• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K reunion server

I definitely support the idea of an official Team9000 server. Private servers are nice, but lack the numbers needed to compete with a Team9000 server. A couple of observations from my time at Team9000, though:

No protection, little moderation (beta 1.8):
Flaming swastikas and TheePro needing to rebuild his town 5 (I think) times.

Lots of people (1.0):
Could easily become annoying. Lots of kids. Older members driven away. I liked how you could get money without needing to vote.

Mid sized, I think (1.3):
Voting-based currency and more expensive plots became really frustrating.

Less people (last server):
Much less annoying, more tight-knit, and subsequently died from lack of activity.

Quiz:
People cheated their way through way too often.

Activity:
People lost interest without a goal. Periodic events or some way to be competitive might help. For instance: SQL server holds town or player-based scores for some kind of objectives, managed by commandhelper and displayed on the front page.

I definitely support the idea of an official Team9000 server. Private servers are nice, but lack the numbers needed to compete with a Team9000 server. A couple of observations from my time at Team9000, though:

Lots of people (1.0):
Could easily become annoying. Lots of kids. Older members driven away. I liked how you could get money without needing to vote.

Much less annoying, more tight-knit, and subsequently died from lack of activity.

Quiz:

Activity:
People lost interest without a goal. Periodic events or some way to be competitive might help. For instance: SQL server holds town or player-based scores for some kind of objectives, managed by commandhelper and displayed on the front page.
Still waiting for Team9000 game.

That could actually end up being the chat room with things to do.

Yeah, something like that. But you know what? All that rebuilding kept me interested in playing the game.

Once we moved past the 1.8 Beta I started to hate it.

The problem with minecraft (IMO) is that it needs community. I hated Minecraft when it was empty, but it was awesome when there was like 40+ players online.

Classic was awesome because there was 125 people online.

I miss those days. You had people to engage with and build with. Building a city with 2 people isn't as fun as with 21 people.

So yea, maybe like Kris said, a chatroom where you could build things (NOT PENIS).
I second this as well.

Lots of people (1.0):

Quiz:

Activity:
The nazi hospitals always got a laugh out of me back in 1.2 <3

Lots of people (1.0):

Quiz:

Activity:
Where's the 1.7.3 option?

That was the only T9K Minecraft server in existance.

It'd probably join a Reunion server if it meant it was more... well, if it wasn't as /planned/ as previous minecraft worlds.

I'unno, planning every detail out makes remarkable things, but it's like... eh.
I'd rather just a small shanty town where everyone builds a house or something and it'd grow from there, no mayors and no leaders, just a community of cool cats chillin' and minin' together.

EDIT:
Because yea, I was thinking about this for awhile... and well, it'd just be fun to have a nice little section of land where everyone can hang out and build houses together. I would nominate myself to help be a driving force in this, not as in being a tax collector or 'You build this here now'. But just to go around helping out people build and mine, just going around and helping people in this small community with small errands and things.

I yearn for this.. nice little community where we can all just help each other out and build together, maybe someone who has the skill can go out and build a really neat castle, and people around this person if they want, can go help whenever they please. Or just stay in their own secluded house and keep to themselves. Just the idea of perhaps going outside, seeing people walk past doing their thing.

Like, the best way this would be done is if someone builds a house, then just makes a small road, then just have people expand the road as need be, placing their houses when acceptable, maybe someone can build a house where they have a large farm, and people every now and then can just hop in

I'm not sure why I feel this way, but just the idea of no real constraints sounds.. well, wonderful. As long as the rules are Keep it clean, keep it cool and don't be a dick. That'd be wonderful.

I guess there'd be no plot system, or town system. Maybe just an anti-grief system, a nice looking spawn and leave it at that or something.

I don't know, anyone wants to add to this? Any ideas or somesuch?

I guess people just want to play Singleplayer+, now with friends!
Nothing special, nothing new. Just a server where it'd practically be single player, but just with friends.

