Your Gamertag

MagicForDummies

Since the dawn of online gaming, we've all been looking for that special name to identify us, something that defines us as we kill, destroy, pwn and shock the beejeebuz out of the masses who step foot into the arena. Which brings me to the conclusion.... How did your Gamer name originate?

Er... well I was playing Guild Wars for 2 years-ish and I wanted a kick ass name for the PVP arenas. I saw many funny names like ... Bucking Fitch, Hexual Harrassment, Run-little-man etc. Those funny names inspired me much. So yeah... I used Mesmers, a profession where they excel at countering both spells and attacks but are weaker when people know how to react under their spells.

So i spent a good half an hour staring at the Name box thinking it through until I decided MagicForDummies. I've stuck with it ever since and actually received non-sarcastic compliments from the random folk at Guild Wars.

MAGICFORDUMMIES IS MAH NAME !!

well, the one I have for here is just my nickname. as for my guildwars account I happened to be watching "its a wonderful life" and decided on clarance for some strange reason

Fawkes
images
+
images
a Hawk = Hawke!

I was making a WoW character and was like "uhhhh M..... Ma..... Mal..... Malin..... Malinax..? Yea Malinax."

I was 9 years old and was about to make my first account ever. I was going to make a character on Runescape. Yes you heard (read?) me. Runescape. My cousin said some random name and I fell in love with it. Yukyduky567. After a couple of years it developed into just Yukyduky which I've stuck with ever since:) Hooray!

Mine doesn't have the word 'speical' to it.

I got my first xbox when I was like..13'ish or so?

And I was at school, dreaded school. My dad was wiring up the xbox to live and making sure it was all connected the first time he bought it for Christmas.

And when I got back, i was literally 10 seconds late from him already creating a new name.

' Mdukey' . He likes duke blue devils in basketball, so that's where a duke part of it came from. The m and y, seriously I have no clue. People told me it's a weird name because it means something.. else..

<_<

I was 9 years old and was about to make my first account ever. I was going to make a character on Runescape. Yes you heard (read?) me. Runescape. My cousin said some random name and I fell in love with it. Yukyduky567. After a couple of years it developed into just Yukyduky which I've stuck with ever since:) Hooray!
I created my first ever gamertag for Runescape as well, at about age 8-9 :D It was MacMaukka, the Mac coming from MacGyver and Maukka being my nickname.

Haha, <3 this thread

My gamername was made for fly for fun (flyff) after i graduated from hurlstone agricultural high school (Hahs) in the year 2009.
Friends all call me Leon (shortened from Leonit <--Russian if anyone was curious). Thus the name hahz09leon was made.
The 'z' is for originality :D

Mine doesn't have the word 'speical' to it.

I got my first xbox when I was like..13'ish or so?

And I was at school, dreaded school. My dad was wiring up the xbox to live and making sure it was all connected the first time he bought it for Christmas.

And when I got back, i was literally 10 seconds late from him already creating a new name.

' Mdukey' . He likes duke blue devils in basketball, so that's where a duke part of it came from. The m and y, seriously I have no clue. People told me it's a weird name because it means something.. else..

<_<

That's very strange... I thought your name had everything to do with Bleach... or Ichigo or something like that.

This has definitely been done before here --> http://www.team9000.net/threads/nicknames.3997/ <--

however I will repeat myself.

Way back when I made the switch from halo1 into halo2 on XBL I used the gamertag YourLiberator, and then I quit XBL forgot my credentials and didn't feel like calling XBL support to renew and I just stopped playing on XBL....so I switched to Liberator137 when I started playing runescape.....and then my RS account got hacked and I lost a lot of stuff and just stopped playing for about 4 months....when I started playing again I just created the new account and made the upgrade to Godliberator.....I have since stopped playing RS and just kept the Gamertag with every game and forum I went to.

I also recently found out that a buddy of mine continues to use my old account of Liberator137 on runescape and that account is currently in the top 2000 players.

my old xbox gamertag was i are gifted, but then i quit xbox and transfered over to pc gaming so i took something from the "pc" world, narwhal from the narwhals song, and put the two together.
i also name myself giftednarnars in some other things.
idk its just sumthing thats as retarded as me

I created my first ever gamertag for Runescape as well, at about age 8-9 :D It was MacMaukka, the Mac coming from MacGyver and Maukka being my nickname.

My T9K name is Creeper (epic name) and Venasaur (my other T9K acc), but its not the name I go by in the gaming community.

I made up the name Ryhogon on the spot while creating an Adventure Quest account back in 2005. I've stuck with it ever since.

I use(d) it for...
Runescape
Club Penguin (yes.)
Runes of Magic
XBL
Steam
and the previously mentioned Adventure Quest (Battleon).

So thats the tale of Ryhogon for ya.

Well, to be honest, I don't know why I picked this name, it just has a ring to it, so yeah.. I also like wolves if you haven't already figured out...
But the weird thing about this is that people call me chinchilla o_o

twas a day when i received my xbox360, i was thinking of a name and the first thing that came to mind was skryter, which apparently means *brags* in another language.

Well, Vorsprung has a Lot of imagination to it.
Nah, jokes, really, the sources are abstract.
The car brand Audi's motto is "Vorsprung durch Technik', which means 'pursuit of excellence', or something. I thought that any which way you put that, Vorsprung must mean something cool. Also, one of my favourite bands is Blur (mainly 'cos I love Gorillaz, and Damon Albarn was in Blur before Gorillaz). A line in the song 'Parklife' goes "...It's got nothin' to do wit' your 'Vorsprung derrch Technique' ya know." And thus Vorsprung became my name.

Mine...is very simple. Just named after a character >.> My signature is a link to the wiki article.

Back