Why do you believe what you believe?

I don't need to explain or excuse any reason why I believe anything to anyone but myself. My spiritual and philosophical beliefs are at times, intensely private. Some of it I can share, such as the drumming, and the powwows, which are a cultural and spiritual experience. But otherwise, I do not feel comfortable talking about these things.
I think topics like this can quickly turn into flame wars and shit storms.

Can infinity start itself?
This is why I said infinite "loop" to give you an example, not necessarily the mathematical term for infinity. You see how a loop or the line of a circle has no beginning or end to it really? It's sort of like that. I mean in our perception there are cycles of creation and destruction going on around us constantly, life and death, the circle of life if you will ;) . If there were to be an actual beginning to existence then it would follow that it would have to have an ending as well, and that would defy logic because there can never be absolutely nothing at all. There is no perceiving in absolute nothingness. I personally think that existence as a whole has no beginning or end to it, hence why I said it is like an infinite "loop". Essentially everything is happening all at once there is no time. Time is something created by the perceiving conscious being to explain the changes in our perception of our current reality that we experience. To give you an example of this, think about when you dream in your sleep. People claim that often their dreams are much longer or shorter in their head than they are in our reality. We currently judge time by the movements of our planet and other matter in our solar system (like the sun). What if those things did not exist to help us perceive time frames? People could judge by their bodies aging perhaps, but what if we didn't age? Time is just like any other thing that we perceive in existence, it is not outside of existence nor does it dictate or control it in any way, it is merely a perceptual judgement that takes place within it.
Jackofalltrades mentioned some things about nature vs. nurture in some previous post and from what I have learned in our reality it really shouldn't even be versus, it is both environment and genetics that affect human development. My major in college was psychology and child/human development, so I was able to study a lot of aspects of how our brains work and how environment and genetics/evolution affects things. I personally was raised around catholics and christians, and I have read different versions of the bible. I've also had many first-hand experiences with many other religions. I've studied anthropology, philosophy, psychology, religions, etc....(all aspects of known life) for over 10 years of my life so far. I was one of those kids that used to read the encyclopedia for fun :cool: hahah. Anyways... hahah from what I have learned about our physical, mental, and spiritual aspects and our perceptions of reality and existence I have come to this theory I have been talking of. If you don't agree with the theory that's completely fine (even though it sort of includes all theories as possible in a way hahah) I am just stating my own opinion, and for me this theory seems the most logical and has been helpful to me in realizing how important my existence is to me, and it has made me a stronger person mentally and helped me to better appreciate every experience I have to the fullest whether it be good or bad in my perception.

This is why I said infinite "loop" to give you an example, not necessarily the mathematical term for infinity. You see how a loop or the line of a circle has no beginning or end to it really? It's sort of like that. I mean in our perception there are cycles of creation and destruction going on around us constantly, life and death, the circle of life if you will ;) . If there were to be an actual beginning to existence then it would follow that it would have to have an ending as well, and that would defy logic because there can never be absolutely nothing at all. There is no perceiving in absolute nothingness. I personally think that existence as a whole has no beginning or end to it, hence why I said it is like an infinite "loop". Essentially everything is happening all at once there is no time. Time is something created by the perceiving conscious being to explain the changes in our perception of our current reality that we experience. To give you an example of this, think about when you dream in your sleep. People claim that often their dreams are much longer or shorter in their head than they are in our reality. We currently judge time by the movements of our planet and other matter in our solar system (like the sun). What if those things did not exist to help us perceive time frames? People could judge by their bodies aging perhaps, but what if we didn't age? Time is just like any other thing that we perceive in existence, it is not outside of existence nor does it dictate or control it in any way, it is merely a perceptual judgement that takes place within it.
Jackofalltrades mentioned some things about nature vs. nurture in some previous post and from what I have learned in our reality it really shouldn't even be versus, it is both environment and genetics that affect human development. My major in college was psychology and child/human development, so I was able to study a lot of aspects of how our brains work and how environment and genetics/evolution affects things. I personally was raised around catholics and christians, and I have read different versions of the bible. I've also had many first-hand experiences with many other religions. I've studied anthropology, philosophy, psychology, religions, etc....(all aspects of known life) for over 10 years of my life so far. I was one of those kids that used to read the encyclopedia for fun :cool: hahah. Anyways... hahah from what I have learned about our physical, mental, and spiritual aspects and our perceptions of reality and existence I have come to this theory I have been talking of. If you don't agree with the theory that's completely fine (even though it sort of includes all theories as possible in a way hahah) I am just stating my own opinion, and for me this theory seems the most logical and has been helpful to me in realizing how important my existence is to me, and it has made me a stronger person mentally and helped me to better appreciate every experience I have to the fullest whether it be good or bad in my perception.
We are all eternal beings. I agree with you there. I also agree that we all perceive things in different ways because how one mind thinks differently than another, and how we all have different experiences (and share many as well, of course :)). We also all effect one another by our interactions with other people, such as at our jobs, at college, or with friends. Where you and me differ however, is you view your purpose as appreciating existence, while I view my purpose as serving the One who created my existence. I'm not saying we shouldn't appreciate life (far from it!) but what I am saying is that there is more to it than that. Do you think that maybe there can be more to life than simply living itself?

