Discussion thread about T9k's future

Speaking of Team9000's future, what ever happened to that video game that was in development? Is it still churning along in the background silently, or has it all but fallen apart?

Speaking of Team9000's future, what ever happened to that video game that was in development? Is it still churning along in the background silently, or has it all but fallen apart?
Which one? Woot's video game or the community's video game?

If T9000 indeed do fall apart i will stay till the end.

I might have become more and more inactive buts thats mostly because i feel i have nothing to give the community and i always have a feeling of not belonging or being a part of it, sadly thats the truth.

I hope for the best for the community and the people in it.

Sorry for this 'uncalled' message but i felt like i had to say something and this was the only thing i could say. Again i hope for this community to survive and thrive.

Superesse, novationem et prosperabitur.

I honestly have no clue. As Gurw stated, there were multiple projects being worked. on I was probably talking about the community one though.
Most everyone who signed up to work on it.. ended up doing bupkiss. Like the "art department" I was heading.. I asked everyone else on the team for input.. got no responses. And much as I am interested in making a game.. I can't do all the things myself. I have a jerb and such. Just wasn't enough time/dedication. Not to say it still can't happen. Just.. not at this time.
There are still a few people interested and working on things on the side, I'm sure. But it's very slow going.

Most everyone who signed up to work on it.. ended up doing bupkiss. Like the "art department" I was heading.. I asked everyone else on the team for input.. got no responses. And much as I am interested in making a game.. I can't do all the things myself. I have a jerb and such. Just wasn't enough time/dedication. Not to say it still can't happen. Just.. not at this time.
There are still a few people interested and working on things on the side, I'm sure. But it's very slow going.
It was organized to a degree, had department leads and groups organized based on interest/skill. Just having it a volunteer project is not the most appealing to people (or most time worthy.)

It was organized to a degree, had department leads and groups organized based on interest/skill. Just having it a volunteer project is not the most appealing to people (or most time worthy.)
Everyone knew it was volunteer going in. I don't think that was an issue itself.
It's one thing to say "yeah I want to help" and another to actually be responsible enough to follow through and DO the things. Follow-through and dedication is a problem in any endeavor, especially when trying to organize a group. The game attempt was just a really good example of it.
Also didn't help that all the "departments" were working almost totally separately, and everyone was being very vague. At least from my perspective with the art.

Everyone knew it was volunteer going in. I don't think that was an issue itself.
It's one thing to say "yeah I want to help" and another to actually be responsible enough to follow through and DO the things. Follow-through and dedication is a problem in any endeavor, especially when trying to organize a group. The game attempt was just a really good example of it.
Also didn't help that all the "departments" were working almost totally separately, and everyone was being very vague. At least from my perspective with the art.
I wasn't involved but it had seemed like it was "You guys do art, you do UI, you do story" "What are we working on?" "Fuck if I know"

I didn't see anything wrong with it. It was a little tedious to have to click on things to see them, but otherwise, I got a good laugh out of it.
The only problem I had with it, is it got really confusing as to whooo was talking. I always look at avatars to know, not names.

Back