• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ranks: An editorial by Crane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand that it's not our job and we're not expected to rid the server of griefers by ourselves but when you feel responsible for something you feel responsible for it. I wasn't trying to criticize your post or anything, I agree with you, I was just expressing my opinion on the matter.

I wasn't at all offended, I just think that your view of what you're supposed to do is a little too large. I feel like you're thinking too big. You'll get there eventually, but for now just do your best to help the awesome+ people get the job done. I can't tell you how much more efficient I can be when I have one or two engineers helping me out.

/novel but totally educational and highly informative. I have never sought after awesome or pro ranks for the sense of satisfaction, I prefer to aim for owner, seeing as thats when you get invited to the gayest hottest parties in town.

i actually read it now, and i totally agree. sure i am pretty much doing what it says people are doing, but it is totally true!

That was really good. Thank you.
CreepClap.gif

Totally agreed! Most of the people are building/helping for the ranks but looks like they forget the most important thing of the game...
FUN! HAVE FUN!

I find this post to describe mostly everything that is everything.
i see it more as, or the way you described:
classic - the next level
beta - enjoying that project and feel the sense of accomplishment from completing that project you spent 2 months gathering, building, and enjoying it.

also i consider the current "trust" sistem for mod promotions is not effective when translating to beta, as most primary sources of recommendations for new mods come from people Wooty and Ozy personally promoted and assigned in the initial months of the classic server existence. As Wooty and Ozy do not play enough beta to begin trusting, and classic mods as trusted sources of reccomendations are not present enough, we end up with almost total lack of moderation, excluding the more serious cases and ONLY if the players are more wary and figure out they need to call for help through the forums. Building in the outlands isnt unsafe because of wipes, but rather because of player grief. Hobotown and any outlands structure that isnt located at a distance at which it cant be called a multiplayer build is subject to grief and becomes messy in a matter of days/weeks.

You realize that the entire beta server was designed with safe guards against grief... namely the cities. Building these hobo towns is literally ignoring the design and plan of the server. I'm going to laugh when the biggest wave of grief to ever hit our minecraft server happens to the outlands... you know... the wipe.

You realize that the entire beta server was designed with safe guards against grief... namely the cities. Building these hobo towns is literally ignoring the design and plan of the server. I'm going to laugh when the biggest wave of grief to ever hit our minecraft server happens to the outlands... you know... the wipe.

I currently feel like the hobo towns in the outlands is like a mix of waterworld, and mad max.....and then, "the wipe". I almost wish that my pc could withstand beta so I could play.

I agree to an extent wiht 'Crane. Whilst I've always found only kindness and respect from those of a higher rank, I do feel that to an extent guests get ignored a bit. Understandably, as the majority of them are greifers or just randoms. However, there are some guests that actually want to get somewhere.

I've never had a problem with being heard by rank, so don't think I'm being rude or critizing.
Although higher ranks get idolized, it is pretty fair that they do. Those of very high rank, such as Casham or ConRod, have spent a lot of time on Team9000 and have invested so much into it.

AkatsukiNaruto69 said:
I completely agree with you Crane. I joined the server for socializing and fun, but because I am not a "HIGH" rank I am almost completely ignored. I even tried "cheating" my rank just so I would be noticed. Even "HIGH" ranks ignore me, or at least that is the impression I get. I just want to have fun and socialize, but it is EXTREMELY hard when know one will give a care in the world to you. This is a MAJOR reason why I don't play much anymore. Every time I get on; "Hi everyone." or "How is everyone?" or "Someone talk." etc, and NO response. Lower rank=IGNORE, Higher rank=IDOLIZE. And not to be rude to some of the higher ranks, but some don't deserve it, some are douche-bags. I apologize if I insulted anyone, I just needed to rant, and no better way than this AMAZING post then emphasizes what I feel. Thank you Crane.

That should be some motivation to get builder rank, I'm not the most popular builder, but I do get respect, people say hi to me when I get online.. Just chill dude, and if noones your friend on t9k, just remember this: to get a friend, you gotta be a friend.. Happy building! :freshprince:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back