• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Jungle Tree Sapling: So close, yet so far

StTheo

;(

Just...

...one...

...sapling...

2012-03-08_13.04.25.png

Oh wow that's so awesome, I can finally get a little pet kitten for myself.

Also a side note:

*Points to the edit button* You're welcome.

I want to go there just to try to get the cats, if they'll even be around at the edge of the biome like they were then.

I want to go there just to try to get the cats, if they'll even be around at the edge of the biome like they were then.
They come and go, the key is patience (and fish... so more patience).

*points at the fact that there are 2 hours between these posts*
^My reasoning for a new post.

Also I was able to get a sapling and plant it, but I didn't get a sapling from the resulting tree ;(

You should like.. set up a camp there... and call it the Kitten Adoption Home... Or Something.
I sort of did do that. It's in the north part of the map, near -1000 -8000.
Could we please be able to buy these saplings at the shop? We can't get them anywhere else. Or maybe expand the limit of the world (even temporarily) by 100 blocks, so a few saplings can be collected?

I sort of did do that. It's in the north part of the map, near -1000 -8000.
Could we please be able to buy these saplings at the shop? We can't get them anywhere else. Or maybe expand the limit of the world (even temporarily) by 100 blocks, so a few saplings can be collected?
The Admins should plant 3 Jungle Trees around the map and people have to go out and find them, that would be fun!

Boy, what an eventful trip. It involved:
  • Laggy fishing
  • Building a nice wooden shelter
  • Being blown up
  • Waiting patiently for 2 1/2 hours.
  • Chasing across the desert
  • Avoiding hordes of mobs in the forest
  • Building a land bridge across the ocean
  • Sprinting and narrowly avoiding death.
2012-03-09_09.53.40.png

2012-03-09_20.43.08.png

Like a boss.

I had another idea, but not sure it works, if there's a sapling 3 or 4 blocks away from the edge:
get a bucket of water, put water behind the sapling, the flow should bring the sapling to you.

Well I could break 3 leaves blocks, but nothing dropped.

have we checked the perimeter of the entire world?
The world has a radius of ~8000 blocks, so the circumference would be ~50000 blocks. I think I'll still try it in creative, though.
Checked in creative (north part of the map, since most of it elsewhere is ocean), there's a big jungle near x:600 z: -8000 <- A lot of land there has been generated pre 1.2, so no reachable jungle biomes

Back