• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Zone11

MinerJuco

NEW TOWN FOUNDED

A new city has been established in the Team9000 community. This city is the first in CLASSIC introducing a 'LOT' system. We hope through the understanding of this thread and the co-operation of the community we can achieve a city worthy of glory and pride amongst the wider MineCraft community.

Each building that is built in the city must be built for some reason. This means you can't just build a shell and forget about it. The idea behind the city is for it to be completely full; the street names will eventually be added to a road map so peoples buildings are expected to have names and purposes. Also this gives players the ability to have more fun in the city exploring or role-playing.

You will see in Zone11 that the ground has been coloured with 4 different colours. These colours ARE THE ONLY PLACE IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN BUILD! YOU MUST NOT BUILD OFF OF THESE AREAS! These colours represent specific zoning in which the building that is created must be in accordance to. The four different zones are as follows:

GREEN: Residential
BLUE: Commercial
YELLOW: Industrial
RE:eek: Government

Note: Buildings can not be built on government lots unless direct permission is given via application for the area.

Also a system of neighbourhoods have been introduced and pre-planned. The reason for this is to create different atmospheres inside the city hoping to bring the city to life. The below pictures shows the map of the city showing it's various neighbourhoods.

NEIGHBOURHOODMAPFINAL.jpg

The picture below is a selection of concepts of the buildings that could be found in the corresponding neighbourhood. Note this is not a communist dictatorship, you are free to create what you wish, but your creation must reflect it's corresponding neighbourhood.

A-ZBuildings.png

Note that all of these pictures are done by 1x1 pixel/block in Paint. If you wish to recreate or use any of these images that is fine.

NEIGHBOURHOOD BACKGROUNDS:
Below is a description of each neighbourhood. Please take care in understanding where the borders of the neighbourhoods are, they are not drawn into the map but are reflected in the difference of the areas. Also the HEIGHT LIMIT is integral to making the overall city look good. You don't need to build a tall building to be boss. Also the height limit is the ABSOLUTE EXTREME and it is HIGHLY UN-RECOMMENDED to build to the extreme height limit.

LEGEN:eek:
Height Limit:
This is the LIMIT and not the desired height of your building. Please do not build to the limit as it will ruin the global effect.
Wealth:
This determines the general beauty of the buildings in the neighbourhood. It's a cruel world, but someones gotta slum it/run it.
Era:
This determines when your building was kind of built to try and help the continuity of the global effect. This also may constitute using different materials depending on what was used at the time.

A
At the northern end of the 9000 Expressway sits the community of A. It has an endearing quality of being the pioneering neighbourhood. The central aspect of A is the commercial shopping area along the northern main street and the residential areas in the south. This area will be mostly low level buildings.

Height Limit: 16
Wealth: $$
Era: 1900-1920

B
On the west bank of the dam feed is B, boasting a good price for modest old housing near the water, however the small industrial area lowers the social happiness of the area. To the south the Northbank Projects look out over the expressway and marks the northern gate of the city.

Wealth: $$$
Era: 1900-1950

C
High Rise apartments and high class department stores are all you will find in C as it is the city cultural and religious hub. The Cathedral on the bank of the River is the main attraction and the buildings around are all of carefully designed gothic style.

Height Limit: 48
Wealth: $$$$
Era: 1850-1950

D
Being on the west side of the Expressway has always offered good transportation options for D providing the big factories in the neighbourhood have good logistic abilities. The terraced housing in the area provides housing for the factories and also the city.

Height Limit: 24
Wealth: $
Era: 1950-1980

E
Owning real estate in this neighbourhood will cost any crafter a fair amount as this is the central business offices for the majority of the city. This area is rich in history and is built nestled in the crook of the Express Way. In the centre of the area is the famous Opera House surrounded by the Ancient Gardens. To the east bordering the park adjacent the Museum is the Town Hall. This area also has the central train station linking the two lines.

Height Limit: "Keep It Tame" Max
Wealth: $$$$$
Era: 1850-2000

F
This neighbourhood is based around a central park square which is home to the Memorial Museum and Domain Lake. Along the edges of the park you will find the tallest of all the buildings in the City with all of the companiestrying to make their mark.

Height Limit: "I'm The Man" Max
Era: Any

G
This western suburb has a selection of industrial areas and residential developments all based around a large connection of developer alley ways and parking lots. It is known to have a darker side to it but the local police say that the area is on the clean up.

Era: 1970+

H
This is the big brother neighbourhood to the smaller suburb to the west. The closer proximity to the centre city has enticed bigger residential developments though the area still retains a darker side.

Height Limit: 32
Era:1960+

I
The smallest of all neighbourhoods is run by a cartel of criminals that is untouched by all authority of the city.

