OUYA going to give Microsoft and Sony a run for their money

It looks as useful as an xbox that's designed as a home entertainment system instead of a gaming machine.
But it's just a Vita in a stationary box without a screen, which you connect to a TV. And it actually has games. This isn't just a streaming machine.

But it's just a Vita in a stationary box without a screen, which you connect to a TV. And it actually has games. This isn't just a streaming machine.
The OUYA does way more. And why in the hell do you want to buy a non-portable version of a portable gaming device when you can already spend $ 100 and hook your vita up to your tv and use a controller...and then take it with you when you're done?

The OUYA does way more. And why in the hell do you want to buy a non-portable version of a portable gaming device when you can already spend $ 100 and hook your vita up to your tv and use a controller...and then take it with you when you're done?
Because regular Vita's before this didn't have a TV-out at all, a portable Vita is actually 200$ new, while the Vita TV is predicted to cost around 100 due to no screen and touchpad etc. And you could say the same things about the smartphone components of your OUYA.
I'm not dissing OUYA completely though, it's built to be open and inviting to indie developers, albeit often suffers from poor OS design choices and coding. I really wish it would work better so we could hare more actual games on Android.
Not to mention the suspicious games they've funded through their kickstarter initiative recently

I tried it a few hours ago. Cure released, then billions of zombies died within days.
Odd. I just jumped down to normal to test it. Grabbed the first zombie symptom at 95% cure, when it hit 100%, I didn't notice any particular die-off.

I'm going to bump this out of curiosity.

Gurw and Nikki, (Not sure about the rest of you, or how often you guys have been able to use it), but you guys have had yours for a good time now. Have you guys been using it alot, or is it collecting dust?

Is it worth the $100 dollars? How are you guys liking the system?

Definitely fucking not. My OUYA pretty much is a $100 emulating machine. A shitty one at that even. Plus not to mention OUYA's support system is absolute shit. My first OUYA from kickstarter died after using it once, and my second OUYA they sent me is now having it's graphics card fail. I would recommend to save your money and buy a Nexus 7.

Definitely fucking not. My OUYA pretty much is a $100 emulating machine. A shitty one at that even. Plus not to mention OUYA's support system is absolute shit. My first OUYA from kickstarter died after using it once, and my second OUYA they sent me is now having it's graphics card fail. I would recommend to save your money and buy a Nexus 7.
Thanks for the input, I've heard relatively bad things about the OUYA system.

Cool stuff.

I'm going to bump this out of curiosity.

Gurw and Nikki, (Not sure about the rest of you, or how often you guys have been able to use it), but you guys have had yours for a good time now. Have you guys been using it alot, or is it collecting dust?

Is it worth the $100 dollars? How are you guys liking the system?
Mine works fine. But I wouldn't say it's worth the cost.

Mine is collecting dust simply because I don't have time to sit and play console games. I got to try some demos for a while when a friend was visiting. We had fun with it. Didn't notice any issues other than lack of "how to play" info on some games. I think if you want to try a bunch of random games not big titles, or want to try developing on it, then it might not be a bad price. On top of that, it has the emulators. So that's neat. But be prepared to play by trial and error. Some games suck, with no way to tell until you play. And be prepared to play solo. Didn't notice many multiplayer things, especially over the internet. For that, stick with pc.
I never expected it to be huge and amazing or have awesome titles right away. It still has kinks to work out. But I think it's neat. I'm ok with the money I spent, even though I rarely play.

Philips-CDi-400-Console-Set.jpg

CDI going to give Nintendo and Sega a run for their money ^^

Back