole idea of the movie, though you may just have seen the trailer and not the movie itself, you should seriously reconsider calling yourself a brony (or elselike) and think through what thee_pro wrote a few posts before me.
Thank you. Seriously, thank you.
:) Sig'd

And this:
Maybe more people would watch it (Equestria Girls) if they accepted it as really good animated fanfiction. Not every episode has to be canon until we accept it yea?

Made me think of a line I just read from a chapter of FoE: PH.
"Don’t you understand? History isn’t truth. History is what everypony decides to settle on as what happened. But behind that there are a thousand little causes and twists and permutations in the cracks that shape events."

Everyone will look back on it, and as you said, not everyone will want to acknowledge it's existence. But it did happen.

Now, I'm not sure if there are any of you out there who take anything I say into consideration at all, but I want to say something now that I think is quite important.

I just finished watching My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, and it was actually really good. I know there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of you who are really hating on the concept of this movie, and have been for a long time. But I ask you this:

What was your initial feelings for the fanbase/show before watching the very first episode you saw? I'm pretty sure it was close to the same as the way some of you feel about this movie, right?

Honestly though, I didn't like the idea at first either, mainly because some of you were bashing it in it's early stages of announcement and making it sound like the butthole of the fandom/series. But then, oh I don't know, about 2 months ago maybe(?) I watched the trailers for it and I started to get the mindset that it might not be bad and I ended up telling myself that I would eventually end up watching it.

I ended up putting it off for a while really, only having just now watched it. Before clicking the play button on the youtube vid, I genuinely had my doubts of how it would be, especially after seeing that it was only a 1 hour and 13 minute movie. But I did end up clicking the play button, and to be completely honest, I was enjoying it within the first 15 minutes. I will probably get a digital copy of the full movie once it is released so that I can have it in the best quality possible.

Please, try and remember that, until you try something, don't be hating on it. That would make you a hypocrite, would it not?

Here is a link to the movie for those of you who might want to view it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-avLY9SbE
(Do note, that this is a cam-rip of it so there will be a bit of background noise and not the BEST audio quality, but it is only minimal distraction)

Also note this:
I am not forcing you to watch this, I am just giving my honest opinion filled with complete truth. I went into it with an open mind, and I ended up liking it. A lot actually. But don't hate on it without giving it an honest chance. Please.

And welcome to the reality of the whole reason the movie was made

rLsNBdT.jpg

merchandising! merchandising! merchandising!
spaceballs.jpg

But really I couldn't even get through the whole movie. And I went into it with a open mind and tried to expect it to be good but had my doubts. I gave up at "you're just like you and you're just like me" song. Just too cringy and the whole idea/design/new characters is just unappealing in general. Even if I did watch the rest it probably wouldn't change my opinion on it considering most of what I dislike doesn't change but regardless. As a movie per say its not terrible but I cringed through most of it and question why they didn't just make a pony based movie instead of going for the mainstream highschool conflict whatever setting for merchandising purposes.

Funny thing is I haven't liked anything MLP related past the season 3 launch episodes (minus the fluttershy/discord episode, I liked it). The show became uninteresting and the episodes become so boring I haven't even seen the rest. Also, in relation to that is something that bothers me about the fandom is any sort of criticism towards any aspect of the way the fandom goes (or hell any negative opinion on this movie) is dismissed as blind hate and not taken seriously. Even in this thread is a victim of that. I expressed my aspects of disliking the season 3 ending and like half you guys just dismissed all my dislikes as blind hate. As for this I hope my opinion isn't received the same way as my opinion for the season 3 ending.

Sigh, the quality of TV/movies nowadays is just.... meh.... That ending was the most BS piece of wtf moments I would ever expect from a poorly executed movie. Course this is also coming off from watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame yesterday morning, why don't we have that level of movies/story anymore, sigh...

P.S. I've seen the MLP series as a casual watcher so I'm not entirely new to it.

~Bored

Back