T9K communal Dwarf Fortress game? :D

Cyrusdexter

We should have a T9K communal dwarf fortress game. It would work similarly to the famous Boatmurdered.

For those who don't feel like reading the introduction there, here's how it works;
Everyone who wants to play gets a 1 year turn, beginning in Spring and ending at the start of next spring. You can see what season it is by pressing z.
You must complete your turn withing a week, to keep things going. This should be fairly easy, as a year in dwarf fortress is roughly 4 hours.
If a player can't complete their turn within a week, the next player will take the old save file and start their turn.
Using screenshots and roleplaying is encouraged but not required.
Using dwarftherapist, tilepacks, and soundsense is allowed.
Using the Lazy Newb Pack is allowed, but not quickfort or chromafort.
If someone significantly fucks things up or has a lot of fun we will revert to an older savefile.

If you have never played dwarf fortress, you can still play, but go here and practice a bit first.

Once it becomes spring, save your game. Then go to your DF folder, then the "data" folder, then the "save" folder. Take the region1 folder and stick it in a zip file, then upload it somewhere and post a link for the next person. The next person should then unzip it to their "save" folder
Backup your saves before loading this world, as it will wipe your first world

If you do not know how to do something, first, Check the Wiki. Then, google it. If you've done both these things and gotten no results, then and only then should you ask how to do it in this thread.

After some people sign up, I'll give the first person the save folder directly after embarking, you we can start.

Download Dwarf Fortress Here

Also, when you are in command, feel free to name a dwarf after yourself :D

List of Players
Damashki
tshinotu145​

I'll post the intro bit and world file when we get ~5 players

I'm up for this, though I'm horrible at managing dwarfs in that game. :p
On that note, hopefully we won't have a butterfly get stuck in a door opening that would allow elephants to slaughter our village.

Related
FunComic.png

Are you going to learn? If so, I'll add you to list if you want. You don't need to be a proski DF player to play, you just need to be slightly proficient.

I'll try and learn at a later date, don't add me to this game. Might join the next game if this runs successfully and it runs again.

Geez, learning DF is quite a challenge. I started playing back in April, quit for a bit, and started playing again last month. Now, I've pretty much forgot most of the important stuff!
For those of you on the fence about this, this is an awkward, unforgiving, game with an extremely steep learning curve, but, no matter how complicated it gets, you'll always have a good time.

As for my answer, I'll pass for this round. I really need to brush up on this game, and marching band is really eating into my free time.
I'll probably be up for this next month, that is, November.

Can't wait to see how this unfolds!:D

We still need 3 people to start and have a game that lasts a decent amount of time. There can't only be 2 other DF players in T9K :(

Back