Official Pokémon Thread

I'm having issues with level grinding right now. I am about to fight Drayden in the gym and I noticed his underlings have Pokemon about the same level as mine are, so I need to do some grinding. It is a miserably slow slog at this point. Any one have any tips on how I may be able to accelerate the process?
Also, I need either an ice-type pokemon, or a better dragon type. The only dragon type I have (aside from the shinies I've been getting in Gamestop) is Vibrava, which I'm working on evolving into Flygon, but it isn't a very good pokemon, overall...

I'm having issues with level grinding right now. I am about to fight Drayden in the gym and I noticed his underlings have Pokemon about the same level as mine are, so I need to do some grinding. It is a miserably slow slog at this point. Any one have any tips on how I may be able to accelerate the process?
Also, I need either an ice-type pokemon, or a better dragon type. The only dragon type I have (aside from the shinies I've been getting in Gamestop) is Vibrava, which I'm working on evolving into Flygon, but it isn't a very good pokemon, overall...
Go get yourself a beartic, glacion, or cryogonal. Then get yourself a mother fking dragonite, and then go rank up at some random place where it's got high stated pokemon, and go ev train the crap- actually nvm. No ev training. I:

Just a suggestion, but don't get Dragon type pokemon, as the pokemon in the gym will mess you up.
Your better of getting types that can learn Ice or Dragon type moves.

Just a suggestion, but don't get Dragon type pokemon, as the pokemon in the gym will mess you up.
Your better of getting types that can learn Ice or Dragon type moves.

Nvm, I evolved Vibrava into Flygon and kept my Krookodile handy. You can't get hit by dragon-type moves when you're underground!

*BUMP*

Have acquired a 3DS, pre-ordered Pokemon X. Now waiting until launch date.

Also, anyone else getting a hold of them shiny dragons? They are purty.

*BUMP*

Have acquired a 3DS, pre-ordered Pokemon X. Now waiting until launch date.

Also, anyone else getting a hold of them shiny dragons? They are purty.

My local EB Games (AUS equivalent of Gamestop if you didn't know) didn't stock the shinies cause apparently there wasn't a demand for them, and the closest place that did was about 3 hours drive from where I live.
I am dissapont.

My local EB Games (AUS equivalent of Gamestop if you didn't know) didn't stock the shinies cause apparently there wasn't a demand for them, and the closest place that did was about 3 hours drive from where I live.
I am dissapont.
That's...lame. I didn't know the stores had an option to do that. From what I gleaned talking to the store manager at the Gamestop near my house, they have a code they use to activate the shiny pokemon to be DLed via the stores wireless link. Basically, it probably wouldn't be too terribly difficult for them to have started it up, unless they sent back the device that allows you to connect wirelessly.

*BUMP AGAIN*

Two things. Firstly:
Who all is getting the latest Pokemon game when it is released next Saturday? Just curious to see how many people to see if it'd be worth starts a Pokemon X/Y thread just to talk about that game there or not, rather than flood this thread with it.

Secondly:
Are we going to try to do the whole T9k Pokemon Gym Battle-Thing? Now that I've been playing White 2 more I'm interested in participating either as a challenger or a gym leader.

Thirdly (surprise!):
Don't forget about the shiny Giratina event going on now! Good through Oct 12 for everyone except the US, we've got until Oct 20.

EDIT: I'm getting tired of talking to myself on this thread...

*BUMP AGAIN*

Two things. Firstly:
Who all is getting the latest Pokemon game when it is released next Saturday? Just curious to see how many people to see if it'd be worth starts a Pokemon X/Y thread just to talk about that game there or not, rather than flood this thread with it.

Secondly:
Are we going to try to do the whole T9k Pokemon Gym Battle-Thing? Now that I've been playing White 2 more I'm interested in participating either as a challenger or a gym leader.

Thirdly (surprise!):
Don't forget about the shiny Giratina event going on now! Good through Oct 12 for everyone except the US, we've got until Oct 20.

sorry moon I was working so I couldn't respond.

1.) I personally like the idea of this remaining the official thread but I totally understand the need for a new thread So I am game for that. Once my first paycheck goes through I will finally pay off my damn ticket and probably get a 3ds (the red pokemon 3ds xl) with pokemon x so I totally will be playing it.

2.) Um can you explain this more, I Just started participating in this thread so I'm not familiar with this idea.

3.) awesome, it would be cool to pick one up along with the tortic that should be coming.

I'll probably do a squirtle, tortic, chespin start to it as well.

*BUMP AGAIN*

Two things. Firstly:

Secondly:

Thirdly (surprise!):

I may just go out and buy a 3DS just for the sake of being a Psychic type gym leader. (If I'm good enough and we end up doing that.)

1.) Can't, no money for a 3DS or the games.
2.) I'm still up for it, however, we still lack a good number of the types. >_o; As far as I know, the list I made previously hasn't changed.
3.) Would, but I don't have Black 2/White 2.