We are all eternal beings. I agree with you there. I also agree that we all perceive things in different ways because how one mind thinks differently than another, and how we all have different experiences (and share many as well, of course :)). We also all effect one another by our interactions with other people, such as at our jobs, at college, or with friends. Where you and me differ however, is you view your purpose as appreciating existence, while I view my purpose as serving the One who created my existence. I'm not saying we shouldn't appreciate life (far from it!) but what I am saying is that there is more to it than that. Do you think that maybe there can be more to life than simply living itself?
I don't think my purpose is JUST to appreciate existence lol I believe my purpose is whatever I make it to be. My purpose in life is to enjoy the experiences I am a part of and help to make positive experiences in the lives of others as well. I don't want to spend my life as a servant to anyone or worshiper of anyone, I prefer to spend my life as a creator and promoter of beauty, love, and joy for others and myself. You say "Do you think that maybe there can be more to life than simply living itself?", this is where I think you misunderstood some of my theory. Basically when I say anything that is perceivable does exist in some way shape or form, that means if you believe in a deity then that deity exists, if you believe in dragons then they exist, if you perceive anything then anything you perceive does exist, BUT you or we may not have the physical and/or mental capabilities to experience those things in our current perceptions of our specific reality we are a part of. I think life is what you make it to be for yourself with the tools you have available. It's not just simply living itself, being a part of existence itself is something different that just simply living your life. To give you an example, think of all of existence as one giant book of stories, your life is one of those stories in that book. Existence includes EVERYTHING nothing is outside of it otherwise it wouldn't exist obviously.... Anyways, your story/life is completely unique from any other story in that book of existence even if it's just the tiniest difference from anothers, and without your story the book of existence would be incomplete, and therefore not including everything. So your story and every other's story is very important and full of purpose because without them the book of existence would be incomplete. So you see there IS a lot more to it than simply just living your life, your life/experiences are that small piece in the puzzle that is existence and without you the picture that the puzzle makes wouldn't be complete. It always makes me a bit sad when people say things like "there must be more to life" when they hear my theory or that they prefer to serve or worship a certain deity and what not, because you are essentially saying your life has no value to you if you think about it. It's like they take so many aspects of life for granted, I mean look at the range of perception you are given as a human being. You can touch and feel things physically and emotionally, you can ponder vast concepts, you can smell, taste, see, and hear things. There are so many things you already have access to in the form you are born into. Then to say it's not good enough and wish for something beyond these great abilities that we already have, or to restrict your own life and free will to be a servant or worshiper of some being created by your fellow humans. I mean, I find the greatest happiness, strength, and purpose within myself as I think everyone should, because we are ALL the creators and destroyers of our reality.

