Team9000.net Homepage Redesign

Wooty

Staff member
The homepage is currently being redesigned. It's still a work in progress, so be sure to let us know of any issues / suggestions that come up. Thanks!

it just is. I would say 9 times out of 10 when I visit the home page that's what I aim for (I don't use the new posts page because it doesn't reset after every visit so it keeps listing the threads I ignored during previous visits)

A new logo would be nice. maybe something like this?

team9000.png

Other than that, I think it would be nicer if the homepage had more width to it. Maybe make the width scale automatically based on your resolution / the size of the browser window, with a minimum width set.

it just is. I would say 9 times out of 10 when I visit the home page that's what I aim for (I don't use the new posts page because it doesn't reset after every visit so it keeps listing the threads I ignored during previous visits)

You know you can mark all forums as read to completely clear the New Posts pages (the link is under the forums list on the main "Forums" page). Perhaps that link should be more accessible...

Other than that, I think it would be nicer if the homepage had more width to it. Maybe make the width scale automatically based on your resolution / the size of the browser window, with a minimum width set.

Variable width webpages are the devil. There's a reason why no big websites use them ;). If you compare our websites to other big fixed-width sites, we're about par. The Team9000 LIVE page is an exception - we've widened it to add more space with the video.

I would enjoy the ability to ignore individual threads (so they don't show up in lists/searches) or possibly entire subforums.

A new logo would be nice. maybe something like this?

team9000.png

I disagree.

As for the new page: I like the new look as it gives the latest blog post more prominence, but the column being moved to the right is a little O_O

I find it ironic that that is the MIS Lab... and we've got all sorts of wonderful programming utilities... and other fun stuff like that, but they can't install firefox for us. Every other lab on campus has browsers that don't suck (My work machine even has chrome on it.).

I have some time to spare, i'd love to help!
layout and overall theme/logo i can do,
you'll have to program and adjust the rest yourself though,
i don't have that much time unfortunatly :( :saddd:

Back