1.) Can't, no money for a 3DS or the games.
2.) I'm still up for it, however, we still lack a good number of the types. >_o; As far as I know, the list I made previously hasn't changed.
3.) Would, but I don't have Black 2/White 2.

I don't even know where the list is. If you need a gym leader of a different type, I'm up for anything, really. I'm thinking it'd be cool to be a Steel-type leader or Ghost-type.

OKAY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS:

Q. Is this still a thing?
A. Yes.

Q. What games are these going to be based around?

A. Black/White/Black2/White2, followed by X/Y when it comes out.

Q. Can I use legendaries?
A. Absolutely not.

Q. Can I call a type now?
A. Kinda. You can go ahead and do so, but this doesn't mean you'll get it. If someone else wants that type, they can battle you for it, winner getting the type.

Q. Single-type teams? So, like, Venusaur can't be used?
A. Single-type refers to all pokemon sharing one type, regardless of if they have another type or not. For example, a Normal type team can have Blissey (Normal), Noctowl (Normal/Flying), and Giraffarig (Normal/Psychic) because they all are Normal type.

Q. 17 people needed, but only 12 spots available? What gives?
A. 17 current pokemon types. 5 people will be bunked from the roster, the 6th person taking the spot as the 1st gym leader.

Q. Are tiers a thing in this?
A. As with legendaries, absolutely not. Tiers are metagame bullcrap. Pokemon is a game about strategy, skill, and a little luck. A Pokemon in the highest tier doesn't make it better.

Q. How will we be able to tell if someone won or not?
A. When the gym leaders/Elite 4 have all been decided, I will start a private conversation with them. They are then to report to me when someone has beat them, and to let the next person know. If I catch you lying, you will be stripped of your rank. No exceptions.

Q. Is this an online thing?
A. Yes. Using the DS's rather nice online capabilities, it is completely possible to host all of this online, provided everyone has a wireless connection somewhere.

Q. What do the winners get?
A. That will remain a secret for now. Just know that you will receive a certificate stating that you've beaten the T9k Pokemon League, along with a special prize from me, and possibly Casey. This means you will receive these prizes (From me anyway) in the mail, and they will be shipped free of charge to you. Yes, even you upside-down weirdos in Aussie-Land.

Q. Hey! <Insertnamehere> rechallenged me, and I lost, and they revoked my badge! WTF!?
A. Gym Leaders have the ability to rechallenge you 3 times after you've beaten them, no matter where you are on the ladder. If they win, your badge is revoked, and in order to progress, you must beat them again. If a Gym Leader is beaten again aster revoking the badge, they can no longer rechallenge you.

Q. Can I change up my party midway through? :D
A. No. Once you start, you stay with that party until the end. When you start, you will register your party with me, so I can keep tabs on what pokemon you are using. Feel free, however, to switch up their moves.

Q. What if I'm a gym leader/Elite 4?
A. Yes, you can switch pokemon around in your party, as long as you obey the Single-type clause.

If anyone has anymore questions, ask away.

As for types, I'd like everyone to re-call the type they would like to have, for clarification purposes. Also, if you'd like to join the Bizarro league, please state so and what your gimmick will be. While the official league has a limited number of spots and a set order as to who gets challenged when, the Bizarro League is more flexible. Remember, both of these are only for Black/White/B2/W2. Don't be making plans for X & Y for a while. Do not worry if someone called the type you want. There will be elimination matches to determine the final possessor of that type.

Types:
Flying: Thee_pro

POKEMON X AND Y HAVE BEEN FULLY LEAKED
READY YOUR BODIES FOR INFO DUMPS!

WHILE I TRY TO FIND MORE LEAKS, ENJOY:

MEGA CHARIZARD X! (Fire/Dragon with a new ability that increases the damage of contact moves and has increased Attack, the old one is exclusive to Y)

006Charizard-Mega_X.png

MEGA CHARIZARD X! (Fire/Dragon with a new ability that increases the damage of contact moves and has increased Attack, the old one is exclusive to Y)

006Charizard-Mega_X.png
oooooooohhh shit just got reeeal. :O

006Charizard-Mega_X.png
At this rate, I think it's safe to assume that each version is going to have it's own set of mega evolutions, similar to how the previous games has version-specific pokemon.

Thanks to most trusted leakers being put down, most information is unconfirmed.
Except Delphox, Fennekin's final form.
5TY1eDo.jpg

GJvoqHZ.png

dVPaBiz.jpg

(btw, that bird in the picture is Hawlucha, a Fighting/Flying type of pure awesomeness that's most likely real as well)

There's also these magazine scans that are 99% real, showing Swirlix's and Spritzee's evolved forms:
October_2013_Ciao_Fairy_evolutions.jpg

Meowstic's pre-evolution and Fletchling's evolution leaked as well, but they were put down along with the leakers.

Back