Hah... I'm sorry I don't mean to sound offensive or anything, or to belittle your views or anything. I just get emotional on the subject because it really does make me sad when people think so little of themselves, and their lives and abilities. Being a perceiving conscious being is one of the greatest experiences one can be a part of, and yet so many treat it like it is "just a simple thing" or like it's not worth anything... I'm sorry, I really don't want to be one of those people pushing my opinions on to others, I really do not wish to be a part of any drama or conflict over any of this. I believe what I do because of the things I have learned and experienced in my life so it's my own answer. If you don't agree with it that's ok and I will leave it at that, because everyone has their own opinions. I would prefer not to get into an argument and I am not writing any of this to try and "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. I just wanted to share my opinion with others so they could get a better idea of who I am and how I think, sharing a part of myself in an offering of friendship if you will... So I hope I haven't caused any negativity with the things I have written, and I hope one day everyone can find happiness, strength, and purpose within themselves if they haven't already done so. *hugs for everyone* :biggrin:

Don't think about Polar bears.

Also, Don't think about bears as a term for big hairy gay men.

Don't think about this for lets say.... 2 minutes.

Don't think I just warped you view on Polar Bears... or that I am now your King.

Don't read these statements over and over again.

I am a man of science. Mostly, the things I was taught in school seemed more practical than what I learned about any major organized religion believes in; and I am not trying to offend anyone.

I say all of this with a loving heart and I am not trying belittle you in any way. Forgive any bluntness I may have; I like to get to the point of things quickly. :p

I don't think my purpose is JUST to appreciate existence lol I believe my purpose is whatever I make it to be. My purpose in life is to enjoy the experiences I am a part of and help to make positive experiences in the lives of others as well. I don't want to spend my life as a servant to anyone or worshiper of anyone, I prefer to spend my life as a creator and promoter of beauty, love, and joy for others and myself.
We all should appreciate life. :) However, there are some contradictions I find here.

You don't want to serve anyone, and yet you want to serve others by making positive experiences in the lives of others. Also, you don't want to worship anyone, and yet you worship the humanities and our emotions.

As emotional creatures, humans can tend to overemphasize their sentiments to the point of being an idol. For example, the poet who worships nothing more than his feelings, or the artist who worships beauty as his god: both are elevating their mental state as their driving force (I'm not saying the majority of poets or artists are like this, I'm just giving you some examples to make things easier to understand). I believe we exist for more than perceiving and experiencing.

You say "Do you think that maybe there can be more to life than simply living itself?", this is where I think you misunderstood some of my theory. Basically when I say anything that is perceivable does exist in some way shape or form, that means if you believe in a deity then that deity exists, if you believe in dragons then they exist, if you perceive anything then anything you perceive does exist, BUT you or we may not have the physical and/or mental capabilities to experience those things in our current perceptions of our specific reality we are a part of. I think life is what you make it to be for yourself with the tools you have available. It's not just simply living itself, being a part of existence itself is something different that just simply living your life.
So, I believe God exists. Does that mean He does, in fact, exist? I can't perceive Him with my senses like sight or hearing, but I believe He's there.

Also, if what we believe is our reality does that make it an absolute? I don't think it does. For example, you're driving down the road at a fast speed. You notice that you are approaching a red traffic light. From your point of view, you don't see any cars. Should you run the light? Most people would not; not only because it's against the law but also for their own safety. What if another car was driving just as fast as you and crossed you at the intersection before you could react? The reason why you would not drive through the red light is because you perceive that a car may cross that intersection when you do, thereby causing a tragic collision.

But if reality is how we perceive it and what we make of it, then why not just believe that that there will be no cars at the intersection when we pass it? Well, because there are absolutes in the universe. We know that there is a high chance that a car will be driving through that intersection, and that if we drive along anyway and crash into that car, we may die. It's this harsh reality that keeps us from doing dangerous things.

You said you studied in psychology. That's great! :) Now, let's put that to use. Say, you were a psychiatrist and a patient who had schizophrenia told you that smurfs were going to take him away. What would be your response? If reality is how we perceive it, and if we believe something to exist makes it exist, then should you tell him that the delusions he is having are real? Of course not, because a psychiatrist would try and help the patient realize the actual reality of the situation and may prescribe him a medicine to help with the process.

