• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Jungle Tree Sapling: So close, yet so far

Fact: It takes only one jungle sappling and three normal sapplings to grow a two by two jungle tree.

we tried twice in a snow field.. they would not grow big.. yes we were doing it 2x2 with various saplings as testers. Once we moved into a forest/grass, it worked fine.

we tried twice in a snow field.. they would not grow big.. yes we were doing it 2x2 with various saplings as testers. Once we moved into a forest/grass, it worked fine.
twice does not constitute a proper experiment.

Make sure there's enough headroom. Won't work if there isn't.

Be fair, the saplings are hard to acquire (until a few trees are harvested, that is).
free electrons that remain free in large quantities are also difficult to acquire. and because of that (and various other reasons), the LHC was built, rather than make assumptions based on an unacceptable number of experiments.

Again, if you use bonemeal it's possible. Though, I made mine 5 blocks offshore, so perhaps that had an effect.
:facepalm: I was saying, we tried to make it the correct way, using 3 oak saplings and 1 jungle tree sapling, used bonemeal on it, and we got a regular jungle tree.

twice does not constitute a proper experiment.
free electrons that remain free in large quantities are also difficult to acquire. and because of that (and various other reasons), the LHC was built, rather than make assumptions based on an unacceptable number of experiments.
was less an experiment and more of a very limited quantity of saplings and the snow botched it twice so we moved. If you want to experiment, get some and try it out Gurw.

was less an experiment and more of a very limited quantity of saplings and the snow botched it twice so we moved. If you want to experiment, get some and try it out Gurw.
Just saying, one can't make generalizations and post them as if they were fact based off of -very- limited testing.

:facepalm: I was saying, we tried to make it the correct way, using 3 oak saplings and 1 jungle tree sapling, used bonemeal on it, and we got a regular jungle tree.
It does sometimes derp, it derped once before that I saw like that, and had nothing to do with a snow biome

Back