New SimCity Game 2013

Looks like Maxis did a livestream last night where they answered some questions about SImCity and the stupid new Sims expansion pack. I'm watching it now, and it seems pretty cool.

But no offline mode :(

Looks like Maxis did a livestream last night where they answered some questions about SImCity and the stupid new Sims expansion pack. I'm watching it now, and it seems pretty cool.

But no offline mode :(

Don't you have an internet connection?

What's the problem? I'm sure someone will crack that for people who want to take Simcity on the road. I know it sounds like a good game to play on the train on my way to PAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

During the summers I don't have internet access so I would prefer to actually be able to PLAY my games that I pay for.

What's the problem?
I want to own the game I spend one billion dollars on.
bullshit.jpg

I played SimCity 2000, SimTower and SimAnt...those were the last sim games I have played...

I want to own the game I spend one billion dollars on.
View attachment 131219
Diablo III is that way because the AI is serverside, there is a lot less that would bog down the servers for this.

Course without something like that, I don't see the point. It doesn't stop piracy at all. Those people just find a way to crack it.

In diablo's case, it does. Since even if you crack it, there's no enemies. But not the case for SimCity.

This looks like an awesome game, but the graphics are somewhat childish and it requires an internet connection to start the game. The later is my main problem with the game. Though you can make "private" regions that won't be available to the public and have multiple cities in multiple regions, what happens if (or when) they take the login servers down? Remember the days of building an awesome metropolis from the ground up, saving it, and then desimating it with every disaster imaginable? Unfortunately, you won't be able to "exit without saving" anymore, meaning you probably won't want to destroy your city.

Can you not make cities not in a region? Seems silly to me to require that.
It's been like that since simcity 4. It's pretty cool when you want to make a large metropolitan+suburbs areas. Although you were limited in how big a single city zone can be, you could expand a town into neighbouring zones. And it's not like it's rocket science.

It's been like that since simcity 4. It's pretty cool when you want to make a large metropolitan+suburbs areas. Although you were limited in how big a single city zone can be, you could expand a town into neighbouring zones. And it's not like it's rocket science.
I'm talking about not in regions with real people.

One of the other things I'm interested in is the way your city can affect someone else's. I'm definitely going to troll everyone.

This is my plan:
1. Create industrial city, loads of pollution
2. Make maximum money possible at any given time
3. Make tons upon tons of money while polluting nearby cities
4. Go to global market
5. Buy everything
6. Cause stock market crash.

I want to know what happens here. EA/Maxis, if you're reading this, I want to get into the beta to test this without affecting other people. Is that cool by you?

hey there greenearth from the past, I hope you are ready for the next installment of your favorite game franchise to be a fucking train wreck. Oh we were so excited. gg ea

hey there greenearth from the past, I hope you are ready for the next installment of your favorite game franchise to be a fucking train wreck. Oh we were so excited. gg ea
Meh, even without the online requirement, you could see from early gameplay footage that the map size was small, which really sealed the deal-breaker for me.

Back