To give you an example, think of all of existence as one giant book of stories, your life is one of those stories in that book. Existence includes EVERYTHING nothing is outside of it otherwise it wouldn't exist obviously.... Anyways, your story/life is completely unique from any other story in that book of existence even if it's just the tiniest difference from anothers, and without your story the book of existence would be incomplete, and therefore not including everything. So your story and every other's story is very important and full of purpose because without them the book of existence would be incomplete. So you see there IS a lot more to it than simply just living your life, your life/experiences are that small piece in the puzzle that is existence and without you the picture that the puzzle makes wouldn't be complete.
So, who wrote this book? :p

It always makes me a bit sad when people say things like "there must be more to life" when they hear my theory or that they prefer to serve or worship a certain deity and what not, because you are essentially saying your life has no value to you if you think about it. It's like they take so many aspects of life for granted, I mean look at the range of perception you are given as a human being. You can touch and feel things physically and emotionally, you can ponder vast concepts, you can smell, taste, see, and hear things. There are so many things you already have access to in the form you are born into. Then to say it's not good enough and wish for something beyond these great abilities that we already have, or to restrict your own life and free will to be a servant or worshiper of some being created by your fellow humans. I mean, I find the greatest happiness, strength, and purpose within myself as I think everyone should, because we are ALL the creators and destroyers of our reality.
I believe life does have value whether you are saved by God's grace or not. If you are not saved, God still loves you immensely. He created you and wants you to come to Him. And if you are saved, then you can go to heaven one day, and while you are still on earth, God can use you to bring glory to Him and happiness and fulfillment to other people. :)

As human beings, we can and will sometimes take things for granted, but as a Christian, I realize that every breath I breathe is given to me by God, and that everything that I have is a blessing from Him, and that everything that has happened to me is according to His will and is for my good. A bit optimistic? As a Christian, God is the source of my optimism. He is the only one who can provide true happiness.

You said you read some of the Bible before. Good! :) Please read these verses from John 4:1-14:

Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John—although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

Now he had to go through Samaria. So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

You see? As humans, we will continue to thirst for true happiness until we quench that thirst with the one who is the Living Water, Jesus. The woman in this story wanted physical water. After she drank her fill and thereafter became thirsty again, she knew she would have to come to the well again for more. But God was offering her a kind of "water" that will never make her thirst again... the "water" for her soul.

Do you thirst for happiness?

Hah... I'm sorry I don't mean to sound offensive or anything, or to belittle your views or anything. I just get emotional on the subject because it really does make me sad when people think so little of themselves, and their lives and abilities. Being a perceiving conscious being is one of the greatest experiences one can be a part of, and yet so many treat it like it is "just a simple thing" or like it's not worth anything... I'm sorry, I really don't want to be one of those people pushing my opinions on to others, I really do not wish to be a part of any drama or conflict over any of this. I believe what I do because of the things I have learned and experienced in my life so it's my own answer. If you don't agree with it that's ok and I will leave it at that, because everyone has their own opinions. I would prefer not to get into an argument and I am not writing any of this to try and "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. I just wanted to share my opinion with others so they could get a better idea of who I am and how I think, sharing a part of myself in an offering of friendship if you will... So I hope I haven't caused any negativity with the things I have written, and I hope one day everyone can find happiness, strength, and purpose within themselves if they haven't already done so. *hugs for everyone* :biggrin:
Discussions like these are the most important things we can talk about. I'm glad that you are putting in the time to have this conversation with me, and I can see you have put in a lot of thinking into your beliefs. I hope we can continue this discussion in good faith and be able to express our thoughts and feelings on the subject... to better understand why we believe what we believe. ;)

