The Second Annual Saxxy Awards

Audi

Indeed.

So, I'll fill you guys in:
So, last year, the guys at Valve held a video competition called the First Annual Saxxy Awards. Basically, entrants submitted TF2 videos created with the Replay function under different categories. The prize? The Saxxy - probably the coolest weapon ever.

Well, they're doing it again this year.

This version of the Saxxys, however, requires videos to be made with Source Filmmaker.

Which got me thinking...

One of the key features of SFM is that it allows you to take ordinary TF2 replays and edit them. Basically, you can "augment" gameplay videos, adding things like facial expressions and gestures - stuff that you can't do in-game but you can do in post.
I've been waiting for the Second Saxxys because I thought it would be my time to enter.

So here's my plan:
With a bunch of you T9k guys, I thought we could enter a video.
Basically I'd just need about 8 guys (or gals) to feature in my video.
My plan would be to record a replay and augment it in a sort of action sequence, showing the TF2 skills and unique personalities of prominent T9k members.

Just some thoughts.

In any case, the Saxxys will be a good experience. There will be good YouTubing to be had. But if I can field a submission with some mates, and we win - well, having Saxxys would be awesome, really.

Here's the official website - I think we need to keep our eyes peeled and our ears pricked up. There's bound to be more to come.

TL;DR?
The Saxxys are here. Vorsprung's gonna make some vidya of some vidya.

I would hardly say that I'm a "prominent T9k member" but I will volunteer to participate in this. I don't have a mic. I don't know if that's a problem.

Also,
There are 3 saxxys on the official page
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

If anyone remembers my spy antics from t9k game nights I would be glad to showcase that. Time may be an issue though.

Volunteering. You could showcase my expert scout movement and bat swinging skills. ...The lack of, I should say. :laugh:

When will this be done?

I guess I'll join, shouldn't hurt x) I'd plan on entering myself but I don't have enough people.

You can't use TF2 replays in SFM by the way. we will have to start a Source Film Maker LAN server though a program like evolve so we can plan, and record together. I also have SOME skill in SFM. Vorsprung, I think we can go far with this.

Old news... this came out hours ago.
Well, no-one reported it, so eat some soap, Soap.
Also I'll need you for the Demo possy.
Vors, if you need help with your video, let my rifle and I know.
Of course I'd include Sir Aimbot of Third Base. ;)
I'm in. Let me know how I can help, and I will.
We need a capable pumpkin Engy or two.
I guess I'll join, shouldn't hurt x) I'd plan on entering myself but I don't have enough people.
More Asian Spies plz.
You can't use TF2 replays in SFM by the way. we will have to start a Source Film Maker LAN server though a program like evolve so we can plan, and record together. I also have SOME skill in SFM. Vorsprung, I think we can go far with this.
PM'n you with the details.
I have the plans.

Back