• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

NOW I'm thinking about buying Minecraft...again...

Chiddaling

I really miss having skins and playing online. So I was thinking about buying it again. I bought it before back when it was in Alpha but I gave it to my cousin. I have some m0ni3z left over and I'm thinking about buying it again. I just have 1 question.

You are still getting the same content as Alpha right? (Free updates). Besides the higher price, of course.

as much as i know only alpha accounts get separate expansions like dungeon mode for free, but otherwise they both
get all the updates

No, you get that partially wrong. Its possible that you will get all updates for free aswell as none, because Notch removed the rule which was saying that buying Beta guarantees free updates, but he didnt add any rule about not getting them. Basically, now he can do whatever he wants. :p

Imo, its still worth buying, because from what i've seen/heard, Notch is not going to do any bigger projects anytime soon, and the smaller updates (like upcoming new launcher) will most likely be free. You should also make your cousin pay at least half of the price :3

No, you get that partially wrong. Its possible that you will get all updates for free aswell as none, because Notch removed the rule which was saying that buying Beta guarantees free updates, but he didnt add any rule about not getting them. Basically, now he can do whatever he wants. :p

Imo, its still worth buying, because from what i've seen/heard, Notch is not going to do any bigger projects anytime soon, and the smaller updates (like upcoming new launcher) will most likely be free. You should also make your cousin pay at least half of the price :3
True dat about the cousin part :p
I'm thinking about buying it today..........or RIGHT NOW. :D

it's nero201, I bought the game yesterday! let the pig slaughter begin

costed me 20 euros though, damn lack of compatible credit cards in my country

Yeah, you think you've waited long but I have had to sit patiently for about 2 weeks now just to finally receive a gift code from a friend.:rolleyes:

Back