*hugs*

I say all of this with a loving heart and I am not trying belittle you in any way. Forgive any bluntness I may have; I like to get to the point of things quickly. :p
We all should appreciate life. :) However, there are some contradictions I find here.
You don't want to serve anyone, and yet you want to serve others by making positive experiences in the lives of others. Also, you don't want to worship anyone, and yet you worship the humanities and our emotions.
I don't mind having conversations like these if the person... I don't know... I don't want to say understands my examples.... I don't know what it is... but for some reason to me it seems like you don't take the same meanings from certain words that I put forth that I do in the context of what I am writing. To me when I hear or read that someone wants to be a "servant to god" for example... I think of it in a negative way... like a slave, because I do not agree with a lot of the attributes that god is said to have, and some of the rules god puts forth. God is also a concept created by man, just like many other religions or concepts, so really I don't mind helping others in a way to provide "service" to them as long as I do not find it to be something that I personally consider a "bad thing". I just don't want to be a servant to a belief system I don't agree with for my personal way of thought. Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. I am not religious, and I don't consider existence to be a deity or being of any sort, and I only stated how awesome I thought it is and how thankful I am to be a part of it. Existence is not something that can be created... I will repeat this in another way now so that maybe you will understand my meaning better as well. Existence IS everything... it is a constant, it was not created, it just always is, by the term for it, if anything was outside of existence... it would absolutely NOT exist... so, everything is included in existence. Language is an interesting thing, to label a concept and define it with words that are just more labels for objects, emotions, and other things. I can see how information and understanding are hard things to come by, especially in conversations about deep things like life, it can be difficult seeing the meanings another person is trying to convey with words or what more personal meaning those words have to another person. The questioning replies you give to my posts are answered in the post itself, but I think you're choosing to focus on certain parts you don't accept according to your personal bias on the topic rather than the whole concept I am putting forth. It's like for example if we were talking about world cultures and certain traditions and you replied to my post on a certain cultures way of life with remarks heavily soaked with ethnocentrism questioning the validity of their culture. I don't want this to sound negative at all but it's like I am talking about a concept that is "outside the box" and you're trying to apply it to something that is "inside the box". Also I sort of wrote that last post to end the discussions on my opinion of the conversation, because I said I didn't want to be a part of any arguments (I don't mean necessarily a hostile argument I mean like a debate on the subject as well) at the moment. Like I said in the previous post I just wanted to share my opinion, not press it on others, so I was hoping there wouldn't be more adding to this lol. It is clear to me that you have your views set and mine are different, so I would rather just agree to disagree on this subject with you, no offense or anything I don't wish for any hostility, I mean I have plenty of friends that believe in god or other things even, we just don't talk about these sorts of things because it's one of those subjects where people can get more intense I guess you could say hahha. Thank you for taking the time to discuss some of it though, I am honored that anyone would read my thoughts lol

In a very vague nutshell.

Gods as religion describes/believes in them = farce.

Gods as defined by science fiction i think could be possible. We could have lifeforms in the vast emptiness of space that we have never met capable of miracles.

We need to quit worshiping deities as a whole society in either case.

I believe there are vast worlds that hold life, and I believe in the next 100 years we'll prove that. I hope it happens before I die.

I do not believe in a heaven or hell, or any form of afterlife. As it was before you were born (at least to me, i cant claim to have any prior life memories), I will cease conscious existence when I die. My being will snuff out and whoever I am will be gone. My body will be worm food, and I won't know anything about being dead or have being been alive, I will never have another thought. It's not a glorious future, so that's why I'm enjoying my life now.

Gods as defined by science fiction i think could be possible. We could have lifeforms in the vast emptiness of space that we have never met capable of miracles.

I believe there are vast worlds that hold life, and I believe in the next 100 years we'll prove that. I hope it happens before I die.

I do not believe in a heaven or hell, or any form of afterlife. As it was before you were born (at least to me, i cant claim to have any prior life memories), I will cease conscious existence when I die. My being will snuff out and whoever I am will be gone. My body will be worm food, and I won't know anything about being dead or have being been alive, I will never have another thought. It's not a glorious future, so that's why I'm enjoying my life now.
Truthfully I don't even understand why someone would wish to exist forever. Those that could even get into a place similar to heaven would eventually go insane simply for existing so long and experiencing so much. ( Or even from getting bored. )

It's not a glorious future.
Who knows, maybe it is? Or maybe we are just test subjects like 3vans said..... :confused:

We can't really say if religion is true or not, because we our selves do not have proof that he does NOT exist. Maybe there IS a creator out there, just the Bible doesn't explain it so well.....

And though the Bible may have been "scientifically proven false", it may be right in way.....

And because we do not know if such things exist or do not exist or that such things are right or wrong, i say we just let people believe what they want to believe. We be like Templars if we force people to give up stuff just for "order".....

Who knows, maybe it is? Or maybe we are just test subjects like 3vans said..... :confused:

We can't really say if religion is true or not, because we our selves do not have proof that he does NOT exist. Maybe there IS a creator out there, just the Bible doesn't explain it so well.....