Height Limit: ?
Era: ?

J
The south city of J is cut to the north by the Expressway segregating it and making it it's own sub-city. These Downtown buildings are nestled between the main port to the east.

Height Limit: "Low Key" Max
Era: 1920-1970

K
A suburb in Industry Isle is much the same as the next except this one has a vital recycling plant and waste plant!
Industry Builds are hard! Don't mess it up! Factories are generally wider than they are taller except their smoke stacks etc! Always remember your logistic options!

L
A suburb in Industry Isle is much the same as the next except this one has a fire station to the east!
Industry Builds are hard! Don't mess it up! Factories are generally wider than they are taller except their smoke stacks etc! Always remember your logistic options!

M
A suburb in Industry Isle is much the same as the next except this one has the a Nuclear Power Plant!

N
A suburb in Industry Isle is much the same as the next except this one has a large industrial train depot!

On O through to S
On the south island most of the immigrants have moved in bringing their ethnic vibe to the comunity. Though the areas wealth is poor the old buildings have been brought to life by the diversity of the cultures. in these neighbourhoods different world architectures and flags can be portrayed in homage to the players home countries. Remember this must be all done very tastefully.

Height Limit: Medium - "Low Key" Max
Era: 1920-1970

O Various Countries of The Middle East and Africa

P Various Countries of Asia

Q Various Countries of Europe

R Various Countries of The Pacific

S Various Countries of The Americas

T
Condominiums of the rich and famous look out over the river towards the city of this neighbourhood which is fed by its main artery that links the City Stadium to the Great Dam Road. This area is said to have some of the best shopping and nightlife in town.

Height Limit: "Low Key" Max
Era: 1920+

U
This section of town is set out for developers keen to build a movie studio and it's corporate headquarters.

V
Built on the pallisades of the Great Dam, V is home to some of the citys' richest people attributing the fine architecture of the area. The great northern park sits under the dam with a fine view of treasure island.

Era: 1940+

W
All of the facilities for the North Town are found in this central locale. Having good facilities means having good business and trade so this means a general all round nice area.

Wealth: $$$
Era: 1960+

X
The far eastern suburb of X is a beautiful residential area with many parks and greenery.

Era: Older Mansions

Y
The north eastern suburb of Y shares the highest property value in North Town with its neighbour to the west.

Era: Newer Mansions

Z
This suburb is home to only the most richest of all in the city. Only very few will be allowed to build here. Look out for my super hero cave.

Era: Whatever you dam want player.

CONDITIONS TO BUILD

This map is WHITE-LISTED meaning you will have to apply for your right to build here. People will be chosen on their skill of building architecturally sound buildings. An application should consist of a selection of screenshots of buildings that you have created. Other fun things to include could be ideas of what you would like to build and your company name etc.

If your building is not accepted by the building inspectors of the government it will be subject to demolition unless changes are made in accordance to the building regulations of the neighbourhood.

Well we hope you enjoy the infrastructure all of us have put in first. We hope it is easy to find your way around. Please stick to the rules and by-jingos we will have something epic at the end. So epic most will cry. To make it more epic remember free running is epic. Whoever can do the longest free run track over building tops is the man. Thats the only reason I came up with this whole thing ;) Please do not apply in this thread, I will start another thread dedicated to applications.

If you wish to see the city from above click the below link:
http://classic.team9000.net/Zone11/

Peace and have fun!
MinerJuco

Too many rules. Stick to guidelines not strict building orders. That's my 2 cents.

Simply put:

Cities have ghettos, cities have upper class.

That's what we are trying to create - diversity. If you haven't played SimCity then your not going to understand it at all probably. It's called town-planning. I don't know if anyones heard of it. Have you even been onto Zone11 Hawke?

so far this themed zone seems to be the most complicated and well thought out zone and I do believe it will turn out awesome.

I always thought I would use this thread as a place where people can express ideas which they would like to see in the city. I mean we have a spleef arena, what other interesting aspects could we build into the city.

If you notice one of the neighbourhoods is a film studio, what we can do here is build sets and stage shows and maybe get people cast in them. I don't know, I suppose it's out there, but it's just what this city's level of detail and size can achieve.

I also saw someone posted people having a checkers match, that is awesome. A chess board will be implemented in a park somewhere in the city so people know, like the spleef arena, there is a definite location for these amenities. Think of it as us building our own Liberty City or San Andreas world where we ourselves can build the excitement and thrill of our own surroundings.

Dude, it's good to see it's finally running.
'Cos I'm a greedy guy (or megalomanic, whatever, it works to my advantage), I'd like a house in E, F, X or Z. Preferably Z.
You know me dude!

Back