It'd probably join a Reunion server if it meant it was more... well, if it wasn't as /planned/ as previous minecraft worlds.

I'unno, planning every detail out makes remarkable things, but it's like... eh.
I'd rather just a small shanty town where everyone builds a house or something and it'd grow from there, no mayors and no leaders, just a community of cool cats chillin' and minin' together.

EDIT:
Because yea, I was thinking about this for awhile... and well, it'd just be fun to have a nice little section of land where everyone can hang out and build houses together. I would nominate myself to help be a driving force in this, not as in being a tax collector or 'You build this here now'. But just to go around helping out people build and mine, just going around and helping people in this small community with small errands and things.

I yearn for this.. nice little community where we can all just help each other out and build together, maybe someone who has the skill can go out and build a really neat castle, and people around this person if they want, can go help whenever they please. Or just stay in their own secluded house and keep to themselves. Just the idea of perhaps going outside, seeing people walk past doing their thing.

Like, the best way this would be done is if someone builds a house, then just makes a small road, then just have people expand the road as need be, placing their houses when acceptable, maybe someone can build a house where they have a large farm, and people every now and then can just hop in

I'm not sure why I feel this way, but just the idea of no real constraints sounds.. well, wonderful. As long as the rules are Keep it clean, keep it cool and don't be a dick. That'd be wonderful.

I guess there'd be no plot system, or town system. Maybe just an anti-grief system, a nice looking spawn and leave it at that or something.

I don't know, anyone wants to add to this? Any ideas or somesuch?

I guess people just want to play Singleplayer+, now with friends!
Nothing special, nothing new. Just a server where it'd practically be single player, but just with friends.
What you have just described, my dear Beese, it's exactly what beta 1.8 was.

If it returned to those ways I would be on every day.

What you have just described, my dear Beese, it's exactly what beta 1.8 was.

If it returned to those ways I would be on every day.

Really eh?
I was never around then, I think... so I wouldn't know.

Eitherway, it's probably someone everyone wants and if we get enough people, it could work.

EDIT: I'd love to join a server if it was like that.
I'd also try and get on as much as possible and help out as much as I can.

Who else would?

Okay, so I've seen heaps of notifications about people liking that status and after me mentioning that I'd like some input, but getting none. So okay guys, I think I'll try and push for this. But almost everyone wants those delectable 'Golden Years'. Many server owners try and re-create those golden years by trying their hardest to improve the server.
(I’ve been on the receiving end of this, and had my name slandered and banned from a server purely because of what I liked in cartoons. But anyway I digress.)

Because we can’t just have a flashy post saying ‘Golden Years hath returned!’ with a early 2000’s gif of David bowie from his ‘Heathen’ Tour singing Golden Years, fuck no. We’ll need to try our best to get this working and get that feel back.

Yes, We need to re-create that.. feel. That feely feel. That feel one gets when playing as if they were back in those olden days. Some people that feel was server numbers, for some it’s people who pay in donations. But for others it’s just a sense of /community/ and that feel that you’re one of a team, and that everyone is friendly and working together.

So really, what we need is a group of people, sizable at the least, preferably about anything over 10 people active on the server and an attempt to never have the server empty for longer than 6 hours.

Look, guys. This is going to be hard. This is going to require effort, but I assure you the payoff that you’ll get once building that house next to the guy who you’ve known for 3 years, or just building whatever house you want next to someone whose idea of a house is radically different. Or just the aspect of looking for new lands with friends old and new, and building a sweet-ass city. It’s all going to be hard to re-create. And I ASSURE YOU. This won’t work if we just throw up a server and go ‘join guizes lel itd b fun’

We thought, we tried and most sadly, we failed.
We failed the plan guys.

DON’T FAIL

FUCKING HELL IT WAS JUST ONE JOB FOR THE PLAN TO WORK GUYS AND WE SCREWED UP.

