T9K battles extra-terrestrial invasion blog series.

Godliberator

Two Possibilities exist.​
Either, we are alone in the universe, or we are not.​
Both are equally terrifying. -Arthur C. Clark​

Cutting to the point, however, this thread is to announce a new blog series that I have begun for all of you to enjoy. To give a little premise to my plan here. XCOM just came out not long ago and Konflakes wrote a fantastic review of the game already that you can check out in our blog section. This will not be a review however and will be a multi-part blog series which will tell the story of the extra-terrestrial invasion of earth and the members of this community fighting to reclaim earth and battle the invasion around the globe.

I have already begun the process (the tutorial level) and have already selected the starting members for this series.
They are as follows: Godliberator(myself), Wooty, Ollie, Ozy, Casham, ConroD, KC006, Konflakes, Tofurkey, Pixiel, Patchouii, and Faerieincombatboots.

This is the starting lineup for this series, and as any of you who have played the game know already, not all of them will remain alive throughout the series, which is why this thread is necessary. I want the community to play a role in this series, very similar to a chose your path book (if you have never read one, you are young as hell and you have made me feel much older). So when new recruits are hired to replace the fallen, when research is available, or any options come about, you all will have the option to vote on which path to take and who will be joining the team next. The rest will be left up to the randomized outcomes of the game, and my decisions during combat encounters.

This thread will also be where I will continue to update the stats and memorialize the fallen as things progress.

So far, to premise the first entry in this series which will be out as soon as I get through a few encounters, we have started with a European base which will cut the cost of research and lab upkeep by 50%. I have already accepted the first mission, and have chosen to go to San Francisco, US to help with an abduction site and I have chosen to ignore China's request for help with their abduction problems. The starting team for this mission will be: Godliberator, Wooty, Ollie, and Ozy. The outcome of the first few encounters will be available in the first blog series and will continue from there as we progress through the game.

As a disclaimer, if you would not like to be part of this series and I listed you above, please let me know and I will remove you from the current roster.

This post is meant more as a teaser for the series, but the thread will eventually become where you can catch up and keep up with the story. I am hoping that including this thread will allow you all to get to know how the characters in this series are fairing and should add an emotional attachment to certain characters as they progress through the story. I am looking forward to seeing how things progress and getting the series written for all of you. Be sure to watch this thread for any updates and watch the blog section in the next few days for the first part of the series.

Until then, I would love to hear what you guys think of this idea.

If you are just joining us you can find all of the series through the following links.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6 part 1
Episode 6 part 2
Episode 7

I hope you all enjoy.

also, I need a name for the series that is catchier than T9k battles extra-terrestrial invasion....I will work on it.

What a cool idea. Using the game to help write a story. There are about 16k registered members of T9k. Do you plan/intend to go through all of them? If you do go through 16k people, you may want to reconsider playing that game.

What a cool idea. Using the game to help write a story. There are about 16k registered members of T9k. Do you plan/intend to go through all of them? If you do go through 16k people, you may want to reconsider playing that game.

I do not plan to go through all of them, I will be the worst commander of all time with a track record of loosing nearly 16k players. I am not out for mass genocide, the lives of the people I command are my first priority, however I know some will be lost along the way, possibly myself, it is a grim fact. This is where the community will come in and vote on who will be the new recruits to fill the shoes of the fallen. Not everyone will be involved in this, but it should be enjoyable for everyone regardless.

Edit: I may also make it a rule, that you cannot vote for yourself as a replacement when the time comes., this should make for better voting and community involvement.

As much as I would like to be in this, I know I'm not popular enough, :(
Anyway I do have some suggestions about this. Talk with the members who are in the various missions, tell them your idea of progression through the mission, and get their opinions on it, and ask for any dialogue you might want to put in the story. I think it would be a much greater story if each of the members in the group contributed to their own character.

As much as I would like to be in this, I know I'm not popular enough, :(
Anyway I do have some suggestions about this. Talk with the members who are in the various missions, tell them your idea of progression through the mission, and get their opinions on it, and ask for any dialogue you might want to put in the story. I think it would be a much greater story if each of the members in the group contributed to their own character.

Although a good idea, I will probably keep dialogue out of the story and make it more of a narration of the events....so....as you read it.....imagine the voice of Morgan Freeman, or Bruce Willis, or......Gilbert Godfried....or anyone really.

as an update, played through the first several missions and should have the first part out by mid day tomorrow.

Keep me in the loop on this. I am very interested to see how this plays out.

Suggested name: Team9000 XenoRevolution or XenoRebellion

Current roster:
Lieutenant Godliberator
Sergent Wooty
Sergent Ozy
Corporal Ollie
Squaddie Pixiel
Recruit KC006
Recruit Casham
Recruit ConroD
Recruit Konflakes
Recruit Tofurkey
Recruit Patchouii
Recruit Faerieincombatboots

current inventory and values:
22 Sectoid corpses - $5
6 Thin Man corpses -$5
10 Elerium - $3
52 alien alloys -$2
2 UFO flight computers - $40
1 UFO power source(damaged) - $30

will update as we move forward and will add kill counts this evening.

And here I thought Beefcakes was just your nickname for your penis.
No, I went to medical school, which totally wasn't a cardboard box on Beese's front lawn or anything,
And by front lawn I totally don't mean his downstairs mane or anything,
And by his downstairs mane I totally don't mean his lion willy or anything,
And by lion willy
I think you get the point

Back