• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

How to rank up after builder?

Agreed with Kat
No point to revive this thread with a question that could have gone into Feedback/Suggestions area.

If I may be frank for a moment: I think the reason there has never been a thread or anything stickied to the promo threads about moving beyond builder is because if you're asking about it on the forums, then you're probably not really ready for it anyways. Most users who get promo'd beyond builder are known amongst the admins, have a grasp for the rules and what is and isn't bannable. Also, the builder who is ready for Engineer has a certain degree of maturity. Granted, we all cut-up and have some fun with our powers from time-to-time, but giving kick powers to just anyone can have very bad results.

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, i agree that the people who ask probly arent ready, but i still think it should be a sticky. Not everyone who dosent understand the proccess will ask, not only might they not ask they may be scared to ask the correct people, and ask friends or other builders who arent aware. Someone to scared about being judged or scared that an admin will think less of them because they might not quite understand how our admins promote their mods wont speak up. I know for a fact in other situations (which epics know about) people wont always voice their opinions because they are scared for a possible negitive effect it could have on them in the community. (Even i was one of them until i got to a place where i knew the epics and felt comfterable voicing my concerns.) With that said i think it should be stickied for the people who will keep to theselves and never ask.

1. We want them to have accurate information
2. We dont want people who dont understand the engineer+ ranking proccess, telling them what they need to do
3. Allowing everyone easy, and quick access will eliminate 1 and 2.

People can still be monitered in game, and the people who really are going to ask will do it anyways, i know from experiance telling someone how to rank wont end their questioning.

hmm i realised that was an extremely old reply and there were 6 more pages of information but my points are still valid, and bumped it because i think it, without the ability to reply should be a sticky in the promotion section.

Back