What order should I play the God of War games in?

Billy

I have ordered the saga, which includes the first 3 games as well as the 2 made for PSP. I also ordered Ascencion, which I have heard is a prequel. Should I play Ascencion before 1, 2, and 3?

The Timeline in order of continuity is as follows:

1. God Of War: Ascension (PS3)

2. God Of War: Chains Of Olympus (PSP, PS3 Remastered)

3. God Of War (PS2, PS3 Remastered)

4. God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta (PSP, PS3 Remastered)

5. God Of War: Betrayal (Mobile side scroller)

6. God Of War II (PS2, PS3 Remastered)

7. God Of War III (PS3)

I don't see a need to play it chronologically. Just play it in the order it was made.
GoW 1, GoW 2, Chains of Olympus, GoW 3, Ghost of Sparta, Ascension.

Treat those that are not in the chronological order as information filling or something, idk. Who even cares about GoW story anway, its just "Kratos smash! Kratos slash! Kratos kill gods!"

If you owned all the GOW games Sony should send their guys to your house to sing you a Birthday song.

Have fun doing all the dumbass puzzles when you could be killing stuff (kinda brutally I might add).

To be completely honest, I despise the God of War series. :/ Just not my thing, I guess. Some of the puzzles are batshit irritating, some of the boss fights are pathetically easy, and the whole story has a habit of going snooker-loopy.

To be completely honest, I despise the God of War series. :/ Just not my thing, I guess. Some of the puzzles are batshit irritating, some of the boss fights are pathetically easy, and the whole story has a habit of going snooker-loopy.
The puzzles are irritating and the Gods are pictured to be dumb AS FUCK! (Wow that boss battle with Kronos, are we fighting a mentally ill patient here?)

But still, I kind of like the game for some reason. XD

Back