No, we’ll need to make sure we have people. We need to have games night-like nights where we have like, 15 or so people on at one time, all trying to go for one goal. Kinda like what happens in Terraria. Like, a night where we fight a boss all together or something. We could have three nights over the course of like, 3-4 weeks. One gamesnight for starting the server up and getting a town down, two for fighting the enderdragon and three for fighting the Wither.

Like…I can’t do this on my own, I’ll need help. I could be a.. I’unno. I could be a Mascot of sort, just person who is trying to lead up morale for this server and idea. Something that lot of people clearly want, but nobody has really.. well, we haven’t really /pulled/ it off yet.

Okay, so here's the plan.

1, We need someone who can for sure, host a server that can support up towards 25 potential people at once

2, We need support, I want to hear and see people saying they want this, people who would love to invest time making this happen. Because this isn't just a benefit for us, what makes the experience isn't ourselves having fun, it's having fun with other peoples positive experiences at once, as a community.

3, We need times, when is everyone free? When is everyone able to join in a session of minecraft weekly?

Like, I'll try my god-damned best at getting this monolith off the ground but I'll need some help from you guys to get some actual lift.

This is a community project, someone can't just head the thing and everyone follow.
It needs to be ours.

Thoughts? Opinions?
I want to hear from all you fuckers.
It'll help with what everyone wants. What I wrote is what /I/ want and that just simply wont cut it at all. I need to hear from EVERYONE who'll show interest.

Okay, so I've seen heaps of notifications about people liking that status and after me mentioning that I'd like some input, but getting none. So okay guys, I think I'll try and push for this. But almost everyone wants those delectable 'Golden Years'. Many server owners try and re-create those golden years by trying their hardest to improve the server.
(I’ve been on the receiving end of this, and had my name slandered and banned from a server purely because of what I liked in cartoons. But anyway I digress.)

Because we can’t just have a flashy post saying ‘Golden Years hath returned!’ with a early 2000’s gif of David bowie from his ‘Heathen’ Tour singing Golden Years, fuck no. We’ll need to try our best to get this working and get that feel back.

Yes, We need to re-create that.. feel. That feely feel. That feel one gets when playing as if they were back in those olden days. Some people that feel was server numbers, for some it’s people who pay in donations. But for others it’s just a sense of /community/ and that feel that you’re one of a team, and that everyone is friendly and working together.

So really, what we need is a group of people, sizable at the least, preferably about anything over 10 people active on the server and an attempt to never have the server empty for longer than 6 hours.

Look, guys. This is going to be hard. This is going to require effort, but I assure you the payoff that you’ll get once building that house next to the guy who you’ve known for 3 years, or just building whatever house you want next to someone whose idea of a house is radically different. Or just the aspect of looking for new lands with friends old and new, and building a sweet-ass city. It’s all going to be hard to re-create. And I ASSURE YOU. This won’t work if we just throw up a server and go ‘join guizes lel itd b fun’

We failed the plan guys.

DON’T FAIL

No, we’ll need to make sure we have people. We need to have games night-like nights where we have like, 15 or so people on at one time, all trying to go for one goal. Kinda like what happens in Terraria. Like, a night where we fight a boss all together or something. We could have three nights over the course of like, 3-4 weeks. One gamesnight for starting the server up and getting a town down, two for fighting the enderdragon and three for fighting the Wither.

Like…I can’t do this on my own, I’ll need help. I could be a.. I’unno. I could be a Mascot of sort, just person who is trying to lead up morale for this server and idea. Something that lot of people clearly want, but nobody has really.. well, we haven’t really /pulled/ it off yet.

1, We need someone who can for sure, host a server that can support up towards 25 potential people at once

2, We need support, I want to hear and see people saying they want this, people who would love to invest time making this happen. Because this isn't just a benefit for us, what makes the experience isn't ourselves having fun, it's having fun with other peoples positive experiences at once, as a community.