And though the Bible may have been "scientifically proven false", it may be right in way.....

And because we do not know if such things exist or do not exist or that such things are right or wrong, i say we just let people believe what they want to believe. We be like Templars if we force people to give up stuff just for "order".....

i shared my beliefs, thats all :p.. People can believe in whatever they want, merely was expressing my view of it.

I do however have one gripe.. im sure all religions have warped views of others, but i get a LOT of christians that have thought because im an atheist that I worship satan.. its like :chan:

WTFisThisShit.png

Meh. I don't see the harm in believing something unprovable, as long as you don't use it to justify causing harm.

This is exactly how I feel.
I don't know much about space or the extent of our species' knowledge of space, but I'm pretty sure we don't actually know exactly how big the universe is. This means there's pretty much infinite space that could be inhabited by other life forms, and in my opinion, it would be far more unlikely for us to be the only beings of our level of consciousness in the universe. I agree that religion's view of 'God' or various 'Gods' is ridiculous, and personally I've decided not to believe they exist. However, that's not to say that there isn't any kind of life 'out there' that has similar abilities to what many people think of as 'God.'
During our time on earth there have been many people that have claimed to see 'aliens' or something that doesn't appear to be from our world, and some are simply unexplainable. I do believe however that many are hoaxes, and that some are just crazy people that ignore logic just to believe it was aliens. I say this at the risk of being listed as batshit crazy, but I believe that there must have been some instances of 'aliens' making contact with earth that are completely genuine. I would imagine any other life forms wanting to observe us would probably attempt to remain hidden, but hey, everyone fucks up sometimes. Extending this idea, if we've only been aware of them when they've fucked up, (assuming 'they' exist) how much have they done/seen that we're completely unaware of?
Anyway, all of this is far fetched and pure speculation. It would be nice to believe that there is something else other than us in the universe, and going back to Tbarius' post, I really do hope we find more proof of life 'out there' in my lifetime.
Also, inb4
aliens.jpg

Personally, another reason I've stopped talking about my spiritual beliefs, is because I'm tired of either Atheists treating me like I'm stupid for having a nature-based spirituality, or Christians thinking I'm a sinner. And sadly, more often than not, I get crap from Atheists. If I so much as mentioned anything vaguely religious or spiritual around my ex, he would interject with 'It's fake". Didn't even let me explain a theory, or an idea. Because if it wasn't what he believed in, it was automatically trash.
Everyone complains that their belief system is the one being oppressed, while belittling and repressing the beliefs of others in turn. It's irritating. I'm going to believe what I want. I am not stupid or ignorant for believing in the balance of nature, and the connection my people have with the earth. I'm continuing my ancestor's ways, and keeping my culture from dying, while practicing something that gives me comfort and strength. I am not forcing my ways on others, or telling people that they're way is wrong, so maybe, just maybe, people should stop riding my ass about it. (No one here is doing that, I just mean in general).

Personally, another reason I've stopped talking about my spiritual beliefs, is because I'm tired of either Atheists treating me like I'm stupid for having a nature-based spirituality, or Christians thinking I'm a sinner. And sadly, more often than not, I get crap from Atheists. If I so much as mentioned anything vaguely religious or spiritual around my ex, he would interject with 'It's fake". Didn't even let me explain a theory, or an idea. Because if it wasn't what he believed in, it was automatically trash.
Everyone complains that their belief system is the one being oppressed, while belittling and repressing the beliefs of others in turn. It's irritating. I'm going to believe what I want. I am not stupid or ignorant for believing in the balance of nature, and the connection my people have with the earth. I'm continuing my ancestor's ways, and keeping my culture from dying, while practicing something that gives me comfort and strength. I am not forcing my ways on others, or telling people that they're way is wrong, so maybe, just maybe, people should stop riding my ass about it. (No one here is doing that, I just mean in general).

as an atheist, i apologize for my brethren being complete twats.. Lots seem to be so pissed off from their religious experience, that not believing in something has made them just as much assholes as the "CAN I TLAK TO YOU ABOUT JESUS?" people.

Back