• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

TacoCraft: A Team9000 Exclusive! (For a few days, anyway.)

Is TacoCraft good?

• Total voters
Like someone suggested on one of the blog posts after I mentioned adding Tacos to the game as a mod...
Make the texture of the bread a taco. That also makes it stand out as TACOcraft. :D :rofl:
Also the taco picture from paintings messed up in an art gallery I was viewing in another server. Lol I saw a grand total of 16 tacos in the gallery.
Final note, source water and lava needs to be blockier. But not too drastically modified as though not to mix with the flowing water texture.
I actually like the fact that it's similar to the original. Some texture packs I've had in the past made me wonder stuff like 'what the..what is that?' etc.

Like someone suggested on one of the blog posts after I mentioned adding Tacos to the game as a mod...
Make the texture of the bread a taco. That also makes it stand out as TACOcraft. :D :rofl:
Also the taco picture from paintings messed up in an art gallery I was viewing in another server. Lol I saw a grand total of 16 tacos in the gallery.
Final note, source water and lava needs to be blockier. But not too drastically modified as though not to mix with the flowing water texture.
I actually like the fact that it's similar to the original. Some texture packs I've had in the past made me wonder stuff like 'what the..what is that?' etc.
I mentioned the bread to taco thing :D

I made sure that stuff isn't too different, but blockier, but not simpler. The hunger bar should be tacos, food items will be kept the same. I mean, why just look at tacos all the time!? :D Also, water would not work, as it is used as a moving block. The same texture for the still water is the same one that is used for running water, just like how the rain texture works. (I thought the rain texture looked really cool :D)

looks good up close for builds but the wood plank texture from afar is kinda wierd imo, i'll post a comparison pic of tacocraft vs. default in a minute or two

heres Tacocraft:

Taco.JPG

heres Default:

default.JPG

tacocraft is good, but not for me.

to each his own

See how much I worked on that? DO YOU SEE THE HARD WORK?
i do indeed but it looks a little too cartoony and simple for my tastes, i prefer realistic TP's but im not going to diss yours, it is good and worth the download for people who are looking for a 1.8 compatable texture pack.

i do indeed but it looks a little too cartoony and simple for my tastes, i prefer realistic TP's but im not going to diss yours, it is good and worth the download for people who are looking for a 1.8 compatable texture pack.
At least you tried it, that's what counts.
Thanks for posting screenies, I'll post some of my own when I get the chance. (AKA: I stop being lazy and get my ass to do that.)

I don't like the rain. It's damn near impossible to see anything.
(Will update with screenies when I can of what the rain looks like in my world.)

PS Glass fits in well, so well that sometimes you can't see it... I've lost a couple dozen glass blocks this way ;(

I don't like the rain. It's damn near impossible to see anything.
(Will update with screenies when I can of what the rain looks like in my world.)

PS Glass fits in well, so well that sometimes you can't see it... I've lost a couple dozen glass blocks this way ;(
I'll go into GIMP and murder some drops, I thought it was overkill..... :rofl:

Back