drawing time!

I drew this a little while ago on my whiteboard at 3am for 2 hours.

whiteboard.jpg

When people ask me to draw less of something.. I generally ignore them, unless it's against official rules. Which.. ponies are not. I definitely plan on doing more of them, whether anyone likes them or not. They is for ME! XD And sometimes I draw them. So in the thread they go.
In the mean time. HAVE A SEXY VAMPIRE MAN! Also whether you like it or not. XD
ThomasRaith.jpg

When people ask me to draw less of something.. I generally ignore them, unless it's against official rules. Which.. ponies are not. I definitely plan on doing more of them, whether anyone likes them or not. They is for ME! XD And sometimes I draw them. So in the thread they go.
View attachment 107258

Hmm.. I like the text very much, but if i give a like that would make me like the drawing
But i do not like sexy vampire men :3

Herpaderp! <3

View attachment 107258
This i like :D I wouldnt mind shoving this up my ass!

Since people have been wondering about the red pencil on my "sketches".. Here's a doodle in progress. Korra, of course.
574933029.jpg

Col-erase (by Prismacolor) is a popular pencil for animation, comics, and illustration, because they are erasable. There's only like 24 colors total (purchased seperate or in sets), and they're kinda hard/waxy pigment, so maybe not the best for coloring/blending. But they're excellent for sketching. In hand drawn animation, it was common to see red, blue, and/or yellow on the initial sketched frames; like a black main drawing, and then blocked in areas of color to indicate where the shadows and highlights would be on the cell. In comics, it's common for artists to use the blue pencil for their first rough sketches. Specifically the light blue, or "non-photo" blue. The main reason being, it doesn't show up much when scanned into the computer. And if it does show, it's easy to drop it out in Photoshop, and just keep the dark pencil lines or inks.
I use Carmine red because it's also very easy to drop out of the image digitally, leaving only my clean dark mechanical pencil lines if I want, and I like the look/contrast of the red and black. Also.. I find the light blue hard to see, because I work kinda on the small side. But sometimes I'll use the dark Indigo blue, if I don't have a red around. It's pretty good too.
As you can see, my initial rough sketches in red are messy. I adjust a lot and try different poses (like the extra hand there) until I get it how I want it. And even though there's lots of lines, I know exactly where I'll go back over to clean up.
I also really like col-erase because they don't smudge when I'm working over it. If I was using all graphite, my hand would get covered.. and so would the paper. Plus it'd be a jumble of dark sketch lines, extra hard to see the final ones, unless I went back in with an eraser.. which is crazy for small details.
http://carpediemstore.com/mlistCategoriesAndProducts.asp?midCategory=959
So yeah.. that's why there's red stuff in some of my drawings. And that's my shameless art supply plug for the evening.

Back