3, We need times, when is everyone free? When is everyone able to join in a session of minecraft weekly?

Like, I'll try my god-damned best at getting this monolith off the ground but I'll need some help from you guys to get some actual lift.

This is a community project, someone can't just head the thing and everyone follow.
It needs to be ours.

Thoughts? Opinions?
It'll help with what everyone wants. What I wrote is what /I/ want and that just simply wont cut it at all. I need to hear from EVERYONE who'll show interest.
I like your ideas, but at the same time, I feel like we need to take a bit more from how the Terraria servers work. We all don't live in the same general area. We explore, find a location suitable to our desires, and that's where we settle down. We don't need a town, really. We don't need that much organized structure, as it will eventually get to the point of people claiming on how one part should be run yadda yadda, which was one of the main issues I had with the last server. I disliked being in a town as there was no sense of freedom there. I was allowed to do as I pleased. I've done it every map. While I'll join a town, I contribute nothing, not out of laziness, but because I see it as a waste of time if everyone else is doing the exact same thing. Instead, I'd rather a server where I can go out and build, and not worry about getting my shit raided because I know the people who I'm on the server with aren't total bags of assorted dicks. If I need something from someone, I don't need money. Why not an equal trade? We agree to meet somewhere, both of us bring the items, exchange, thank each other and be on our merry way. Am I opposed to people making a town-esque structure involving multiple people? No, as long as I don't have to be apart of it if I don't want to.

Also, I'm not opposed to the server also having a white-list similar to how the last map was to keep away potential buttmunches from wrecking what would be an enjoyable experience. Do we need a quiz? No. What would be the perimeters for the white-list? Hell if I know, but I'm pretty sure we can all come up with something that works.

I'm down for having special MC game nights should a new unofficial official community server be a thing. It'd be a nice way of getting our more hesitant members out of the shadows and to talk to more people and make more friends. We are a community after all. It'd be nice to see some old faces show back up and be more active because of this.

We don't need any kind of special plugins, aside from maybe bukkit for general reasons. If we're all aiming for a server where the overall idea is to not be dicks to one another for any reason, protections shouldn't be needed, aside from spawn, which we can all work on together. It doesn't need to be fancy, but we can make it look nice. Hell, if it's a full community thing, we could have various kinds of tournaments and everyone who want to participate pools in for the prizes, similar to the Battle Minigames in Mario Party. And it's all in good fun, no sore losing as you weren't forced into entering. Possible betting on the winners from the bystanders, which would be all or nothing, rather than the 'You're probably going to win, at least, something' from the games. Shit like that would be great.

We can plan everything out involving the game nights as they come along, as we should get a basic grasp of what everyone wants first. Then, we can work on setting up the server, as I'm sure people would like to start on a server that works the way it should.

Just a koala's two cents.

I fully support this. My favourite world was the 1.0.0 world, because it was active! I was in a great town, people had awesome towns that anybody could visit. I would want nothing more out of this than people having fun playing such a simple game, with nobody being an ass by stealing or "pvping for the lulz". As Beese said, it will be hard, but the payoff will be so worth it. We have the chance to create wonderful memories to compliment our favourite server worlds, but not tracing over them, that's not the goal (at least to me), not to destroy the old and make new, but to add onto the old, in a fitting way. It would be great to have everybody back together, I feel that everybody is drifting from each other. Let's make this idea a reality, and put in the effort to make it work.

To answer your questions Beese,
1. I have a server, but I'd be an unlikely canidate for hosting, as it has more than a few issues that are hard to fix.
2. I would be all for investing my free time into this, I want to help T9K become a close knit community again.
3. I am free majority of the summer (Until late august) and probably wont be free for more than 5 minutes in the fall and winter.

We failed the plan guys.

DON’T FAIL

It needs to be ours.

Thoughts? Opinions?
In regards to a server host, 3 names come to mind. Either crabbie, StTheo, or Gurw. They have good experience with it.

Back