• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ban request: Marioman543216 [xray]

Jadex1

Hello,
Marioman543216 has clearly been using x-ray mods/texture packs which he admits to (see pictures below). It is clear he has not look at the rules properly, and so I believe he should be banned.

Attachments

• Marioman xray mod1.png
    Marioman xray mod1.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Marioman xray mod2.png
    Marioman xray mod2.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 190
  • marioman xray mod3.png
    marioman xray mod3.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Marioman xray mod4.png
    Marioman xray mod4.png
    303 KB · Views: 175
Ok so heres what had happend..
So I was kinda bored of torches so I Remembered I had a mod that only shed x2 Light which didn't have any effect. But then I remembered about the Xray Mod Blockout so I wanted to test it to just see if it didn't work for people who had Mods But I didn't want to have any diamonds I didn't want to have any harm done to the server I know it was a bad mistake. I have Read The rules but I uninstalled it the next 3 days after the light mod never worked.. (It only shed alittle light as much as one lava each 12 blocks so I didn't like it so I uninstalled it and went back to torches but I get that No MODS are allowed on T9K I am very sorry This will never happen again but any admin who wants me to be banned...

This may be my last day on survival/Classic Sorry...... -Marioman543216

I don't want anyone to be banned, but I think that you should follow the rules, and that those who do break them should be reported, so, sorry for this Marioman, but:
1) You shouldn't break the rules, especially if you have read them.
2) Being on the server for
doesn't give you any form of immunity.
3) How do WE know you
didn't want to have any diamonds
?

I don't want anyone to be banned, but I think that you should follow the rules, and that those who do break them should be reported, so, sorry for this Marioman, but:
1) You shouldn't break the rules, especially if you have read them.
2) Being on the server for doesn't give you any form of immunity.
3) How do WE know you ?
Jadex Mostly people use the Xray stuff for Diamonds But I didn't want to be a bad person and want to steal diamonds from T9k
2 Years.. Just says how long I've been here.

Jadex Mostly people use the Xray stuff for Diamonds But I didn't want to be a bad person and want to steal diamonds from T9k
2 Years.. Just says how long I've been here.

Again, not trying to be rude but how are we suppose to know that you didn't use it for diamonds and what your intentions (which don't matter) were? Also You shouldn't point out how long you've been here, that shouldn't matter. Someone could grief an entire town but could've played for years.

Again, not trying to be rude but how are we suppose to know that you didn't use it for diamonds and what your intentions (which don't matter) were? Also You shouldn't point out how long you've been here, that shouldn't matter. Someone could grief an entire town but could've played for years.
Because I wanted to test if the Xray mod T9k installed was working

https://wiki.team9000.net/Minecraft_Survival
Just pointing this out; Under the rules section, bannable offences may include "Hacks (Item Duplication, Fly hacks, Item hacks, memory editors, transparent textures, or any other cheat to give you an unfair advantage over other players)". If you have been playing for two years then
you should have a good idea of the rules (which you do)
I have Read The rules

Because I wanted to test if the Xray mod T9k installed was working
Then why would you test it on a server? A server which clearly states not to use Xray mods? Everyone on the server deserves a fair change, and that's tarnished when players use Xray mods to take resources.

Orebfuscator should solve any x-ray issues through altering packets sent from the server to the client and thus making x-ray unusable.

Ok so heres what had happend..
So I was kinda bored of torches so I Remembered I had a mod that only shed x2 Light which didn't have any effect. But then I remembered about the Xray Mod Blockout so I wanted to test it to just see if it didn't work for people who had Mods But I didn't want to have any diamonds I didn't want to have any harm done to the server I know it was a bad mistake. I have Read The rules but I uninstalled it the next 3 days after the light mod never worked..

It took you three days to realise?
Also you say that you did not want to hurt the server and yet in "Marioman xray mod4.png" you said that as you got closer to the diamonds they would disappear? So how would you find these diamonds then ?

It took you three days to realise?
Also you say that you did not want to hurt the server and yet in "Marioman xray mod4.png" you said that as you got closer to the diamonds they would disappear? So how would you find these diamonds then ?
I believe Orebfuscator makes it appear if diamond is there. And when you attempt to mine it, it reveals itself as stone.

LOL what I meant was - he told us it was an xray mod and not Orebfuscator.
No shit sherlock.

The SERVER has Orebfuscator to make xray-hacks useless by showing resources where they are not.

HE doesn't have Orebfuscator, that is not what I was talking about. I think you should look into what you're talking about before you make comments.

LOL what I meant was - he told us it was an xray mod and not Orebfuscator.
It could have easily have been faulty textures or a lie.

This plugin is used to counter X-RAY Client mods.

It modifies data that are sent to clients to hide blocks of your choice, such as Ore, chests, dungeons, etc.

It does not manipulate blocks in the world file, thus is safe to use.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

Orebfuscator is not a client mod. It is a server plugin that will change the data sent from the server, essentially removing the ability to view all the ores/block types below the earth by changing all the blocks under the visible surface into differing blocks. It's entirely random and not every block of a certain type is turned into the same block. The only way to reveal the true nature of a block is to expose it to air.

Back